Nadroj

Magranon's Rest - Recording my descent into madness.

The great exodus dirt dump continues day by day, i slowly slowly fill the lolpit. Meanwhile this was achieved! The main cavern is officially completely levelled! Mine work will now be focused on making a boat cave down bottom and a nice elevator on this east side of the cave.

Spoiler

HsLlsrn.jpg

Edit - Side note I missed my opportunity to post last week that November 11th had passed as the 1 year anniversary of Magranon's rest.

Lets see how it looks then compared to now with a couple pics!

Deedplanner day 1

Spoiler

s6rqzuU.png?1

Screenshot Day 1

Spoiler

NVAluJp.jpg

Deedplanner 1 Year mark - apparently not a fan of my paving o.O

Spoiler

uIqZMWG.png?1

Screenshot 1 Year mark

Spoiler

cZ3kI2J.jpg

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

More than 1 year and you are still not finished? Too much TV shows!!!!

Honestly that is real mad what you achieved there. I'm not a fan of dirtwalls on Freedom myself but that is my taste - still it is an amazing one. An amazing thing that is easily diminished by the cave inside.

I cancelled all my projects I though monumental, I realized those are rabbitholes only.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

More than 1 year and you are still not finished? Too much TV shows!!!!

Honestly that is real mad what you achieved there. I'm not a fan of dirtwalls on Freedom myself but that is my taste - still it is an amazing one. An amazing thing that is easily diminished by the cave inside.

I cancelled all my projects I though monumental, I realized those are rabbitholes only.

Yeah I just can't shake the Chaos in me, but at least the plan is not to have it be a "wall" but rather a platform....just as soon as i find a billion more dirt xD Then i can decorate it to be more freedom and less chaos :P

• Like 1

I didn't understand how to function in the world with the cavern finished so i started a new one at the bottom....also working on the boatcave.

Spoiler

39yuic8.jpg?1

Anyone wanna donate me like a thousand support beams and every light source ever?

Also might be time to remove the halloween decorations....they're a bit smelly now.

Edited by Nadroj

Been plugging away at my new cavern so here's some progress. Now with advanced techniques used to make the mine images actually visible (i actually bothered to edit them instead of being a lazy ass like usual).

What used to be a wall running alongside the main ramp is now a worksite

Spoiler

LVoEi4k.jpg?1

One section is fully flattened through to the 750 slope drop from the upper cavern and what's that at the end?

Spoiler

ddacLIg.jpg?1

Say hello to the Magranon's Rest instant botevator! 

Spoiler

pHjv9lB.jpg?3

Simply hop in passenger and enter the dimensional void between worlds.

Spoiler

bQ0UpjL.jpg?1

Then hop out to appear at the top :D

Spoiler

gIshdq2.jpg?1

As a side note because i'm proud of it. I simply couldn't handle having two green knarr's so I did this to the older one :P

Spoiler

O3BDanb.jpg

Spoiler

bApWDRb.jpg

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2

Continuing my latest cave expansions

Preparing the boatmine on the west side of the main entrance

Spoiler

sqegz4D.jpg?1

Some minor edits to the main entrance, added a lot of these brass lamps around the deed.

Spoiler

HBh5LBJ.jpg?1

Paved and lit the path to the botevator

Spoiler

xw1qNjW.jpg?1

New lighting and removed the old walls along the ramp

Spoiler

bLf1QqX.jpg?1

More edited ramp with walls taken out, to the left the new lower eastern cavern and to the right the lower western which will become the boat cave

Spoiler

KnPev3d.jpg?1

The lower eastern cavern underway

Spoiler

zxDPXkf.jpg?1

Been hard at work on this, many hours of levelling but in a few days i should also have my magranon colossi done up top ^_^

Finally Magranon is properly represented!

Spoiler

en61qZB.jpg?2

Spoiler

PLIj5L5.jpg

Spoiler

855VQ4d.jpg

• Like 2

Quickie extra because i got a lot done today :)

Boatmine is taking shape - quality a little potato because of editing required to brighten it up a bit :P

Spoiler

QEUfyLR.jpg?1

Spoiler

uvApm5q.jpg?1

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Damn dude that deed is taking shape!

Looks awesome

• Like 1

The boat mine progresses further. Many rocks have died. Apologies again for potato quality caused by me brightening the images because cave lighting is mean.

Spoiler

dfWPvc3.jpg?1

Spoiler

XJ3JVPY.jpg?1

Boatmine is almost done! Just need about 500 support beams, some braziers/lamps and maybe a dock building. Mining work is done though...unless you count about 20,000 units of iron and sandstone i gotta mine outta the way >.<

Spoiler

TKlE4wD.jpg?1

Spoiler

3QZHJ9e.jpg?1

• Like 1

So in a fit of "me being me" I got slightly distracted by my own random ideas. I prepped 1200 ribbons for 2 crates of support beams to get the boatmine done. Then i figure right it's time to get the logs and out i go down the ramp, over bridges over yonder westward through nomads and to the forest to get 1200 logs, which naturally takes ages. By the time i got back to deed I had decided i was angry with the fact i have to actually spend minutes going up and down the ramp to get wood sooooooooooooooo... this happened.

Spoiler

76FWWfP.jpg

Halfway done, only took days of work to save a few minutes each of the rare occasions i need to get wood...totally worth the time o.o

• Like 1

Personally I prefer to keep the land as natural looking as possible, but I can't help but admire the effort and determination put into this. Amazing work!

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 1

This is amazing, I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread!

My favorite i've ever seen.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2018 at 11:26 PM, Xalorum said:

Only one bridge? Pffttt....

So far.

• Like 1

Been slacking a lot the last week or so, been busy irl and also slightly distracted by the fact i purchased a switch and bought BOTW and Mario Odyssey...

ANYWAY. Some progress has been made and big thanks go to @armyskinfor donating about something like 40 crates of dirt and bringing the west side of the main platform this close to completion. In the background also a new building housing a trader, and the start of my new horse breeding pens so i can finally do away with the year old temporary pens i've been using on the east side :)

Spoiler

7hkrfbc.jpg

Spoiler

CCQYKzQ.jpg

Also now featuring public wagoner Rojex Delivery. Anyone local who wants to use him there's a wagoner crate rack down by the bridge at the main entrance.

Spoiler

BxTN4nP.jpg

Going to get back onto finishing support beams for the boatmine and completing the west exit bridge now :)

Edited by Nadroj

should have a waystone next to the pit to save time transporting armys crates to the top =p

Just now, JakeRivers said:

should have a waystone next to the pit to save time transporting armys crates to the top =p

The waystone is like 15 tiles away from the token in the mine....i hardly have to go far xD

9 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

but less effort =p

What part of my deedwork screams "this guy avoids effort" to you? 

Just now, JakeRivers said:

that unfinished bridge

=p

Look Zelda BOTW is a really good game ok?

• Like 2

Big milestones this week! Thanks to Armyskin's donations as well as a wagon load from @Kruszyni have completed the west side of the platform, think i'll turn this side mostly into farmland as it's next to the horse pens it kinda fits. 

Spoiler

5w6vjqV.jpg

While local friends have been kindly donating dirt i've been finishing up the boatmine project, which as of this moment is finished excepting one sandstone vein to be mined out and the dockhouse building needing to be put up.

From the main gate (draw distance maxes at 15 tiles atm so unfortunately you get a black wall at the end)

Spoiler

fXaJANE.jpg

The main waterway and boatmine entrance

Spoiler

FKjPBvj.jpg

Back towards the main deed entrance

Spoiler

UpSH80W.jpg

Time to get back up top and finish that bridge / make a farm on the finished west platform ^_^

Edit - Woops i forgot some marble cladding at the back! Fixing in progress o.o

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2