On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

The one today looks the same as last weeks -- unless ...  today's is a bit more ... sparkly? Also looks like its hooves are more purple, less pink ...? 

it would make sense to have eight total to match the possible colors of horses and thus possible colors of hell horse corpses (currently the only way to tell a hellhorse base color)

Last week might actually be Bloodbay due to the lighter colored feet, maybe the sparkly one today is pinto/piebald (sparkles=spots), and they are saving ultimate best-for-last, ebony jetspeed next week?

But what can possibly top hot pink hooves and sparkles????

ooooh -- maybe a "rare shimmery glow" for the ebony ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mordraug said:

From my WO and WU experience, Wurm engine either can't handle a map the size of Xanadu properly or that server needs several SSD drives on RAID, a couple more cores, and way more RAM.... wasn't able to test THAT solution much since I don't plan to build a server just for that, but a smaller version of that upgrade on my PC made my 16x16 run sweetly and allowed me to boost the mob count like crazy.

(As in upgraded to SSD and added 8giga ram)

Would that cause there to be no water based mobs at all though? I moved to Xanadu over a year and a half, maybe 2 years ago, and I haven't seen any sea life down here in the south at all. Ever. Not a one. I used to sail around back and forth all along the south coast. Nada. They added in fancy dolphins, whales(Still never even seen these in-game), octopi (The mob version), sharks, etc...and I have only ever seen them by visiting/going to another server.

4 hours ago, Corsan said:

Would that cause there to be no water based mobs at all though? I moved to Xanadu over a year and a half, maybe 2 years ago, and I haven't seen any sea life down here in the south at all. Ever. Not a one. I used to sail around back and forth all along the south coast. Nada. They added in fancy dolphins, whales(Still never even seen these in-game), octopi (The mob version), sharks, etc...and I have only ever seen them by visiting/going to another server.

I've seen a very small handful of sea creatures in southern Xanadu over my entire time playing. I have no idea why they're so rare, but they do exist... technically.

What else was patched and not released to the Customer base?

1. You guys changed the kingdom of Hots so they are limited to Lib only. (wasn't on patch notes)

2. ??? ( makes me wonder what else was changed )

3. ???

Could we please start getting complete patch notes? Is that too much to ask for you guys to be honest with us? (even if we do not agree with changes)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bramson said:

Could we please start getting complete patch notes? Is that too much to ask for you guys to be honest with us? (even if we do not agree with changes)

I asked for this once and basically got told I'm crazy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bramson said:

What else was patched and not released to the Customer base?

1. You guys changed the kingdom of Hots so they are limited to Lib only. (wasn't on patch notes)

2. ??? ( makes me wonder what else was changed )

3. ???

Hots has only ever been lib, this isnt new

Still waiting for actually changes and patches, not cosmetic ones. No offensive Saroman you are doing great job, still waiting for robes to have models but overall good job. We are 3 months into 2017 and we havent really had a major update at all, like 1 or 2 QoL changes only.

27 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Even if it was a bug that was ninja fixed as you claimed in an earlier post, please don't LIE or beat around the point something was "changed". 

Can you honestly tell me right now, that all [changes/fixes/alteration of code that made some change in world] was released in the patch note? If not, can we just move forward with patch notes being more real/honest?

Exploits are silently patched, and changes along with future updates often come through as well as they go.

What I can say is that barring error, all non exploit and future mechanics changes and alterations go in as patch notes.

They are real and honest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

hots players had been able to convert to playergod faiths ever since they came out, and on occasions where players had trouble converting, they would file support tickets and gms would convert them to playergod faiths

obviously you have never played on a pvp server ever since playergods were added, or even read the game's own changelogs that you yourself posted

https://www.wurmonline.com/2016/06/30/patch-notes-30-june-2016/

June 30, 2016 by Retrograde

Bugfix: Converting to HOTS only sets you to Libila and faith to 1 if you are coming from Fo, Magranon or Vynora.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 3:00 AM, Alexgopen said:

hots players had been able to convert to playergod faiths ever since they came out, and on occasions where players had trouble converting, they would file support tickets and gms would convert them to playergod faiths

obviously you have never played on a pvp server ever since playergods were added, or even read the game's own changelogs that you yourself posted

https://www.wurmonline.com/2016/06/30/patch-notes-30-june-2016/

June 30, 2016 by Retrograde

Bugfix: Converting to HOTS only sets you to Libila and faith to 1 if you are coming from Fo, Magranon or Vynora.

Dude, you KNOW we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Why not allow hellhorses to stay hitched past aged but link the ability to drive the cart to the driver's skills?  Same as captaining ships, you can't captain bigger ships without the required skills.  The horses can be hitched but the cart can't be driven so will effectively be useless unless the driver has the skills, which will not only encourage people to get the required skills if they want to have a hellhorse cart, but also stop the worry about these valuable horses going missing via unhitching.

Which means, one hellie has a certain skill, two (on a cart or wagon) has higher (say ten more on bc), three has higher, four has higher (so you can't just have four hellhorses on a wagon without the required skill).  This can be adapted to the ql of the bridles and wagons and carts too, higher ql gear and vehicles mean slightly lower skill needed.  

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

Why not allow hellhorses to stay hitched past aged but link the ability to drive the cart to the driver's skills?  Same as captaining ships, you can't captain bigger ships without the required skills.  The horses can be hitched but the cart can't be driven so will effectively be useless unless the driver has the skills, which will not only encourage people to get the required skills if they want to have a hellhorse cart, but also stop the worry about these valuable horses going missing via unhitching.

Which means, one hellie has a certain skill, two (on a cart or wagon) has higher (say ten more on bc), three has higher, four has higher (so you can't just have four hellhorses on a wagon without the required skill).  This can be adapted to the ql of the bridles and wagons and carts too, higher ql gear and vehicles mean slightly lower skill needed.  

I love this. I might change it slightly to allow you to embark but prevent you from moving. Otherwise you could accidently hitch a hell horse and then be unable to command it forever.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2017 at 3:58 PM, Retrograde said:

1.3 in WU and sale

Wurm Unlimited has been abuzz this week with 1.3 finally landing, it's taken a while but WU is now filled with al lthe awesome content we've had for a few months.

Is there any news on getting Unlimited supported on macOS?