Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Valoria

As an admin, I have to back Miz's play on the gradual increase of creature count. As players get stronger, more creatures can be delt with for any new players who come in. When you first open a new server you don't necessarily want your players to get slaughtered their first time stepping out of the starter area. Unless danger is what you are promoting.

I secretly stopped in to have a look around today, seemed like people were having fun, which is the most important thing.

• Like 3

I did notice you jumping on the server and wonder if you'd come for a look around :P ( well I saw your steam id you must have used a different name )

Thanks Xype. As you said, with a 2x2x server it's not easy to gain fight skill. Also players didn't start with 50ql longswords or 30ql leather gear. With 1 fight skill and not enough body control to ride a horse - well large open plains to begin with and less creatures are nice. Players that do want more creatures early on in the game can find them on the smaller hunting islands. Creature count right now is still 100k, but it will be rising slowly as we see fit :)

Also as time goes on the community have already been planting new woods and forests. All those vast open plains - enjoy them while they last!

I figured you would see me, didn't know if you had announce mod though so didn't want to make other players think I was there to be rude. I just wanted to look around as usual :)

Everyone had great fun at the Goblin Leader Slaying! We were like a swarm of newbies poking at it with sticks until it eventually died! Congrates to all the winners of the rolls for the loot!

Lots of players are now setting up their deeds and very soon our forums will have new alliance areas for allies to use to leave messages to each other and plans!

Saw the bounty list. A sheep, a wolf, or a goblin are all 1c? How do you equate a ven goblin that can hack a 30ql chain armor person to 25% health with a SHEEP. lmfao. it's a joke right? I'm thinking you do this so newer players are stuck with 1 copper kills to make it harder to earn monies. I can see no other reason a sheep kill would be equal to a wolf kill. 

Anyways, big map, lots of water. Should get some good critter concentrations. Looks like a fun place. Luck to ya. 

I'm so sorry if you read the bounty list incorrectly.

Sheep are worth 50i. Goblins 1c.

Regardless, we do not want bounties for passive or easy mobs to be high otherwise someone will high fight skill will just farm easy mobs for money. I'd rather encourage trading then hunting - which is what we have here and is working well for us :)

Todays update has added new content! New craftable wagon types, new helmets, crowns and fireworks!

ic7qit.jpg

Players can now create PMK wagons or the standard kingdom wagons.

Also in todays update our creature count has been raised to 120k and our four volcano's have been given names to help indentify them better on the map!

More updates today as our website adds many new features!

* Alliances now have their own groups and can request their own alliance forums. These forums are great for alliance or deed members to leave messages to one another or post pictures or deed plans!

* Donation page has had an overhaul including some new gift items.

* Event listing has been reworked so that when an event is posted it will appear in the upcoming events on the homepage and the bottom of the forums! It will also create a thread automatically in the events and contests area of the forums.

Upcoming events!

* On Sunday we are having a game of Deal or No Deal! Players can enter for a chance to walk away with a grand prize of 1g! Or they could walk away with nothing at all. Entry is free you just need to be at Port Valor between 8-9PM BST (British Summer Time). Rules and how the game will work will be explained in this signup hour as well.

* Every month on the last Sunday we have a Trade Fair. The next is on April 30th!

You're missing the best kingdoms wagon.

Here you go, play spot the missing wagon

Yc6uZjk.png

If I am counting right you are missing 3 apart from the ones you have and the base kingdom wagons (which I assume you already had).

Edited by Xyp

Yes playing spot the missing wagon isn't difficult when I'm missing more then one!

So what are those three missing kingdoms called? I had to look up and figure out the names of the others because I have like zero WO knowledge xD

Edit: Also I had no idea there were models for PMK tents and tall banners. Are there models for flags and banners too? :o I currently have the wagons craftable... but not the flags, banners or tent yet. Still gotta code that x.x

So much to code so little time *melts into a puddle of Mizgoo*

Edited by Iberis

Rather than give you the direct answer, to help you in the future in case things change. My answer to you is going to be to look in the client, pmk.jar, mappings.txt will show you what each kingdom has (other than wagons, should assume all have a wagon)

• Like 1

Tomorrow we are having our very own version of the popular TV Shadow Deal or no deal!

jiz7zr.jpg

Players could get a chance to win up to 1g of prize money! Or they could be very unlucky and walk away 1i or even with nothing. All depends on how far our players are willing to gamble! It's sure to be a great event not just for those who playbut also for everyone watching!

So the big question is... deal or no deal? ;D

Since Isle of Valoria begun 3 weeks ago we have managed to catch and ban 4 seperate players who use cheats such as afk macros (as an example).

We follow the same rules as Wurm Online. If you macro you will be caught and we have a zero tollerence approach to dealing with them.

With that being said, players on our server can enjoy the game in the fair and friendly environment knowing that the staff team are doing everything they can to make sure the game is kept fair and that cheaters are not ruining the server.

• Like 1

This Easter we are having a large Tourney Event!

There will be three seperate contests, Archery, Melee Fighting and Jousting! Everyone is welcome to come and take part. Details of the event can be found on our website :)

Pretty active server currently with low alt amounts

• Like 1

Few bugfixes in todays update!

Livemap also updated :D

Server still going strong and still active!

Always looking for more players! Server is still active and going strong.

This weekend just gone we had our first drake slaying!

With so many uniques, especially dragons, roaming the map there will be many more to come in the future!