Sign in to follow this  
Neville

Armour Stands and Decay

I have some old chain sets sitting on armour stands inside a building. They've been sititng there for quite a while. I checked them today and the pieces had a lot of damage. Some pieces 16dmg. Does anyone else find the decay of armour sets sitting in armour stands to be somewhat excessive? Good thing I store my good set on my merchant. Although, it sort of defeats the purpose of having armour stands in the game to begin with. I look at it this way. Why should I store armour on a stand if it's going to decay hardcore? I just find the decay makes the item less useful overall in the game. Thoughts anyone?

• Like 2

I would have to agree with Neville here.  What is the point of armor stands?  They can only hold 1 full set of armor, they barely prevent any decay.  

If anything this should be like being in a decay *0.10 when on a stand.   

If the Dev's wanted to do it the "Right way"  It should be armor stand takes equal to it's quality and the remainder is applied to the armor pieces.  Thus having a high ql armor stand would prevent tremendous amounts of damage.

This is of course after the reductions of being on deed, inside buildings and so on.

On 20/03/2017 at 6:08 AM, Neville said:

I have some old chain sets sitting on armour stands inside a building. They've been sititng there for quite a while.

How long is "quite a while"?

16 damage over a week or two is excessive, 16 damage over six months is not.

6 hours ago, Tallios said:

I would have to agree with Neville here.  What is the point of armor stands?  They can only hold 1 full set of armor, they barely prevent any decay. 

You're looking for a wardrobe

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

How long is "quite a while"?

16 damage over a week or two is excessive, 16 damage over six months is not.

I'm looking for a wardrobe with a portal in the back... still haven't found one yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Either way, maybe an armor stand does half and the wardrobe does full.... either way.  I strongly believe quality should matter.