Nadroj

Magranon's Rest - Recording my descent into madness.

Friends i am back! Tentatively started playing Wurm again a few weeks back and now getting back into working on my deed. It's been about 7-8 months of me only really logging in every couple weeks due to some....fairly cataclysmic RL issues. Anyways MORE TERRAFORMING!

Removed the old manor on the east side so i can bring up the secondary platform same as it is on the west end. 

Spoiler

j7grpaw.jpg

and from up top

Spoiler

Q42zCIa.jpg

Decided to keep going a bit and make a path along the side of the mountain which i'll link up to local highways soon :)

Spoiler

vy1JzqM.jpg

The tunnel to the top of the mountain is as good as finished but it's honestly not worth taking pictures of because it's just more dark reinforced ramps xD

Here's an end of year deedplanner view :)

Spoiler

E0fkxJy.png?1

• Like 4

Guess I better get my shovel sharpened for all the dirt you will need.

I also noticed that you filled every fountain in your deed with "Nadroj's Tears" such a unique little quirk that made my quick visit for water very enjoyable!

• Like 1

Nadroj's tears made their way to the ocean... Salty water never tasted so good :P

Progress on the new paths is coming along nicely. Agreed on a mighty 3 tile wide bridge highway to hook up with my allies over at Moonlit Euphoria. The dirt track i think i'll keep taking round the mountain....maybe do a dirt ramp up to the peak if possible too.

Spoiler

AAyK7eQ.jpg

Spoiler

p8iwvCF.jpg

Spoiler

b70SSS9.jpg

• Like 1

Finished up the new highway out to the east :)

Spoiler

oEPcAXp.jpg

Spoiler

rab2btJ.jpg

Spoiler

Ty28Ul9.jpg

045JlfH.png

Onwards to the next project!

6 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Finished up the new highway out to the east :)

Reveal hidden contents

oEPcAXp.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

rab2btJ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Ty28Ul9.jpg

045JlfH.png

Onwards to the next project!

You do know, i have so far built 0 bridges and you keep pulling your projects semi afk/not almost playing... DUDE! ohh and nice job as usual, very proud of you etc etc... 

I need to come visit again someday. See if my old home still stands. Looking great Nad!

I came to check this post for Nostalgia's sake. :)

7 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I need to come visit again someday. See if my old home still stands. Looking great Nad!

I came to check this post for Nostalgia's sake. :)

As if i'd ever knock down the slave quarters!

my God i haven't updated since February...i need to get re-addicted to wurm and defeat this insane mountain.....

i originally planned to show screenshots when i finished cutting my way through it but muh pickaxe is a nub and it's still this.

Spoiler

8ZFcI24.jpg

Spoiler

WqtEbYK.jpg

Spoiler

GI50Tai.jpg

Basically the previous road and bridges i made out to the East are going straight up the mountain and over the peak :P

Edited by Nadroj

Just passing through and its nice to see somethings never change.

This is totallynadroj and much approve.

Looking at that first post date though.... surely the descent was years earlier!

3 hours ago, Gaeron said:

Just passing through and its nice to see somethings never change.

This is totallynadroj and much approve.

Looking at that first post date though.... surely the descent was years earlier!

I like to think that i only started going crazy after i began this project....let me lie to myself please.

• Like 1

Been a while, but work has resumed!

Spoiler

hkCSgau.jpg

Spoiler

XAYS4fy.jpg

Spoiler

92xQM22.jpg

This mountain must be defeated.

• Like 2

Boom, done!

Spoiler

ALTtFJV.jpg

Spoiler

mkPkGln.jpg

Top view:

Spoiler

y9qWDi8.jpg

Connects up to Magranon's Peak and in turn, the tunnel back down to my main deed caverns

Spoiler

lhcpmsw.jpg

Next up! First catseyes and then ramping back down the west side so the road clears the whole mountain ^__^

I need to come around and have another look at this deed in person! Recommend everyone does as well. Screenshots are amazing but seeing it in person is something else.

This deed makes me sick. Too much work. Everything in the area is  amazing. 

• Like 1

disappointed, thought you were gonna surface mine this down to sea level 3/10

I got a bit distracted from the mountain top highway by my deep need to put 90QL steel doors on every possible entrance now i'm allowed to. Looks neat though :)

Spoiler

niKDhmn.jpg

Nadroj, can you please share coordinates of Magranon's Rest? Is it still open for visitors?

23 hours ago, Ayunata said:

Nadroj, can you please share coordinates of Magranon's Rest? Is it still open for visitors?

Sure is, you should see a map in my OP to it but on the ingame map its at the bottom of H21 / top of I21. Basically just head for the south end of the NE exo desert and you really, really, i cannot stress this enough, cannot miss the place. :P

I find a lot less time for wurm nowadays so you might not catch me there but most places on deed are accessible to the public so feel free to wander about. 

Edited by Nadroj

Nothing like a global pandemic to get me back to work on Wurm stuff! Now i know you've all been excitedly awaiting more evidence that i am boring and mentally unstable so heres the completed "i made a road over the peak that noone will ever use" project. As some will remember, i had previously sliced the mountain in half to make a giant ramp road up from the east end, with a highway linking down to the coast. I've now taken the road out to the west side as well.

Come with me and behold the wonders of....basic roadmaking.

Spoiler

kCtSPYT.png

Little path around the edge of the deed, nice views

Spoiler

DpUDDKO.png

Out West, the rocky mess to the left is where the old single tile rickety path up the mountain used to be.

Spoiler

JryBBdm.png

And the long smooth ramp back North, links neatly onto my west exit highway :)

Spoiler

KIw2TsY.png

Spoiler

LOEjcLY.png

Basically i did this. Red dot representing the Magranon's Peak deed, i'll have to get it added to the community map :)

Djvzfs2.png