Nadroj

Magranon's Rest - Recording my descent into madness.

I moved to Exodus from Chaos last year, lived with some friends at The Old Contemptibles for a while but couldn't quite deal with the old itch to have a project to work on. So in November Magranon's Rest was born as a "bit of a project to play around with no big deal". Thankfully i took many screenshots to show how much i lied to myself in that first day.

So i found my location, spoke with the locals Mappy and Cyborg over at Centrum about giving them a new, slightly insane, neighbour and got to work:

Spoiler

azDH3on.png

Deedplanner image of the start.

Spoiler

s6rqzuU.png?1

Spoiler

NVAluJp.jpg

Spoiler

CSrW6Wl.jpg

Spoiler

KMUQyIV.jpg

I made some calculations after opening an entrance at the base of the mountain, exactly 900 slope from the top edge of the mine entrance to the height of the token. This will be important later ;)

Marked out the deed border with banners temporarily and set up my temp workshop, The Gravy House.

Spoiler

61zgEsX.jpg

I started a ramp around to use the dirt i'd dug up and then realised it would take far too long to dirt ramp up, so for the first...2 months i believe, WALL LADDER.

Spoiler

t7ZwkXB.jpg

Spoiler

bimnBCX.jpg

Here began the true first stage of madness, the decision to hollow out the entire mountain, deed is a 51x51 and by the end of these images i have a mine well over 1000 tiles. Naturally that wasn't enough for me so i also mined the ceilings up, then lowered the floors to max ceiling height. At the time of writing this, the floors are about 1/3 completed levelling down. Sorry about the lighting, mines are derpy to take pictures of.

Spoiler

2VHig9O.jpg

Spoiler

3lUxN9h.jpg

How i fuel myself, boozebed.

Spoiler

mkEAw3R.jpg

Spoiler

ROEBoJF.jpg

Here we have a rare sighting of another person stupid enough to show up and work with me, believe this was Mappy...possibly Cyborg. Yes i conscripted my neighbours.

Spoiler

uYKcNeZ.jpg

Spoiler

6FBMGM5.jpg?1

Mad attempt to deal with the lighting or i screwed up and needed ash for concrete? You decide.

Spoiler

ZVGzkQ5.jpg

Spoiler

cLSxKQx.jpg

I tried to be smart by only storing 50+QL rocks...i still ended up with about 50,000 xD

Spoiler

aZkDzDO.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment for the entryway, after this pic you must suffer through several boring and samey images of a cave ramp. Why you ask? The reason is simple, because i spent weeks making this god forsaken ramp and it is BEAUTIFUL.

MARCH 19th EDIT with unstable client dynamic lighting!

Spoiler

19RDo3q.jpg

Spoiler

3zFfY6J.jpg

Spoiler

Kt6cfSj.jpg

Spoiler

1xgBVsa.jpg

Spoiler

A7R1RZn.jpg

Spoiler

popMwiU.jpg

Spoiler

Ms8Wm46.jpg

Spoiler

mArGFy1.jpg

Spoiler

sRhRGL7.jpg

Spoiler

2SLFAPe.jpg

Spoiler

IfYThFq.jpg

Understably, I hope, at this point i wanted to give up on life and settled instead for putting the mine on hold so i could BE OUTSIDE. Starting with a platform up at the token level. Strategic lava tiles are used for destroying insolent ore veins on my ramp.

Spoiler

TdVXmJu.jpg

Spoiler

ddEWeUy.jpg

That top platform became a farm for a while, man's gotta eat.

Spoiler

W5P2uG6.jpg

Now i realised the time had come to begin the first platform of three that will eventually stack together to reach the token height.

Spoiler

SKJAvm1.jpg

Needed more dirts and ended up with the start of a moat.

Hmm...water....idea forming perhaps.

Spoiler

c27Z4Fu.jpg

Spoiler

9cx4mSj.jpg

Gonna need to fill this in...

Spoiler

lXBYIPQ.jpg

Spoiler

W3KpMbi.jpg

Wheeeeeee dumping dirt out is so much more fun than levelling!

Spoiler

lvovA04.jpg

Spoiler

vuEtU5V.jpg

Somtimes i just sorta get distracted by my own ideas. This one was...."hmm should i surface mine another platform above the token area? It ended in my planting the one and only tree at Magranon's Rest. Lovingly wild growth casted and enchanted by Shellbee.

Spoiler

0Bn8IMV.jpg

Spoiler

jbrVbnn.jpg

Then those damned horrible evil devs gave us three wide mine entrances and i HAD TO HAVE ONE. Problem was it looked utterly terrible without flattening out the tops of the entrances as well as the bottom. This whole process took 2 days because....digging the goddamn dirtwall back down, also i screwed up like 3 times.

Spoiler

86M5ubv.jpg

Spoiler

bWj6oOa.jpg

It's beautiful......

Spoiler

3DBDYe4.jpg

With the addition of the bridge and needing more dirt I went back to that water idea from earlier

Spoiler

kzqCuGN.jpg

CANAAAAALLLLLL. Reasonably certain I drove a number of my alliance insane with my canal madness. Not just dug, but also dirt casted to rock level depth. Shout out to Bonefly of Black Brigade for not murdering me for slapping a canal in front of his deed o.o

Spoiler

ZxeOWtY.jpg

Spoiler

mamSY1k.jpg

Spoiler

q9uYJxd.jpg

Spoiler

8r7AguU.jpg

Place is finally starting to come together

Spoiler

GNmGUiL.jpg

That rock layer on the West side was in the way. It had to go.

Spoiler

XeYoErC.jpg

Spoiler

ZvWV747.jpg

Deedplanner screenshot

Spoiler

TQmLPf1.png?1

That's it for now folks, about 4 months of my "small project". I will continue to chronicle it and get those platforms raised! At the time of posting this the first platform is complete and filled with dirt but it's night time and i refuse to take screenshots in that lighting so that one can wait ;)

March 9th 2017 post - Plotting out the Nomads and Centrum Canals.

Spoiler

xU0UnRs.jpg

March 10th 2017 post - Diving board!

Spoiler

uEMKNWV.jpg

Spoiler

xxMra8P.jpg

March 14th 2017 post - Canal progress allows caravel now! New bridge up across to Nomads

Spoiler

SYrKmc7.jpg

March 20th 2017 post - Spring arrived and i updated with new paving, smoothed out canal and the start of the horrors of making slate slabs for the walls.

Spoiler

ZKACbno.jpg

Spoiler

gVsYVnX.jpg

Spoiler

bIXypqF.jpg

April 14th 2017 post - 

Alright heres a little preview of the work Angelklaine has been doing in the mine while i've continued to play in the dirt.

Spoiler

PfrEeSv.jpg

New slate gatehouse out of the south end of the main cavern

Spoiler

3L7gRQH.jpg

and the new marble bricked outer wall in Stable and Unstable clients respectively

Spoiler

Q0VMuFJ.jpg

Spoiler

fXSMMMA.jpg

April 22nd 2017 Gatehouse rebuild in marble.

Spoiler

J0NjT5L.jpg

April 24th 2017 Deedplanner shot

Spoiler

n3cyL9L.png?1

April 25th 2017 Mine Update

Guest Houses are up, getting started on my underground city :D 

Spoiler

SjgjsQt.jpg

Spoiler

dT7HixT.jpg

Spoiler

DzU0FMc.jpg

Spoiler

U7CzY8R.jpg

Spoiler

JRt9fDF.jpg

May 20th 2017 Canal Update

Starts at East coast here next to Black Brigade.

Spoiler

u6bAut2.jpg

View from east entrance bridge.

Spoiler

Ium08PT.jpg

View at the BB/MR perimeter bridge

Spoiler

ireSmYC.jpg

From the main entrance of Magranon's Rest

Spoiler

KV2S7IZ.jpg

The long run up to Centrum Universi (i'm gonna be digging them a moat the whole way around while i collect dirt :P)

Spoiler

LT4053q.jpg

Centrum corner section

Spoiler

5t9eun1.jpg

And connecting onto Nomad's docks, through which there is entry to Lake Serpentine :)

Spoiler

jOHFiF6.jpg

Now i got a loooooooooooooooooot of dirt to start using and don't get me started on deciding what to do with the mine walls.....i'll probably clad it all in marble...

May 28th 2017 completed roads/canal update

Alrighty the time has come for me to get back to the dirt raising, so here's a couple pics of the new view from the wall platform with shiny new slate roads. With the East coast <-> Lake Serpentine canal done i'll be collecting dirt by building a moat for my neighbours at Centrum Universi so once i finish using this lot of dirt up i'll be completing a ring road around CU replacing the old cobble one too :)

Spoiler

RTFCcbj.jpg

Spoiler

xGUuePh.jpg

New road/bridge layout with my towers and mailbox icons added in too.

CDdYDSL.png

I think thats enough messing around with off deed stuff for a while!

May 30th 2017 Dirt all used up!

So i took all the dirt from the canal and the road works. Which was something like 160 crates of dirt.

This is a picture from the east side of the wall after i finished raising all the outer sections by levelling

Spoiler

S7VvCkI.jpg

Then after i dropped ALL that dirt into it, this is how that looks from the opposite corner

Spoiler

BQulNPZ.jpg

I think i need a little more dirt...

Looks nice from outside at least

Spoiler

qbbBmVg.jpg

June 14th 2017 - little paving update to the tunnels

I have returned and the digging continues, doubt i'll have much to post here in terms of screenshots for a while, all i'm doing is digging a wagon at a time and dumping it over the edge to fill in the 2nd platform.

I did play around with new cave paving though :D Tunnel looks like this now.

Spoiler

mG3jDaQ.jpg

Spoiler

1fTWPgi.jpg

Spoiler

nwdaTER.jpg

June 20th 2017 - Paving and cladding the cavern

I was really pleased with how my playing around with paving the mine went so i took some time out of digging the entire desert up today to start work on more paving and cladding. Looks pretty damn awesome if i do say so myself.

Spoiler

AwfGaQ4.jpg

Spoiler

pV0ZpMg.jpg

Spoiler

Is7AQTE.jpg

Spoiler

qevcElX.jpg

Spoiler

oWuHelz.jpg

Spoiler

yh06EWD.jpg

Spoiler

UyS3ao3.jpg

Spoiler

h4G9Qk1.jpg

Only problem now is how much more that bit of broken ceiling i can't fix bothers me! 

June 22nd 2017 - Did a little video of the cave and tunnel ramp.

Spoiler

Completed paving main pathways for now (until the east side of the cavern is levelled down) and decided to make a little video. Pay no heed to the random background music that came with the video software o.o.

Jberg delivered a beautiful shot as seen from GM flight

Spoiler

KruF7y6.png

July 4th 2017 - third and final platform wall being raised

I got a little bored of dumping dirt and watching it trickle into the pit so i decided to just raise the third platform outer wall and dump dirt from the top.

Looks pretty nuts so far, if you zoom in the tiny little speck a mile up next to the wagon is me xD

Gives you an idea what the final completed height will look like from the outside at least.

Spoiler

ztH9kn5.jpg

July 14th 2017 - Cave Warehouse Update

Welp i'm gonna be offline for another couple weeks, moving house big stuffs!

So here's what i worked on this week at least....sadface that the unstable client lighting got changed and now it's all dark again :(

Finally started giving myself a warehouse / place to live that isn't the token house.

Spoiler

VLiFnPQ.jpg

Spoiler

Gnm3yjz.jpg

Spoiler

yd7PpRE.jpg

Spoiler

9nJsbCU.jpg

Was hard to get a nice pic of the ground floor warehouse because for the some reason the items have about a 5 tile  draw distance so you can't see the signs, crates and bsb's. So i just took a pic of the billion rock shards xD

Spoiler

3odALNV.jpg

August 6th 2017 - My return from 3 weeks away moving house.

I'm back everyone! While I've been moving house my Fire and Sand alliance pals have been setting up something special for later events at my deed :) check it out!

The Armoury :)

Spoiler

eVUpD1Rr.jpg

The building that the first picture is taken from - Public Barracks

Spoiler

cAdcfAX.jpg

August 26th 2017 quicky screeny (only been working on little bits n bobs + collecting more dirt lately so not a lot to show off)

Getting real busy in the mine nowadays! I'm gonna have to finish levelling floors just to make room for more buildings soon :D

Spoiler

3qHjZJC.jpg

September 9th making progress on the dirt platform again

So close...

Spoiler

cyz6vW9.jpg

Of course once this outer ring is done i have....well...this to fill in.

Spoiler

3MyoMxv.jpg

September 22nd 2017 - Impalong preparation pictures

The Armoury - Crafting Hall

Spoiler

tn0xb9Z.jpg

Ground Floor Smithy

Spoiler

PPTWt9d.jpg

2nd Floor Seating, crafting and auction hall.

Spoiler

D4aJRsn.jpg

Roof Sermon Area

Spoiler

W3ShwhZ.jpg

Public Barracks - Aka the hotel

Spoiler

k2j3Prw.jpg

First Four Floors all look like this.

Spoiler

pzw7O7d.jpg

With some deluxe suites higher up

Spoiler

YXzpFon.jpg

On a final note the platform outer dirtwall has been 100% completed meaning i no longer have to level! I can just dump dirt over the edge into the gaping chasm :D

Spoiler

yRNBehF.jpg

September 28th 2017 - Continued Impalong prep

I adopted a town mascot, this is Alan.

Spoiler

nFFYlUx.jpg

Preparation for the impalong continues

Now i have an arena.

Spoiler

bWwlVBD.jpg

Spoiler

dxXtSks.jpg

November 18th 2017 -  The main cavern is complete!

The great exodus dirt dump continues day by day, i slowly slowly fill the lolpit. Meanwhile this was achieved! The main cavern is officially completely levelled! Mine work will now be focused on making a boat cave down bottom and a nice elevator on this east side of the cave.

Spoiler

HsLlsrn.jpg

December 2nd 2017 - New Cavern and the Botevator

Been plugging away at my new cavern so here's some progress. Now with advanced techniques used to make the mine images actually visible (i actually bothered to edit them instead of being a lazy ass like usual).

What used to be a wall running alongside the main ramp is now a worksite

Spoiler

LVoEi4k.jpg?1

One section is fully flattened through to the 750 slope drop from the upper cavern and what's that at the end?

Spoiler

ddacLIg.jpg?1

Say hello to the Magranon's Rest instant botevator! 

Spoiler

pHjv9lB.jpg?3

Simply hop in passenger and enter the dimensional void between worlds.

Spoiler

bQ0UpjL.jpg?1

Then hop out to appear at the top :D

Spoiler

gIshdq2.jpg?1

As a side note because i'm proud of it. I simply couldn't handle having two green knarr's so I did this to the older one :P

Spoiler

O3BDanb.jpg

Spoiler

bApWDRb.jpg

December 20th 2017 - More work on more caves!

Continuing my latest cave expansions

Preparing the boatmine on the west side of the main entrance

Spoiler

sqegz4D.jpg?1

Some minor edits to the main entrance, added a lot of these brass lamps around the deed.

Spoiler

HBh5LBJ.jpg?1

Paved and lit the path to the botevator

Spoiler

xw1qNjW.jpg?1

New lighting and removed the old walls along the ramp

Spoiler

bLf1QqX.jpg?1

More edited ramp with walls taken out, to the left the new lower eastern cavern and to the right the lower western which will become the boat cave

Spoiler

KnPev3d.jpg?1

The lower eastern cavern underway

Spoiler

zxDPXkf.jpg?1

Been hard at work on this, many hours of levelling but in a few days i should also have my magranon colossi done up top ^_^

December 23rd 2017 - Magranon Colossi complete

Finally Magranon is properly represented!

Spoiler

en61qZB.jpg?2

Spoiler

PLIj5L5.jpg

Spoiler

855VQ4d.jpg

Quickie extra because i got a lot done today :)

Boatmine is taking shape - quality a little potato because of editing required to brighten it up a bit :P

Spoiler

QEUfyLR.jpg?1

Spoiler

uvApm5q.jpg?1

January 4th 2018 - More boatmine

The boat mine progresses further. Many rocks have died. Apologies again for potato quality caused by me brightening the images because cave lighting is mean.

Spoiler

dfWPvc3.jpg?1

Spoiler

XJ3JVPY.jpg?1

January 10th 2018 - Completed mining out the boatmine

Boatmine is almost done! Just need about 500 support beams, some braziers/lamps and maybe a dock building. Mining work is done though...unless you count about 20,000 units of iron and sandstone i gotta mine outta the way >.<

Spoiler

TKlE4wD.jpg?1

Spoiler

3QZHJ9e.jpg?1

January 20th 2018 - I accidentally a bridge.

So in a fit of "me being me" I got slightly distracted by my own random ideas. I prepped 1200 ribbons for 2 crates of support beams to get the boatmine done. Then i figure right it's time to get the logs and out i go down the ramp, over bridges over yonder westward through Nomads and to the forest to get 1200 logs, which naturally takes ages. By the time i got back to deed I had decided i was angry with the fact i have to actually spend minutes going up and down the ramp to get wood sooooooooooooooo... this happened.

Spoiler

76FWWfP.jpg

Halfway done, only took days of work to save a few minutes each of the rare occasions i need to get wood...totally worth the time o.o

5th February 2018

Been slacking a lot the last week or two, been busy irl and also slightly distracted by the fact i purchased a switch and bought BOTW and Mario Odyssey...

ANYWAY. Some progress has been made and big thanks go to @armyskinfor donating about something like 40 crates of dirt and bringing the west side of the main platform this close to completion. In the background also a new building housing a trader, and the start of my new horse breeding pens so i can finally do away with the year old temporary pens i've been using on the east side :)

Spoiler

7hkrfbc.jpg

Spoiler

CCQYKzQ.jpg

Also now featuring public wagoner Rojex Delivery. Anyone local who wants to use him there's a wagoner crate rack down by the bridge at the main entrance.

Spoiler

BxTN4nP.jpg

Going to get back onto finishing support beams for the boatmine and completing the west exit bridge now :)

12th February 2018 - Boatmine and West platform complete!

Big milestones this week! Thanks to Armyskin's donations as well as a wagon load from @Kruszyni have completed the west side of the platform, think i'll turn this side mostly into farmland as it's next to the horse pens it kinda fits. 

Spoiler

5w6vjqV.jpg

While local friends have been kindly donating dirt i've been finishing up the boatmine project, which as of this moment is finished excepting one sandstone vein to be mined out and the dockhouse building needing to be put up.

From the main gate (draw distance maxes at 15 tiles atm so unfortunately you get a black wall at the end)

Spoiler

fXaJANE.jpg

The main waterway and boatmine entrance

Spoiler

FKjPBvj.jpg

Back towards the main deed entrance

Spoiler

UpSH80W.jpg

Time to get back up top and finish that bridge / make a farm on the finished west platform ^_^

February 14th 2018 - My valentines gift to myself is a crop of wemp

Great tracts of land!

Spoiler

FN4kEkM.jpg

February 16th 2018 - Finished the west exit bridge :D

The bridge is done! This was definitely worth using about 5000 bricks and mortar just to make my trip to collect wood a few minutes shorter.

Spoiler

bQKsATQ.jpg

Spoiler

maxHINs.jpg

Spoiler

kjXGdqm.jpg

New road being constructed which i'll finish shortly and highway up through here.

M2PSZCH.png

February 24th 2018 - finished the new road

Tis done

Spoiler

kvZ759k.jpg

Spoiler

DGYrSDq.jpg

Spoiler

qf7uTmy.jpg

Spoiler

qoH5YuP.jpg

Now back to filling in a dirt hole :P

February 26th 2018 - THE PLATFORM IS DONE!

Well...there's really no other way to put it. The platform is finished. Actually done....I can't even begin to figure out how much dirt went into it total....the last 

Spoiler

82MpKPH.jpg

Spoiler

AAVrbqq.jpg

Massive thanks go to both @Moddingtonand @Kruszynwho basically between the two of them deserve 90% of the credit for the east side being filled in. Both of them have donated every scrap of dirt from their own current deed projects to me, a few hundred crates worth.

Edit - Deedplanner shot 

Spoiler

fgP5YnB.png?1

Now....what the hell do i even build here o.o

Got some GM help here:

Spoiler

iZjqDxH.jpg

It's beautiful

March 3rd 2018 - Starting the upper platform

It begins with a ramp.

Spoiler

Qr6ni5J.jpg

March 12th 2018 - New plans 

Spent some time today figuring out the actual plan, so here it is in all it's silly glory.

Spoiler

gmKVrQ8.jpg?1

So to sum up.

Cutting the mountain down into a new platform above the mine.

Rebuilding K Manor and shifting it onto the main platform.

Building some new guest houses.

Setting up some enchanted grass parking pens.

Moving the clay/tar pits and adding a peat one.

Easy stuffs :P

Anyone wants to poke around with the deed plan of Magranon's Rest the pastebin is here - https://pastebin.com/BZFsdtKX

The actual current look is this - https://pastebin.com/m0Z8kEW9

Sadly can't really include the mines but its still neat ^_^

March 23rd 2018 - Finished an old tunnel.

Been working on and off on this for some time, linked a tunnel up to my neighbouring deed The Nomads.

Spoiler

P6oQMUR.jpg

Just a nice neat 64 tile paved tunnel to go with all my other ones :P Gonna have to do more tunnels like these so i can get around without ever leaving the caves more often :D

Now back to finishing up the platform buildings methinks.

March 26th 2018 - Platform Housing 

Having started working on adding houses to the platform i decided that it was maybe possibly about time i considered moving myself out of the token house. So today, exactly 500 days (16.5 months) after I planted Magranon's Rest i finally moved myself into an actual permanent home on the deed xD

Redid the token house as a gateway, might need some decorations in there now.

Spoiler

UFH2zxC.jpg

The first of the houses going up on the platform, claimed for myself. Being outside the mine may take getting used to o.o
The fenced area in front is just the clay pit leading onto the wagon parking pens. I really think having all the houses arched hanging over the path will look good when i have them all done.

Spoiler

tvtiSZV.jpg

Need to build the next house to finish the garden, but you get the idea :P

Spoiler

ayWEsYF.jpg

My humble workshop

Spoiler

XwQuahL.jpg

Kitchen, needs some dining furnishings methinks

Spoiler

MTXF5lX.jpg

And bedroom, also in need of some furnishings. I rarely decorate things and i really should, old pvp mindset combined with constantly having work to do on the deed i guess.

Spoiler

hGH3jhZ.jpg

Not a great home for vertigo sufferers

Spoiler

2FtswjC.jpg

Going to be putting up at least 5 more houses in the same style, maybe different brick types or alternating slate/marble. So more room for guests to take up residence or god forbid I actually ever have villagers o.O

April 4th 2018 - Platform houses

Finished up the platform housing today, why do i keep adding houses to a deed where noone lives? Who knows!?

Spoiler

OKXPOqS.jpg

Spoiler

YeeW6Ba.jpg

April 13th 2018 - Tunnel to the top!

After like a year and a half i have finally bothered to make a tunnel up to the peak, not much to show in screenshots as well....it's just another dark tunnel. Nice view up top though :D

Spoiler

6UzAlVp.jpg

Spoiler

VSzwfl0.jpg

Might plonk a little deed and touch up the area into a neat little peak fort :P

December 27th 2018 - The long awaited return of madness

Friends i am back! Tentatively started playing Wurm again a few weeks back and now getting back into working on my deed. It's been about 7-8 months of me only really logging in every couple weeks due to some....fairly cataclysmic RL issues. Anyways MORE TERRAFORMING! 

Removed the old manor on the east side so i can bring up the secondary platform same as it is on the west end. 

Spoiler

j7grpaw.jpg

and from up top

Spoiler

Q42zCIa.jpg

Decided to keep going a bit and make a path along the side of the mountain which i'll link up to local highways soon :)

Spoiler

vy1JzqM.jpg

The tunnel to the top of the mountain is as good as finished but it's honestly not worth taking pictures of because it's just more dark reinforced ramps xD Plus Someone plonked a deed right over the entrance to my tunnel while i wasn't playing for months >.< 

Here's an end of year deedplanner view :)

Spoiler

E0fkxJy.png?1

January 15th 2019 - Mountainside roadway progress

Progress on the new paths is coming along nicely. Agreed on a mighty 3 tile wide bridge highway to hook up with my allies over at Moonlit Euphoria. The dirt track i think i'll keep taking round the mountain....maybe do a dirt ramp up to the peak if possible too.

Spoiler

AAyK7eQ.jpg

Spoiler

p8iwvCF.jpg

Spoiler

b70SSS9.jpg

January 28th 2019 - Bridges complete

Finished up the new highway out to the east :)

Spoiler

oEPcAXp.jpg

Spoiler

rab2btJ.jpg

Spoiler

Ty28Ul9.jpg

045JlfH.png

Onwards to the next project!

June 19th 2019 - I'm still alive

Small update after i've been very sporadic with my wurm playing and login times. I'm still around and slowly working on this:

i originally planned to show screenshots when i finished cutting my way through it but muh pickaxe is a nub and it's still this.

Spoiler

8ZFcI24.jpg

Spoiler

WqtEbYK.jpg

Spoiler

GI50Tai.jpg

Basically the previous road and bridges i made out to the East are going straight up the mountain and over the peak :P

October 19th 2019 -

Been a while, but work has resumed!

Spoiler

hkCSgau.jpg

Spoiler

XAYS4fy.jpg

Spoiler

92xQM22.jpg

This mountain must be defeated.

October 21st 2019 - Mountain defeated.

Boom, done!

Spoiler

ALTtFJV.jpg

Spoiler

mkPkGln.jpg

Top view:

Spoiler

y9qWDi8.jpg

Connects up to Magranon's Peak and in turn, the tunnel back down to my main deed caverns

Spoiler

lhcpmsw.jpg

Next up! First catseyes and then ramping back down the west side so the road clears the whole mountain ^__^

November 14th 2019 - Wide Doors!

I got a bit distracted from the mountain top highway by my deep need to put 90QL steel doors on every possible entrance now i'm allowed to. Looks neat though :)

Spoiler

niKDhmn.jpg

April 2nd 2020 - Coronavirus isolation got me Wurmin'

Nothing like a global pandemic to get me back to work on Wurm stuff! Now i know you've all been excitedly awaiting more evidence that i am boring and mentally unstable so heres the completed "i made a road over the peak that noone will ever use" project. As some will remember, i had previously sliced the mountain in half to make a giant ramp road up from the east end, with a highway linking down to the coast. I've now taken the road out to the west side as well.

Come with me and behold the wonders of....basic roadmaking.

Spoiler

kCtSPYT.png

Little path around the edge of the deed, nice views

Spoiler

DpUDDKO.png

Out West, the rocky mess to the left is where the old single tile rickety path up the mountain used to be.

Spoiler

JryBBdm.png

And the long smooth ramp back North, links neatly onto my west exit highway :)

Spoiler

KIw2TsY.png

Spoiler

LOEjcLY.png

Basically i did this. Red dot representing the Magranon's Peak deed, i'll have to get it added to the community map :)

Djvzfs2.png

May 24th 2020 - Moar roads, a big boi bridge and a chonky tunnel.

Still working away at the place forever here. Been working on the south exit tunnel and continuing making a highway all around the mountain, the east side of the mountain has always been a real pain to travel around but no more! 

From the top end of the bridge down to Moonlit Euphoria

Spoiler

Bn3p3h9.jpg

Path follows around past the east exit to my tunnel

Spoiler

em2GyeJ.jpg

Eastward road down from the tunnel exit, leads nicely to the new bridge i put up 

Spoiler

x3h9SPz.jpg

The bridge over to rockcliff lighthouse 

Spoiler

4YvPVK5.jpg

Spoiler

oHeWyzV.jpg

Path continues round to where i have the south tunnel exit at.

Spoiler

yWlEKoh.jpg

South end of the tunnel, it's still got osme work to go. Needs paving, cladding and lamps.

Spoiler

uBjWEj8.jpg

Continuing on SW, then turning south.

Spoiler

7kbMzOu.jpg

Spoiler

TUFFVc2.jpg

Finishes up neatly onto existing highways.

Spoiler

8m6iFcE.jpg

Some nice views along the way

Spoiler

kYBCXqG.jpg

Spoiler

eTN2RQ6.jpg

How it looks coming up from the South

Spoiler

UiEQ8Wn.jpg

Drawn up a map of the edits i've made, probably going to sort a tunnel out from the south end of my new tunnel down to water level, maybe bring this road west along the south edge of the mountain too. But for now is done :)

Spoiler

mJr9ZyC.png

I'll update once the tunnel is all shinied up and then i think it's time i get to surface mining that second platform layer....gonna be a big job! Any high channeling Mag's out there wanna hook a guy up with some stonestrike? xD

May 31st 2020 - The south tunnel is complete

Tunnel complete :D Took a lotta marble, mortar and brass but it's gloriously cladded, paved and lit now. As is the side path up to the peak ^_^

Spoiler

qxfWvZ5.jpg

Spoiler

nK0ArJi.jpg

Spoiler

40fk0ae.jpg

August 30th 2021 - An update again? After this long?

Hi friends! It's been a long while since i had any update to give you. Didn't play wurm much for a while and then when i was i've just not worked on my deed. Which is obviously a tragedy so lets get back to it!

I spent....a little while getting my AH up to 95 after the new update so the peak is a lil....sheepy:

Spoiler

941SJyf.jpg

Spoiler

kiFlVLB.jpg

Spoiler

nRt4ZFz.jpg

So with that grind done its back to work time! (in future i've got a pretty neat idea for a tower on that peak deed so the sheep pens will really have to go o.o)

Today i finished this up, new genetics lab for my aggressive animal breeding, got halfway through building it before finding out theres a bug where animals won't eat in caves at the moment so i guess testing 95AH on mega pets will have to wait a lil as i have zeeeeeeeeero room for them outside heh.

Spoiler

pxb6B9M.jpg

Next up is a couple other building projects, finishing the warehouse then a lovely open spot where i think its time i put up a giant cave farm building :P Yes the warehouse i built like 4 years ago and never did the top two floors of ....oops

Spoiler

KReoaLP.png

Spoiler

K886VJE.jpg

Finally after the building works are done i'll be back on the big one. The mountain surface mining, it's going to take months of work but i'll get there eventually!

Spoiler

c0HuE6W.jpg

February 23rd 2022 - I remembered Wurm exists again.

I accidentally had another several months long hiatus but today it was BACK TO WORK TIME. DIE MOUNTAIN DIE.

Spoiler

Eu6BPrS.png

Also the warehouse did finally get finished off...only took a few years....

Spoiler

8Wh3QwO.jpg

Might need to decorate and use the space a bit more though lol 

Spoiler

0WDQW1t.png

Anyways more updates to come if my sanity holds out while i surface mine all that rock about another 500 slope or so. Lets be honest my update schedule on this project hasn't been the most reliable for a while now but hey....i'm gonna try!

March 19th 2022 - Mountain being murdered

Progress continues. Half my own efforts and half Jakerivers going ham on the mountain while i've been off playing Elden Ring, so full credit to him it's coming along a lot faster than it would have otherwise.

Facing West

Spoiler

UOQVOnL.jpg

Facing East

Spoiler

yCxrFpF.jpg

From Below

Spoiler

B8gPaVd.jpg

The mountain must be tamed!

April 22nd 2022 - We're winning....very slowly.

Progress is slow and...difficult to provide fun screenshots of because it all just looks like the same rock. But it is happening!

Local authorities came by to check everything was up to code.

Spoiler

i5evEk5.jpg

I work day and night to defeat the mountain 

Spoiler

KKz8J5i.jpg

I enslave my friends to help

Spoiler

BCIXUKx.jpg

Jake made us a lovely ramp

Spoiler

bIJ3ec8.jpg

PROGRESS!

This is pure pain....weeks upon weeks of chinking away at a mountain. What i wouldn't give for a levelling or flattening to work on rock surface.... Why did i do this to myself why!?

Lil sneak peak at the WIP plan for the eventual castle that's going up there:
(before planning out the internal walls we're already looking at about 50k marble bricks lol)

Spoiler

YICGQ7m.png

May 14th 2022 - The continued gradual mountain murder + new free snacks!

I know how you all love very slightly different looking images of the exact same giant area of surface rock so i've got you a treat. Progress pics!

it's really starting to feel like we're getting close with this one, god i need to finish my castle plan....ANYWHO LOOKY:

The tippy top in the SW corner.

Spoiler

H26BsZD.jpg

From the opposite direction

Spoiler

sXMTeOK.jpg

Lil bit down bottom that's actually usable land now! GREAT TRACTS OF LAND!

Spoiler

jV1yeZG.jpg

Also bonus prize. Many who have visited before will be aware that years ago i cooked up every affinity in the game in a stack of 138 casseroles and left them out for people to nibble at. Since then they've been heavily reduced and i've improved the recipe so i redid the lot! 

Yes it was painful.

So if you swing by just wander up to this humble spot...

Spoiler

ba1mMZP.png

and take a peek in the hota statue. Have a snack on me.

Spoiler

Y6NzPeS.png

Yes i realise i could have named them with the numbers first so everyone else has an easier time organising which ones they want to eat, i chose the selfish option sue me ;)

Hopefully next update will be when this area is aaaaaaaaaaaaall flat. Until next time o/

June 27th 2022 - The mountain, she is defeated.

Ladies and gentlemen, i am proud to finally present to you all

G R E A T
T R A C T S

O F 
L A N D

Spoiler

z9yJeLb.jpg

Spoiler

egTyu2V.jpg

It's finally over! It's done! The mountain is tamed! :D

Cannot possibly express enough how much of the credit for this project goes to @JakeRiversWho toiled away during multiple periods of my playtime wavering due to RL and losing my mind over constant wurm client crashes. It'd be halfway complete right now without him.

Next up is dirting it over, finishing my deedplanner design for the castle thats going up here and then.....boy oh boy i'm probably gonna need about 60/70,000 marble bricks and mortar.

December 24th 2022 - Man of many marble bricks

Slowly slowly (oh good lord so slowly) i'm getting the materials for the full build together. Decided recently to get started on plotting stuff out at least.

Spoiler

0sr8ocm.jpg

Spoiler

PH78RKm.jpg

An avatar of Fo even stopped by to inspect the building site.

Spoiler

SmQlrye.jpg

Helpy helpers who have helped 

Spoiler

@Arium - Initial cave mining and ceiling raising. Claimed and collected Finndar's dirt donation.
@Cyborg - Mining
@Mappy - Mining, dirt donations and helped put up the guard towers
@JakeRivers - Not honestly certain if he knows how many supplies i "borrowed" from ToC. Also surface mining the upper platform.
@Mypoppy - Dirt Donation
@SomebodyX - Does stuff on occasion, honestly not sure why i don't KoS him for being my only citizen who's never here.
@Zivirt - I steal his account to do skills i'm too lazy to grind myself.
@Szai - Dirt Donation

@Wulfgarr(Thunderstruck) - Dirt Donation

@Tiranille - Dirt Donation

@Angelklaine - Actually came over and joined the village for the opportunity to help with my mine! :)

@kilgharrah and @Kialexia - Dirt digging and huge donation of dirt out of their own pocket!

@koroth - Came by on a Nahjo priest Sirona and casted dirt while he stayed 

@armyskin - "did like 3 hours of levelling total" - his words. Has since spent many hours levelling cave floors.

@Fhylli - Levelled outer dirtwall of platform 2 with me.

@Finndar - Donated a large sum of dirt.

@VirusMD - Parked his nahjo alt at the deed and casted thousands of dirts for me.

@Kruszyn- Donated several wagon loads of dirt.

@Moddington - Donated a huge stock of about 200 crates worth of dirt.

@Kriet- Helped out with a load of digging early on

@Rocklobstar- Helped level out the final lower cavern for cave farms. Surface mining the upper platform.

The following players assisted in huge building and decoration efforts to prepare for impalong events.

Spoiler

@Alagrexa

Tiranille
@Grumpled
@Pingvinen
Glory
@Baddbob
Somebodyx 
@Rocklobstar

@Roysta
@Theodein(Snoo)
@SugarFoxx
@Tulemees
Arium

@Melloyello

Whiterose

If i missed someone do yell at me.

If anyone wants to come visit you've got the location up at the top of this post South end of the NE desert. Deed is open access and if i'm online i'll even feed ya ;) 

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 47
  • Cat 1

It's nice to see that I'm surrounded by people who share my level of madness when it comes to deed building :)

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Jakerivers - Not honestly certain if he knows how many supplies i "borrowed" from ToC

the bill is in the mail

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

the bill is in the mail

[03:00:07] You Added Jakerivers(+Deny All)

COME GET ME.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

You're honestly insane.

But this is awesome and I really do love the work you've done with it, good job.

• Like 1

We might have to talk about this cave system of yours, looks very impressive. I got a small project under way as well on release on the wand of the seas island thats like 45x57. I am very interested to learn these how you got these perfect 3 tile openings and some other neat things I saw on your mine system. Keep taking a lot of screenshots looking forward to seeing the continued progression.

The three tile openings took 2 days, i had to dig the whole damn dirtwall down so i could surface mine around it all >.<

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

The three tile openings took 2 days, i had to dig the whole damn dirtwall down so i could surface mine around it all >.<

And yet he still manages to have 1 slope up on the top of the boat mine entrance.

I came here for QUALITY, Nadroj.

Just now, Joelle said:

And yet he still manages to have 1 slope up on the top of the boat mine entrance.

I came here for QUALITY, Nadroj.

YOU'RE ON THE LIST.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I can sneak into your mine easy! 

(no mine doors =p)

Not at the bottom no.

Wait....I NEED A THREE TILE WIDE ENTRANCE AT THE TOP TOO.

On it.

I'm thinking Slate Slabs for the walls, but....my god the concrete requirements.

Spoiler

TN0NZGp.png?1

Opinions anyone?

slate for sure, just get ziv to make all that concrete =p oh wait, hop on ziv and make the concrete

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

slate for sure, just get ziv to make all that concrete =p oh wait, hop on ziv and make the concrete

I wish it to be known that this man ^ Just suggested using transmutation to turn an entire wall into tar. This man is silly.

• Like 1

I wanted to do marble originally, but the texture really doesn't stretch well onto 300 slope.

Like for the boozebed.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Opinions anyone?

Rock.  That would require substituting dirtwalls with surface mined platforms tho... 

Looks awesome man, keep us updated, I really enjoyed looking through these Screenies :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zigozag said:

Like for the boozebed.

Rock.  That would require substituting dirtwalls with surface mined platforms tho... 

Time to spam lava around the whole deed xD

Ahh I feel better all time seeing others being even more mad than me.

Egard, for the 3 tile entrances you will want to find a spot where rockface is as parallel to tile borders as possible- otherwise it will carve deeply into the mountain body or will need extensive cliff sculpting to smooth out. If you plan it around sea level the bottom edge is easiest to level with opening tunnels then collapsing back one by one to avoid extensive dredging.

I also had to burn out veins which were of course right at the planned entrances.

8 hours ago, Emoo said:

Looks awesome man, keep us updated, I really enjoyed looking through these Screenies :) 

I think nad will need you do a video tour so everyone can see his crazy mine and its epicness. No way to catch that on just screen shots. Use a hell cart so it don't take all day to make it to the top. =p

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2