Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Let traitor animals stay traitors

I know that animals staying traitors was supposed to be bug, and clearly that's been fixed, but I miss them staying traitors. I really wanted to get a traitor collection like I had on Chaos. Please could we put it back so that if they're not killed after the mission they stay traitors? That will give traitors a dual purpose again - being killed or being collected. I know wanting to kill them is more common, but I also know I'm not the only breeder who wants to collect them, and they're useless for karma purposes once the mission is over, they may as well stay traitors.

17 minutes ago, Attenia said:

I know that animals staying traitors was supposed to be bug, and clearly that's been fixed, but I miss them staying traitors. I really wanted to get a traitor collection like I had on Chaos. Please could we put it back so that if they're not killed after the mission they stay traitors? That will give traitors a dual purpose again - being killed or being collected. I know wanting to kill them is more common, but I also know I'm not the only breeder who wants to collect them, and they're useless for karma purposes once the mission is over, they may as well stay traitors.

I actually have the opposite opinion; I don't like when my animals say 'traitor' forever. Hmm.

A possible compromise would be to have animals stay traitors, but don't let on deed animals become traitors in the first place. Then you wouldn't have to worry about one of your animals becoming a traitor and being stuck like that forever, but if I want a traitor collection I can go and search out wild traitors and bring them back to my deed.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to -1 this.

When it comes to completing a mission that involves a traitor creature, I'd rather not have a load of them running around all over the place. I understand that you wish to collect them, but I can't imagine a lot of people bothering to do that, leaving the landscape littered with them.

• Like 1

That does make sense, except it doesn't take into account the fact that animals in the wild don't last long in Wurm. You're correct in saying not many people like to collect animals. Most are much more interested in killing all animals for meat, skills, etc. In the past, traitors did keep their traitor tags, apparently because of a bug, but I've never heard any reports of servers being overrun by traitors, probably because like any animals, most people kill them on sight. I've run around servers myself looking for champions, finding champions to be much more common than wild traitors. If this change is implemented, I'd count on having to move fast to get a traitor before someone killed it even after the mission was over.

Another possibility is to let traitors keep their traitor tags only if they've been branded - that would mean that any in the wild would lose their tags, but those few of us who want to have traitor collections could still have them.

Edited by Attenia

Hell no, big -1 from me.  Finding the right traitor is hard enough without having to contend with useless left-over traitors from previous uncompleted missions.  Or the traitor traitors.  If this bug has really been fixed, then good riddance and may it never darken our virtual doorsteps again.

• Like 2