Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Bulk Merchants

Could we have a merchant that could store and sell items out of a BSB or FSB? (not a separate box from the merchant, but one in the merchant so to speak)

If you merged the back end of a Bulk storage Bin to a merchant interface and let people set a per unit price, it would radically change the markets.

edit:  To clarify my point is that the merchant would literally behave like a BSB or FSB.  It could only take items that would fit in such containers, and would be limited by maybe 300 total items or what a BSB or FSB could hold.  This means when you give the merchant 100 tomato with a set price 5i.  Then giving him another 100 tomato would simply make the total 200 tomato each selling at 5i per.  This is to simplify as much coding as possible.

Additionally, I think that these bulk merchants should also be able to be set up with a "purchase order" option.  So that they can offer to buy for example "100 small nails, min quality 30" and would pay people for these items with coin given by the player.

These two functions incorporated into a merchant NPC would radically change the market, and allow a lot more flexibility and community involvement.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

Sounds good, although the number of items bought would be limited by player inventory (and strength for heavy objects). Unless the purchased items could be directed somehow into a specified container.

Cheap cross server mail has rendered merchants largely irrelevant; bulk sales may be a way to revitalize them.

The way people get around this is to setup a locked 1x1 fenced pen.  You sell the key on the merchant that opens the pen or locked BSB.  Locked BSB and selling the key on merchant might be easier.  Can put a bunch of locked BSB's along the coast of the market for ship pickup.  They buy the key from merchant and they good to go.  Of course a lot of trust in is involved with buying a key and making sure it work.

+1 I love this idea and I think it would create a way to revitalize the market deeds without leaving vulnerabilities in permissions or huge amounts of trust by selling keys.

We would need to address the issue of containers (in a large crate, into a vehicle, and so on...) but I really think this would be beneficial.

• Like 1

I would love a merchant / contract that you add x amount of say bricks to the contract and put it on the merchant and the title says 100 bricks. Then when the player gets to there deed, they cn double click the contract, (ask if they want to redeem items) and a pile of the 100 bricks goes to the tile ground the player is standing on. Anyone else interested or understand kind of what I'm getting at?

the max items the contract could hold would be 100 since that would create the max pile of items available on a cleared tile.

I play  Wurm Unlimited and use many mods but this one would be great!

Edited by McKenna
adding info

On 3/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, nicedreams said:

The way people get around this is to setup a locked 1x1 fenced pen.  You sell the key on the merchant that opens the pen or locked BSB.  Locked BSB and selling the key on merchant might be easier.  Can put a bunch of locked BSB's along the coast of the market for ship pickup.  They buy the key from merchant and they good to go.  Of course a lot of trust in is involved with buying a key and making sure it work.

we got bulk market at glasshollow market you can check out...  you buy key on merchant open slot and load into wagon, boat or just send it via wagoner to your place.