Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Tip collection for GMs

I dont know why i wrote "whte (empty)" months ago, i look now at the banners wagons, it seems auxdata 0 is the same like auxdata 4

can anyone confirm that? at any case my client are not correct atm

Eject

Edited by Eject

Auxdata does not change the look for wagons. Instead use Data1.

• Like 1

Youre right, i dont know why i mixed the fields

Thank you =)

I have a question about something that may or may not be a bug, but am hoping someone has a fix for it. I have a GM on my server that can no longer use their Ebony Wand to level tiles. It logs the error message: [18:39:20] The ebony wand cannot fit anything more inside of it. Does anyone know a way around this? They have deleted and given themself a new wand but still get the same message. The wand used to work then one day stopped working. Their inventory is pretty much empty apart from a few merchant contracts.

1 hour ago, DragonsGateWU said:

I have a question about something that may or may not be a bug, but am hoping someone has a fix for it. I have a GM on my server that can no longer use their Ebony Wand to level tiles. It logs the error message: [18:39:20] The ebony wand cannot fit anything more inside of it. Does anyone know a way around this? They have deleted and given themself a new wand but still get the same message. The wand used to work then one day stopped working. Their inventory is pretty much empty apart from a few merchant contracts.

This is a known bug.  If you have the betterdig mod installed, then a GM can still level with the wand if commanding a cart.  It's a total pain, but hopefully they'll get around to fixing it soon.

Edited by Batta

44 minutes ago, Batta said:

This is a known bug.  If you have the betterdig mod installed, then a GM can still level with the wand if commanding a cart.  It's a total pain, but hopefully they'll get around to fixing it soon.

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I'll have them use a cart then because we do have the betterdig mod. 

Hi all I have been playing around with the new mission ruler since its release but can't seem to get it working, am I missing something stupidly simple or is it not working in WU yet?

On 2/1/2019 at 10:10 AM, Kyta said:

Hi all I have been playing around with the new mission ruler since its release but can't seem to get it working, am I missing something stupidly simple or is it not working in WU yet?

It's trickier to use than the previous one. 

You need to create a new mission, then edit.

Create the mission trigger, then immediately click the button below it to create trigger effect.

Link trigger effect to trigger, then update the whole mission.

If it still doesn't work, you need to edit your mission numbers in the database (wurmplayers.db>Missions) so that they begin at a very high number such as 10000000.

Edited by Batta

Yeah all of the old mission ruler tutorials are no longer relevant and should be removed. They just add to the confusion when people see them and then try the mission ruler and it all looks very different.

I didn't see this mentioned here yet: Server mod: Ebony wand 2.0

I'd highly recommend server ops install this mod. Even though it hasn't had an update for a long time what it does is allow you to play almost completely normally whilst having your GM permissions. It reduces how often you need to elevate/demote your privileges or reliance on a GM specific character. For example mining doesn't remove a whole tile with 1 hit unless you specifically have a wand active.

So far the only exceptions I've come across are:

• Building fences: These do still complete in 1 instant action, so you do need to drop down to level 1 (hero) for this.
  • Improving: If you're level 5 (implementor) this still happens instantly and works on damaged items, so you need to drop down to level 4 (arch GM) for this.

2 hours ago, Adambean said:

For example mining doesn't remove a whole tile with 1 hit unless you specifically have a wand active.

This is how it is now without the mod, actually.  A GM can mine one hit at a time with a pickaxe, or activate a wand to take down the whole wall.

• Like 2

My opinion is, i dont need to play normal with a gm char, for this i have a simple player char.

Gm chars are needed to work on the server and do things fast, further its senseless to gain skill in normal way for a gm char.

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 8:05 PM, Batta said:

This is how it is now without the mod, actually.  A GM can mine one hit at a time with a pickaxe, or activate a wand to take down the whole wall.

Oh nice, suddenly that mod has lost 50% of its value. :)

5 hours ago, Adambean said:

Oh nice, suddenly that mod has lost 50% of its value. :)

Except that @ozmods mentioned here that the bury action isn't working, so I'd say the mod has lost 100% of its value.