Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Improved Improve in WO

What would the WO community think about getting Improved Improve into Wurm Online?

This literally is just to list it's pros and cons...cause I myself don't see any cons

Mod I am talking about:

The only Con I can see is that it'd make botting much easier as now you simply just make a macro for improve, repair, improve, repair... delay... repeat.  With keyboards that have macro keys such as my G510 and my razer Blackwidow... and the availible software for those with regular 104-key keyboards... I don't think this is a good idea for WO.

52 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

With keyboards that have macro keys such as my G510 and my razer Blackwidow... and the availible software for those with regular 104-key keyboards... I don't think this is a good idea for WO.

As long as you don't use a delay or repeat it's allowed. I myself set my pickaxe to my toolbelt slot one and mine action to binded to M.  There is no delay or repeat at all. By setting up something like 1m1m1m1m1m to my g key. It just fills my action queue to mine 5 times. 

Quote from rules :

Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions simultaneously (without any default, built-in, or added delay timingsin order to fill your in game ACTION QUEUE provided you do NOT use any sort of repeat function.

As for the orginal suggestion -1 improve improve is much different then I explained above. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 2

People are worried that instead of going 1,2,3,4,5, imp, repair. with the macro they are going to make it a tiny bit easier? lol 

+1 it makes sense and is a lot less hassle when your drunk but have the urge to imp some weapons.

• Like 3

Set tools you need for improve on toolbelt.

bind i improve

bind r repair

Set 1i2i3i4i5ir for one button.

I heard such macro is legit.

You need 50 mind logic for it though, and improved improve simply removes this requirement.

Definetly +1

• Like 1

i am a hard working crafter that works hard on being a hard worker and this makes being a hard working crafter that works hard not hard. i think it is good for hard working crafters to be hard working or the work isnt hard. i would like all hard working crafters to work hard at remaining to be hard working crafters. on behalf of hard working crafters that work hard at being a hard working crafter i say no.

• Like 5

On 3/16/2017 at 5:36 PM, JamesSnow said:

i am a hard working crafter that works hard on being a hard worker and this makes being a hard working crafter that works hard not hard. i think it is good for hard working crafters to be hard working or the work isnt hard. i would like all hard working crafters to work hard at remaining to be hard working crafters. on behalf of hard working crafters that work hard at being a hard working crafter i say no.

LMAO.  This is great read.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

ppl will macro no matter what but if you got the items in your invent why not just bind the 2 keys and go at it .hell make it so you dont even need the items in your toolbelt

no.... its not hard to use your toolbelt and just hit the # 1-5 for the tool you want, they even made it easy you can save multiple toolbelt setups so you just preset all your various imping sets and when you switch from leather to smithing, just switch your toolbelt then you can do it all with hotkeys, this takes the thinking out of it and just lets you basically ignore your toon making it easyier to run 5 at a time... becuase you never have to worry about whether it was successful what tool is next or anything, you just keep your timer going and thats all that matters...

-1 to anything that takes the human aspect out of wurm

6 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

actually i think you should take away craft window too.

+1

On 3/16/2017 at 6:05 PM, Badget said:

Set tools you need for improve on toolbelt.

bind i improve

bind r repair

Set 1i2i3i4i5ir for one button.

I heard such macro is legit.

You need 50 mind logic for it though, and improved improve simply removes this requirement.

Definetly +1

I don't like that macro... The rules state that you MUST not have a delay or have repeated functions, but does not state (at least as far as i read) that you can't detect what is needed in order to do your actions. The important part of wurm is to be there clicking a button the whole time. The macro i made to simplify my improving only requires me to middle click the icon of the object that needs to be improved. 5 images around 10 pixels in radius of my picture are then looked for. If the image of a hammer is detected, then a certain number of my toolbelt (I alphabetize the toolbelt) is selected, and then the keybind for improve (I repair after, so i can queue several items to imp). After im done improving I repair and then press middle click on as many as my mind logic allows.

From the rules:

"Make sure to attend your game session when performing actions. If you use keybinds and send actions that finish often, make sure that your actions have desired effect before starting a new queue in case you watch TV or do something similar that steals your attention.... This will of course not happen when playing normally or being afk. You also have to make sure to respond to any popup questions that may occur due to such perceived automation."

AutoHotkey Script: This is for when i grinding cloth tailoring as Siasia for Nathan priesting (I am a noob programmer, sooper noob, so its messy) 

Spoiler

DELETED by Enki (Head Game Master)

So if people want to -1 then go ahead. As far as I read there is no rule against it. Those who know how to make the macro can enjoy this feature while doing their assignments or enjoy their leisure time.

Yiraia As far as this relates to Wurm Online, Your system would be considered automating a conditional selection that we do not provide as a function of the game.  Therefore it would be a macro and as such against the rules.

Badget's example and understanding is correct though.  As long as you are manually pressing a button to initiate each set of non delayed actions that go into your action queue it is correct.

/Enki (Head Game Master)

• Like 4

You have someone admitting to using a macro/bot script on the forums, have you banned them already?

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Enki said:

Yiraia As far as this relates to Wurm Online, Your system would be considered automating a conditional selection that we do not provide as a function of the game.  Therefore it would be a macro and as such against the rules.

Ah, So I only followed the attendance part of the rules. -macro deleted- Time to just use the "click everything" macro which has the same function but has a messier event chat lol.

8 hours ago, Enki said:

Badget's example and understanding is correct though.  As long as you are manually pressing a button to initiate each set of non delayed actions that go into your action queue it is correct.

That's the only thing i saw on every forum post about macros and followed it. Thanks for the clearing up!

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

You have someone admitting to using a macro/bot script on the forums, have you banned them already?

Oops didn't see you there XD, I would accept a ban happily as long as SOMEBODY who held SEVERAL pay-2-enter lottery got their punishment too ;) (probably got a warning like me). I read the rules and misunderstood it, and I technically should be punished. But there are others who completely disregarded it and went unbanned.

Infact I think the rules, along this statement that went uncorrected for a few months, is what lead me to believe the macro was allowed.

On 16/03/2017 at 2:13 PM, Egard said:

As long as you don't use a delay or repeat it's allowed.

Getting back to the topic at hand, what improvements?

Personally, I've been thinking about doing a mod for WU that would make improving an item a bit less boring and reliant on more than just a basic improve skill. I was designing up a system where you'd actually have specific types of damage to repair and specific actions to do. It would be more complicated than the current system, however I would augment the net gain to keep things in line. I just dislike the way it's "1,2,3,4,i,r" at the moment. 

Oh, why a WU mod? Because it's the perfect sandbox for developers too. :) I just lack the time to do it right now really. I can't justify working on a side project like that when I have Wurm-related work to do.

• Like 2

Like Evilreaper was saying; this page can help make imping easier.  I personally would stay away from imping if it wasn't for this setup.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Toolbelt_Profiles

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Keybinds

Then can keep left hand on keybinds for toolbelt slots and right hand for keybinds for improve and repair.  Keep mouse hovered over item you want to imp.

Watch movie on other monitor or TV in the house.

I've setup my keyboard 1-5 to have toolbelt slots 1-5 for imp tools.  Then I keybind U and I keys for imp/repair.  Lay 2 hands on keyboard and good to go.  Just look at icon that changes in the imp column so you don't have to read the Event Log.  Pictures quicker to look at.

I know Wurm Assistant has an imp feature also to just tell you want you need to imp with instead of reading Event Log.

Little work to setup, but worth it in the end.

Edited by nicedreams
Grammar

Just thinking about it....Build it into Wurm to show a picture flash on the screen to help while imping or something like that.  The icons on the screen in IMP part of inventory are pretty small and bigger information to help with imping would be nice instead of using 3rd party tool like Wurm Assistant.

Staring at the event log for an hour while imping and trying to watch TV or focus on 2 things is hard.

*Have a new feature like an IMP BOX that shows your current item you are imping and what's next to imp it.  Then can resize the box like the character view.  Then I don't have to bump my fonts up in game to 18-20 anymore to read the event log every imp.

Just something to make it more noticeable since not much interaction while imping.

Edit:  Make a new window in the new GUI coming out soon just for Imping.  It would show the information and pictures in one nice organized place that can be moved around.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

On 20/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, nicedreams said:

Just thinking about it....Build it into Wurm to show a picture flash on the screen to help while imping or something like that.  The icons on the screen in IMP part of inventory are pretty small and bigger information to help with imping would be nice instead of using 3rd party tool like Wurm Assistant.

Staring at the event log for an hour while imping and trying to watch TV or focus on 2 things is hard.

*Have a new feature like an IMP BOX that shows your current item you are imping and what's next to imp it.  Then can resize the box like the character view.  Then I don't have to bump my fonts up in game to 18-20 anymore to read the event log every imp.

Just something to make it more noticeable since not much interaction while imping.

Edit:  Make a new window in the new GUI coming out soon just for Imping.  It would show the information and pictures in one nice organized place that can be moved around.

Why not add it onto the existing Target window? Rightclick to change between items and creatures. When items modevis selected, display what is needed to improve it