Sign in to follow this  
Soil

Do not allow enemies to karma home soon after leaving local

why is this still in the game lol

really you should only be able to karma home within your own kingdom's influence IMO, but even putting like a 10 minute timer from when your enemy leaves your local before you can karma / recall home would be beneficial. 

It's not very hard to dip out of local and karma home with everything on you if you're deep in enemy lands and realize you're in a shitty situation and just poof away from it before your enemy even has a chance to pursue. 

karmaporting is an awful mechanic in general and should have been removed from the PvP servers. At least this will help discourage people from relying on poofing away from their enemies when things get hairy and they're able to leave local for 10 seconds.

• Like 2

No? -1 

If you work hard to get the meditating to get teleport home I don't think it should be blocked. It's not like gaining Karma is a hard thing either, you can literally do any mission on Chaos and still get credit even if it says enemy. 

55 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No? -1 

If you work hard to get the meditating to get teleport home I don't think it should be blocked. It's not like gaining Karma is a hard thing either, you can literally do any mission on Chaos and still get credit even if it says enemy. 

re-read the post
Example: Me, Unknownorganism and Zaz go to a panda deed
Unknownorganism and Zaz die on the way back to the boat
I get to the boat, sail out of their local before they can get to their boat, and karma home as soon as I leave their local before they can pursue me.

( i actually sailed home yesterday, but I figure I'll give a legitimate example )

Edited by Soil
rewriting my example

Add a 1 minute cooldown that starts from when the enemy leave your local to when you can teleport.

That gives the chasers 1 minute to simply catch up to keep in local and cancel the cooldown. If the one fleeing manages to keep enemies out of local for a full minute, they deserve to be able to tele out.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 2

Yea I prefer 5 minutes. 1 minute is too short.

Edit; also just cause you work hard for something doesn't make it fair.

Same tactic was used when nerfing sotg. Sotg users were screaming they worked hard for 50%DR even though its clearly a broken mechanic.

Edited by shankiest

-1, people should be able to teleport home, the restriction of them not being able to do it with an enemy in local is plenty, we don't need to add anymore.

if you can't keep up to someone fleeing, then they should be able to karma out if they can make it out of your local

working fine as it is

I did think it was funny months back when you guys all karma ported out and left your fleet of boats in the water south of ravenholm would of been nice to gank you all, but the way I looked at it, you got away fair and square because we didn't sail the right direction to keep you in local

Edited by JakeRivers

+1

I've abused the hell out of barely slipping out of local and immediately karmaing away on old ele.  It's a common occurrence on epic, especially in boat fights where the fleeing boat can just cross the server border and everyone hits karma before the chasing boat can cross, and if not everyone karmas in time the people left just cross again for another try.  Server borders here are littered with empty boats because people cross-and-karma

Being able to teleport away from danger so easily when being chased is a really dumb way to escape PvP.  I'd be in favor of 5-30 minutes cooldown on being able to karma/recall after enemies leave local.

• Like 1

When running away from an account you know you can't fight it's nice to know if you can get away from them far enough to karma then your okay.  Add another level of "getting the f out there" for lower accounts.  Like knowing your only escape is east border if by boat.

No everyone has a lot of karma to just keep popping.  I get karma just so I can go take risks to teleport without a group.

If it's too hard for lower accounts to escape, then I see that as a set back.  People like me won't take as many risks and make Chaos boring from people not wanting to go off deed without a huge group or won't go off deed without some leader online at the time.

Completely understand where you are coming from though as my crew has had people teleport home while chasing them and we guess if we lose them in local we'll look for their geared horse if left behind.

Maybe high level accounts or kings and champs can't karma home? :P

Edited by nicedreams

I just replied to a post for lessening the rang of local on PvP servers.  Then I'm all for no karma porting home out of local unless a timer is included if range is reduced.

21 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Add another level of "getting the f out there" for lower accounts.

If it's too hard for lower accounts to escape, then I see that as a set back.

but karma teleporting to escape is generally more useful for vets, because they are more likely to have faster horses and karma to spare

you're more likely to be able to use the karma teleport if you're faster than your opponent or have nolo cast on yourself, which usually doesnt apply to lower accounts

for example:

How 2 avoid PvP with Karma!

an infographic by Alexgopen

mwGJN3b.png

• Like 2

i worked hard to gain meditation skill for recall home and have plenty of karma

but that doesn't mean squat here.  most people will be nolod/going same speed/something and you can literally kill your backup that you're dragging, grab the corpse, then whip gear off your hh and teleport once you dip local.  I've done it once, and have had it happen to me a few times.  All ways are kinda dumb

1-5 min timer is probably fine to try out, if you made it 5 mins without being refound then you'll probably make it home most of the time by that point anyway so pointless to add longer

+1 I left other MMOs for hot drop metas, let's bring the fight back to PvP  and allow people to have the abilities still but agreed with all posters on a time limit after local is clear.

• Like 1