Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Weather inside homes

[18:26:19] <Nomadikhan> I wish it'd stop snowing in my home...

Nuf said, been asked for many times.  Let's make it happen.

• Like 2

agreed, rain shouldn't be coming through a solid roof, and the same with fog, these need to be fixed,

+1 here

• Like 2

Almost sounds like something that should be a bug report rather than a suggestion.... it really shouldn't even have to be said. 

(Not saying you posted it wrong, I just mean that something like this should not HAVE to be suggested, it should be that way already.)

+1 

• Like 3

as always +1

also +1 for removing snow from the paved ground floor, not everyone want to use builded floors

• Like 2

At the very least, let us put buckets in the living room to collect all that water from our leaky roofs :P

+1, of course.  I'm guessing somewhere in these forums lies an explanation as to the technical difficulties that has kept this from being fixed all this time.  Might search for it later but if anyone happens to know, it would be interesting.

WTS blessed umbrellas that are not bad luck if opened inside.

WTB blessed umbrellas that are not bad luck if opened inside.

• Like 1

I noticed how annoying this is today. +1 much needed. 

I want to sit by my fire without snow on my head please!

While it would be a nice and welcome change, I question how possible it really is to make happen?

+1

I was just thinking about this last night. I haven't looked at the code but I assume tiles already know when they're "inside". How hard would it be to stop the animations around our head while that's happening?

I remember when this was brought up before (snow on pavement tiles inside buildings) some Dev commented that they have no way of knowing whether a pavement tile is inside a structure. Basically when it snows all pavements are programmed to have to snow effect on them. Seems to make sense to me, as well as the fact if it were to be eliminated inside building pavement tiles that there would then need some way to check every pavement tile in order to eliminate it. Excessive coding work vs reward = not worth it.

=Ayes=

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

I remember when this was brought up before (snow on pavement tiles inside buildings) some Dev commented that they have no way of knowing whether a pavement tile is inside a structure. Basically when it snows all pavements are programmed to have to snow effect on them. Seems to make sense to me, as well as the fact if it were to be eliminated inside building pavement tiles that there would then need some way to check every pavement tile in order to eliminate it. Excessive coding work vs reward = not worth it.

=Ayes=

Nah, you can check only when you build/remove building, or add/remove from building or pave inside building. Then add extra parameter to to pavement tile, so engine will recognise it.

Edited by Wilczan