Nadroj

Magranon's Rest - Recording my descent into madness.

10 hours ago, Xalorum said:

did you... dye an MR tower... blue???

I just slap random colour runes on them and see what i get xD

• Like 3

Still working away at the place forever here. Been working on the south exit tunnel and continuing making a highway all around the mountain, the east side of the mountain has always been a real pain to travel around but no more! 

From the top end of the bridge down to Moonlit Euphoria

Spoiler

Bn3p3h9.jpg

Path follows around past the east exit to my tunnel

Spoiler

em2GyeJ.jpg

Eastward road down from the tunnel exit, leads nicely to the new bridge i put up 

Spoiler

x3h9SPz.jpg

The bridge over to rockcliff lighthouse 

Spoiler

4YvPVK5.jpg

Spoiler

oHeWyzV.jpg

Path continues round to where i have the south tunnel exit at.

Spoiler

yWlEKoh.jpg

South end of the tunnel, it's still got osme work to go. Needs paving, cladding and lamps.

Spoiler

uBjWEj8.jpg

Continuing on SW, then turning south.

Spoiler

7kbMzOu.jpg

Spoiler

TUFFVc2.jpg

Finishes up neatly onto existing highways.

Spoiler

8m6iFcE.jpg

Some nice views along the way

Spoiler

kYBCXqG.jpg

Spoiler

eTN2RQ6.jpg

How it looks coming up from the South

Spoiler

UiEQ8Wn.jpg

Drawn up a map of the edits i've made, probably going to sort a tunnel out from the south end of my new tunnel down to water level, maybe bring this road west along the south edge of the mountain too. But for now is done :)

Spoiler

mJr9ZyC.png

I'll update once the tunnel is all shinied up and then i think it's time i get to surface mining that second platform layer....gonna be a big job! Any high channeling Mag's out there wanna hook a guy up with some stonestrike? xD

• Like 3

Tunnel complete :D Took a lotta marble, mortar and brass but it's gloriously cladded, paved and lit now. As is the side path up to the peak ^_^

Spoiler

qxfWvZ5.jpg

Spoiler

nK0ArJi.jpg

Spoiler

40fk0ae.jpg

• Like 2

oh. my. gods. YES. 

This is amazing work! Very impressive, super awesome. 

I want to be you when I grow up. 

This is completely amazing.  Can't wait to sail over and see it. 

• Like 1

Got directed to your deed today by a friendly local and I just had to come say I was blown away

I went through being speechless to being in awe, to feeling totally inadequate to being completely inspired :P 

An absolute masterpiece - well done!

• Like 4

Hi friends! It's been a long while since i had any update to give you. Didn't play wurm much for a while and then when i was i've just not worked on my deed. Which is obviously a tragedy so lets get back to it!

I spent....a little while getting my AH up to 95 after the new update so the peak is a lil....sheepy:

Spoiler

941SJyf.jpg

Spoiler

kiFlVLB.jpg

Spoiler

nRt4ZFz.jpg

So with that grind done its back to work time! (in future i've got a pretty neat idea for a tower on that peak deed so the sheep pens will really have to go o.o)

Today i finished this up, new genetics lab for my aggressive animal breeding, got halfway through building it before finding out theres a bug where animals won't eat in caves at the moment so i guess testing 95AH on mega pets will have to wait a lil as i have zeeeeeeeeero room for them outside heh.

Spoiler

pxb6B9M.jpg

Next up is a couple other building projects, finishing the warehouse then a lovely open spot where i think its time i put up a giant cave farm building :P Yes the warehouse i built like 4 years ago and never did the top two floors of ....oops

Spoiler

KReoaLP.png

Spoiler

K886VJE.jpg

Finally after the building works are done i'll be back on the big one. The mountain surface mining, it's going to take months of work but i'll get there eventually!

Spoiler

c0HuE6W.jpg

Spoiler

PiWYIH9.jpg

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Watch the bug, you cannot have a farm planter above another one.  Breaks them both.  Even 1 above ground and 1 below it doesn't work.  Did a nice 3 story underground one  a few months ago and found out about it.

11 minutes ago, Spacy said:

Watch the bug, you cannot have a farm planter above another one.  Breaks them both.  Even 1 above ground and 1 below it doesn't work.  Did a nice 3 story underground one  a few months ago and found out about it.

Wait....this bug didn't exist before o.O we had a multi level cave farm on chaos that worked just fine...how did this get broken!? Lol.

No idea when it came about.  2-3 months ago, was told about it after the fact.

23 hours ago, Spacy said:

No idea when it came about.  2-3 months ago, was told about it after the fact.

Buh. Well that sucks. 

I'm still gonna build it because i'm dumb, but thanks for the heads up.

I accidentally had another several months long hiatus but today it was BACK TO WORK TIME. DIE MOUNTAIN DIE.

Spoiler

Eu6BPrS.png

Also the warehouse did finally get finished off...only took a few years....

Spoiler

8Wh3QwO.jpg

Might need to decorate and use the space a bit more though lol 

Spoiler

0WDQW1t.png

Anyways more updates to come if my sanity holds out while i surface mine all that rock about another 500 slope or so. Lets be honest my update schedule on this project hasn't been the most reliable for a while now but hey....i'm gonna try!

• Like 4

Progress continues. Half my own efforts and half Jakerivers going ham on the mountain while i've been off playing Elden Ring, so full credit to him it's coming along a lot faster than it would have otherwise.

Facing West

Spoiler

UOQVOnL.jpg

Facing East

Spoiler

yCxrFpF.jpg

From Below

Spoiler

B8gPaVd.jpg

The mountain must be tamed!

• Like 2

can smell the rock from here

UOQVOnL.jpg

Edited by Finnn

34 minutes ago, KellyTxX said:

the skills you must of gotten

Tbh this whole project is so bad for skillgain xD I stopped grinding skills pretty much right when i started working on this place. Occasionally i'll burn my sb on weapon skilling hunts and thats about it.

• Like 1

Progress is slow and...difficult to provide fun screenshots of because it all just looks like the same rock. But it is happening!

Local authorities came by to check everything was up to code.

Spoiler

i5evEk5.jpg

I work day and night to defeat the mountain 

Spoiler

KKz8J5i.jpg

I enslave my friends to help

Spoiler

BCIXUKx.jpg

Jake made us a lovely ramp

Spoiler

bIJ3ec8.jpg

PROGRESS!

This is pure pain....weeks upon weeks of chinking away at a mountain. What i wouldn't give for a levelling or flattening to work on rock surface.... Why did i do this to myself why!?

Lil sneak peak at the WIP plan for the eventual castle that's going up there:
(before planning out the internal walls we're already looking at about 50k marble bricks lol)

Spoiler

YICGQ7m.png

• Like 3

This thread is the perfect example of why this game is so great!

I've shown this to a lot of non-players to convert them to the game, saying..

"Look what you can do in this game, you probably(most definitely) will never do this... but its possible!"

• Like 1

I know how you all love very slightly different looking images of the exact same giant area of surface rock so i've got you a treat. Progress pics!

it's really starting to feel like we're getting close with this one, god i need to finish my castle plan....ANYWHO LOOKY:

The tippy top in the SW corner.

Spoiler

H26BsZD.jpg

From the opposite direction

Spoiler

sXMTeOK.jpg

Lil bit down bottom that's actually usable land now! GREAT TRACTS OF LAND!

Spoiler

jV1yeZG.jpg

Also bonus prize. Many who have visited before will be aware that years ago i cooked up every affinity in the game in a stack of 138 casseroles and left them out for people to nibble at. Since then they've been heavily reduced and i've improved the recipe so i redid the lot! 

Yes it was painful.

So if you swing by just wander up to this humble spot...

Spoiler

ba1mMZP.png

and take a peek in the hota statue. Have a snack on me.

Spoiler

Y6NzPeS.png

Yes i realise i could have named them with the numbers first so everyone else has an easier time organising which ones they want to eat, i chose the selfish option sue me ;)

Hopefully next update will be when this area is aaaaaaaaaaaaall flat. Until next time o/

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen, i am proud to finally present to you all

G R E A T
T R A C T S

O F 
L A N D

Spoiler

z9yJeLb.jpg

Spoiler

egTyu2V.jpg

It's finally over! It's done! The mountain is tamed! :D

Cannot possibly express enough how much of the credit for this project goes to @JakeRiversWho toiled away during multiple periods of my playtime wavering due to RL and losing my mind over constant wurm client crashes. It'd be halfway complete right now without him.

Next up is dirting it over, finishing my deedplanner design for the castle thats going up here and then.....boy oh boy i'm probably gonna need about 60/70,000 marble bricks and mortar.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 5

Slowly slowly (oh good lord so slowly) i'm getting the materials for the full build together. Decided recently to get started on plotting stuff out at least.

Spoiler

0sr8ocm.jpg

Spoiler

PH78RKm.jpg

An avatar of Fo even stopped by to inspect the building site.

Spoiler

SmQlrye.jpg

Maybe this time it won't be several months before i make any progress again. What happens next will shock you!

• Like 5