Nadroj

Magranon's Rest - Recording my descent into madness.

Holy ...

Wow, this is just... I can't even...

I'll just come by in a few days.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, Nadroj said:

plus its a crazy amount of effort

Was any part of this project not an insane amount of effort! I wouldn't have thought that would put you off! hah.

45 minutes ago, Enuf said:

Was any part of this project not an insane amount of effort! I wouldn't have thought that would put you off! hah.

It just got the idea bumped for the time being, cutting the mountain in half feels more awesome.

• Like 1

how about a boat canal all the way to the borders :-D

17 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

how about a boat canal all the way to the borders :-D

@JakeRiversand i have talked at length about more canals....All in due time ;)

• Like 1

Spent some time today figuring out the actual plan, so here it is in all it's silly glory.

Spoiler

gmKVrQ8.jpg?1

So to sum up.

Cutting the mountain down into a new platform above the mine.

Rebuilding K Manor and shifting it onto the main platform.

Building some new guest houses.

Setting up some enchanted grass parking pens.

Moving the clay/tar pits and adding a peat one.

Easy stuffs :P

Anyone wants to poke around with the deed plan of Magranon's Rest the pastebin is here - https://pastebin.com/BZFsdtKX

The actual current look is this - https://pastebin.com/m0Z8kEW9

Sadly can't really include the mines but its still neat ^_^

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

and it took me 2 weeks to pave 4 tiles in my workshop :D

good effort =p

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

good effort =p

Well tbf i did also plant 6 tatch and get the 10 inner walls done also in that timeperiod :D But it was big effort from my side!

• Like 1

Been working on and off on this for some time, linked a tunnel up to my neighbouring deed The Nomads.

Spoiler

P6oQMUR.jpg

Just a nice neat 64 tile paved tunnel to go with all my other ones :P Gonna have to do more tunnels like these so i can get around without ever leaving the caves more often :D

Now back to finishing up the platform buildings methinks.

• Like 4

Having started working on adding houses to the platform i decided that it was maybe possibly about time i considered moving myself out of the token house. So today, exactly 500 days (16.5 months) after I planted Magranon's Rest i finally moved myself into an actual permanent home on the deed xD

Redid the token house as a gateway, might need some decorations in there now.

Spoiler

UFH2zxC.jpg

The first of the houses going up on the platform, claimed for myself. Being outside the mine may take getting used to o.o
The fenced area in front is just the clay pit leading onto the wagon parking pens. I really think having all the houses arched hanging over the path will look good when i have them all done.

Spoiler

tvtiSZV.jpg

Need to build the next house to finish the garden, but you get the idea :P

Spoiler

ayWEsYF.jpg

My humble workshop

Spoiler

XwQuahL.jpg

Kitchen, needs some dining furnishings methinks

Spoiler

MTXF5lX.jpg

And bedroom, also in need of some furnishings. I rarely decorate things and i really should, old pvp mindset combined with constantly having work to do on the deed i guess.

Spoiler

hGH3jhZ.jpg

Not a great home for vertigo sufferers

Spoiler

2FtswjC.jpg

Going to be putting up at least 5 more houses in the same style, maybe different brick types or alternating slate/marble. So more room for guests to take up residence or god forbid I actually ever have villagers o.O

• Like 2

Just now, Xalorum said:

please recreate the Sneaky Peaky hotel!

Not a bad idea, but tbf the barracls we have in the mine serves that purpose pretty well. just doesn't have seperate rooms for everyone.

• Like 2

Finished up the platform housing today, why do i keep adding houses to a deed where noone lives? Who knows!?

Spoiler

OKXPOqS.jpg

Spoiler

YeeW6Ba.jpg

3 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Finished up the platform housing today, why do i keep adding houses to a deed where noone lives? Who knows!?

does your first citizen have his own house yet? or does the poor bear still live in a tiny pen next to all the smelly horses?

6 hours ago, Arium said:

does your first citizen have his own house yet? or does the poor bear still live in a tiny pen next to all the smelly horses?

I am not giving a bear a whole house Arium. That's ridiculous....I'll give him and his wife a house.

I have followed this a lot, I don't think those houses are "Grand" enough on top of the wall like that. It's kinda weird. Maybe as work goes on it will look better but atm it doesn't seem to fit the wall

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I have followed this a lot, I don't think those houses are "Grand" enough on top of the wall like that. It's kinda weird. Maybe as work goes on it will look better but atm it doesn't seem to fit the wall

Plan is to have the "grand" building plan be on the next platform up in the rock area but i see your point, lotta stuff left to do with the place.

Part of me has been thinking i shoulda not done a path around the outer edge and had a giant building there....but it just felt too "chaos longhousey"

In all honesty i'm pretty bad with the whole "design" aspect. Building huge mines and platforms is one thing but I might have to employ someone else to help me come up with a cool design for the layout on the upper platform...or even redesign the existing one as it's not got much on it yet.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

After like a year and a half i have finally bothered to make a tunnel up to the peak, not much to show in screenshots as well....it's just another dark tunnel. Nice view up top though :D

Spoiler

6UzAlVp.jpg

Spoiler

VSzwfl0.jpg

Might plonk a little deed and touch up the area into a neat little peak fort :P

• Like 2

On 4/5/2018 at 3:01 AM, Nadroj said:

I am not giving a bear a whole house Arium. That's ridiculous....I'll give him and his wife a house.

When they have a baby let me know, I’m hungry for porridge.

Ahh Sneaky Peaky, I miss that place as much as I miss PRX, HoM and Kratos. I remember leveling up the farm at the top of Sneaky Peaky and planting the whole area. I had bigger plans for it too. I was gonna deed the top of that mountain and develope the whole area lol. I was already fixing the road up there. oh well I've been busy working on San Fazenda on Deli. Just started digging another 12k dirt. Before I am done I will have dug about 180k dirt. Not nearly as much as Nad but still a lot. Just about done with leveling up my Docks and then I get to build lol. Anywho....Nadroj did for get a name on his list, I spent a week out there in the desert turning sand into dirt then digging it up and then turning it back into sand again. Good times. Nice work on the deed tho Nad. I'll be over in the next week or two for more marble so I'll come take a look. 

• Like 1

i'd call u crazy, but that'd be hypocritical of me because I just sat here and read everything and looked at every picture. I say you hired pingpong for the mining and dadd for the digging. -_-

p.s. I can't even build a 300 slope wall without giving up.

19 hours ago, deadwild299 said:

i'd call u crazy, but that'd be hypocritical of me because I just sat here and read everything and looked at every picture. I say you hired pingpong for the mining and dadd for the digging. -_-

p.s. I can't even build a 300 slope wall without giving up.

Haha well if i had hired anyone they'd be in the list on the OP i promise ya :P

Been a lot going on in my life for the last month or so, not been on wurm much and when i have been i've just been levelling mines/making more tunnels so not much in the way of decent images to take i'm afraid. Gotta get back to work soon! I hope...

• Like 1