Sign in to follow this  
Yiraia

Compass alignment

When I go on journeys, which is rare now but frequent a while ago, I have one pet peeve. I can't do my homework while I move on a straight rode because I can't align myself perfectly with the rode. I always have to tilt a lil side to side and split my attention from my assignments. It would be nice if we could right click a compass and choose "Face [direction]". that way, when you have a very long road or bridge heading east, you can right click your compass with any activated item and choose "Face east" and then just press the key you have to auto run forward. Without it, as I stated before, you end up side tracking off the road, and get lost. Yes I've tried "Going back" but when there are several roads and there is nothing to distinguish the difference, I get lost.

+1 for being able to move in N E S W and walking straight. Do the dev think we are blind and thus cannot walk straight?

I'd be fine with this as long as the compass is showing your heading. It could be abused if you have a really low ql compass. Run, stop, right-click & "Face North", take off running again instead of having to wait for your compass to stop it's virtual spin.

Either that or if you right-click & "Face x direction" while it's still spinning, it randomly points you in a direction. Either one of the 4 cardinal directions or just a random direction. Randomly getting pointed in one of the 4 cardinal directions could be fun 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zethreal said:

I'd be fine with this as long as the compass is showing your heading. It could be abused if you have a really low ql compass. Run, stop, right-click & "Face North", take off running again instead of having to wait for your compass to stop it's virtual spin.

Either that or if you right-click & "Face x direction" while it's still spinning, it randomly points you in a direction. Either one of the 4 cardinal directions or just a random direction. Randomly getting pointed in one of the 4 cardinal directions could be fun 

the action to align yourself could take the amount of time required for the compass to settle

Well I do not think we need an actual command or menu to face that direction - if you could actually move in true directions. Like if you try to move true west, it will never let you, you always path alittle north or south off the tile. Just fix it so you can actually move in true directions and this fixes the whole issue.