Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Hellhorse hitching linked to BC skill (to replace unhitching)

Why not allow hellhorses to stay hitched past aged but link the ability to drive the cart to the driver's skills?  Same as captaining ships, you can't captain bigger ships without the required skills.  The horses can be hitched but the cart can't be driven so will effectively be useless unless the driver has the skills, which will not only encourage people to get the required skills if they want to have a hellhorse cart, but also stop the worry about these valuable horses going missing via unhitching.

Which means, one hellie has a certain skill, two (on a cart or wagon) has higher (say ten more on bc), three has higher, four has higher (so you can't just have four hellhorses on a wagon without the required skill).  This can be adapted to the ql of the bridles and wagons and carts too, higher ql gear and vehicles mean slightly lower skill needed.  

• Like 6

+1 LOVE THIS YAS QUEEN

Seriously though, great compromise. It just makes sense!

+1, but level requirements for hellcarts/wagons was suggested when they nerfed Hell Horses and was completely ignored so I have little faith that this will be added.

+1, but...

I'm afraid you're suggesting a solution to a made-up problem that has nothing to do with the actual reason HHs' behaviour was changed.

Interesting, but could also destroy the horse selling market. They should just go back to letting hellhorses be hitched again regardless of age IMO. It was a stupid change to begin with. If everyone hates the change and it's a pain to change it again to make everyone happy, just revert the damn change.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 3:21 PM, zigozag said:

+1, but...

I'm afraid you're suggesting a solution to a made-up problem that has nothing to do with the actual reason HHs' behaviour was changed.

+1 But like Zig said, the nerf was for Animal Taming, not BC. So make the cart require 70 taming or something to ride.

Sorry but a big -1 here from me.  This would be a huge kick in the teeth to priests who (even without the nerf) have a lower stat gain rate (creation vs improvement).

10 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Sorry but a big -1 here from me.  This would be a huge kick in the teeth to priests who (even without the nerf) have a lower stat gain rate (creation vs improvement).

Priests, like non-priests, regardless of religion, have access to *the* fastest way to gain body control.... archery.  It takes less than three weeks to get 31 body control this way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Priests, like non-priests, regardless of religion, have access to *the* fastest way to gain body control.... archery.  It takes less than three weeks to get 31 body control this way.

It's never risen that far for me; I use my bow a fair bit and in 5 years my body control is camping nicely at 23.

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "Priests, like non-priests, regardless of religion, have access to *the* fastest way to gain body control.... archery IF THEY PVP"?

Nope, I've gained 99% of my archery skill from non-PvP.  Seriously, you can get about .08 an hour.

So I am only 100 hours of grinding away from being able to ride a hellhorse ^_^

Wait a moment....

4 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

It's never risen that far for me; I use my bow a fair bit and in 5 years my body control is camping nicely at 23.

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "Priests, like non-priests, regardless of religion, have access to *the* fastest way to gain body control.... archery IF THEY PVP"?

I don't see why you would think it's related to pvp at all

I was sitting at a nice amount of about .3 bc an hour with sb when I was around 40 bc

It goes up really fast

• Like 1