Sign in to follow this  
Mavv

Charm Spell

So I have Mavv as my main who can ride unicorns and hell horses. He has 50 taming so I can tame but it is a pain in the ass. My priest can cast Charm spell but its a real pain to transfer ownership. First it takes 20 seconds to charm, which can be cancelled during the combat to charm. Than you have to give pet away which sometimes doesn't work and forces you bandage up and do the whole charm process again.

A branded animal allows you to give permissions to other players. But if an animal is branded I found out you can not cast charm on it. So you lose that protection of branded if anything happens off deed and in theory you could lose horse gear. A couple of changes that I think would work especially now with being able to kit out unicorns and visible gear. 

1 - Allow players to cast charm on a branded animal, allowing anyone with the skills to ride without going through all the hassle of giving pet away.

2 - Lower the timer of charm spell

• Like 1

Why not go the extra step and let us use charm to boost existing loyalty of a tame animal too?  Make it a useful spell (since no-one I know bothers to cast it).

+1

• Like 1

charm is a great spell, and nobody should lose gear from a HH anyways so there's no need to brand.
if you want the benefits of charm on another character, maybe you should priest him up Fo or Paaweelr? 

or just grind taming

• Like 1

+1 to lowering charm timer! I also had that problem with my priest alt not being able to charm branded animals. I managed to solve it by unbranding those animals and rebranding them with the alt; you can try that :) 

what does charm timer have to do with anything
shouldn't effect anything at all, just wear armor and a shield

it's a horse not a dragon folks

The charm timer has to do with it because even if you are wearing armour and a shield, once the animal attacks you, you stop charming, even if it doesn't hurt you badly. You have to do it with an alt, get the alt to attack the animal while you charm it, which is a mission I could definitely do without.

wow ok sounds like you have to get stronger then. 

As far as I understand, it works that way for everyone. Doesn't everyone stop charming when they get attacked? Or if you have better stats will you keep charming no matter what?

My horse attacks me through out the whole thing, even a hit doesn't stop me, rarely it will. Hits can interrupt the cast no mater what spell you are casting

+1, anybody who doesn't understand simply has too much gear to understand the struggles of those who don't spend a lot of time or money in the game. When I cast charm every hit cancels my action, and the timer allows for around 4-5 hits. I have an easier time taming a wolf with 1 taming skill in comparison to charming it. Sorry our armor doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting damaged Mclovin and Soil :) 

If you want to ride these unicorns around, or hell horses for that matter you really should grind taming.

What good is a mount if you are riding along and it un-tames because a hell hound nipped its ankle, your alt will not be around to re-tame it for you and you will have a nice walk home as well leaving your animal behind. (with your gear on it if you don't want to kill it to get the gear back)

Edited by JakeRivers

On 3/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, Mavv said:

Allow players to cast charm on a branded animal, allowing anyone with the skills to ride without going through all the hassle of giving pet away.

It sounds like an oversight that it wasn't possible already. If you have the required permissions, you should be able to charm the branded animal. We can tame branded, so why not charm?

+1, maybe it was missed.

+1 to improving Charm, if people like the interruption mechanic so much, they can just hit ESC while casting untill they think they finally deserve to be able to cast it.

Maybe there's a difference between Charm and Dominate, but i've never had an interruption problem with Dominate. Btw you also can't give away a dominated pet, is it even supposed to be working for Charm?

charm does the same as tame

really if people want to ride these fancy critters you should have the skills for it as well

if you have enough body control you should be able to skill up your animal taming as well

if you are getting interrupted too much, you need a better shield, better shield skills and better defense stance

• Like 2