Sign in to follow this  
Soil

Reduce local distance ( PVP! )

While this might benefit pvp, Id like to suggest increasing local on pve servers. I often find myself chatting to local only to find out that the two people imchatting with cant see eachother.  This happends even with two neighbouring deeds. 

• Like 1

Those who are saying 80 tiles, I've always known it to be 50 tiles... Or at least that's what it was said to be by devs long ago. While in a mine you see 80 tiles and if your in a mine the players won't get you in local till your 20 tiles. Has this been changed or has this old info not been correct? Anything is possible with wurm. 

If the above is correct I don't see how removing local is going to help any. It will only help with stealth traps and that's about it. If the range is actually 80 then I would say reduce it to 40 or 50. If your in a mine the local should work both ways 20 tiles for you to see others and others to see you ( you are in a mine after all so in reality you shouldn't see anyone in local unless they are in the mine with you.)

FOR PVE ONLY please make local 150 tiles so people don't feel so barren.

Edited by MaurizioAM

On Inspiration, a PVE server in WU, we bumped local to 120. Was great for increased chat window local however seemed to also have some impact on client performance likely due to client processing more stuff (even if it wasn't visible) so would recommend an implementation of chat distant on PVE to 120 provided non-visual stuff being processed was significantly reduced (to like 50 or something) to prevent client impact.