Sign in to follow this  
Journeya

WU - 3 wide cave entrance issue - bug?

I am unable to open the last tile of a 3 wide entrance. That tile on the right hand side is still there - allthough  its see-through from the outside (I did try relogging, still a seethrough wall from the outside).

fjrKI4.jpg

Same cave from the inside: 

hluVG3.jpg

I can clip into the cave by walking towards the glitchy tile from the outside - from the inside its a solid wall that stops me.

I started mining my 3-wide entrance from the middle tile, then I did the left tile in that top picture (so towards the south). trying to mine out the north tile gives me the following error messages:

[22:05:43] Can only make two or three tile wide cave entrances .

[22:05:43] The cave walls look very unstable. You cannot keep mining here.

The slopes and everything are the same for the tile on the left and the right. The only difference is the righthand tile is north, the one I managed to open is towards the south.

Before all of this I did collapse the one entrance I had, which was in the middle - to even out using some concrete. I then opened up that very same tile - the middle one, before continuing.

Let me know if there is anything else you might need to know.

repair the tiles and try tunnel from north to south

Ok, so here is a little more info after trying to trouble-solve it with a GM on our server:

We collapsed the tile in the middle and attempted to mine out the tile highlighted from the inside, and got the following error message: 

[08:50:25] The cave walls look very unstable and dirt flows in. You would be buried alive.

e8gtJu.jpg

This is said cave from the outside - both side slopes are the same:
SwUuKb.jpg

collapse the right and mine out the middle again.

• Like 1

thats what i mean, from one side to the other side, we are on the same think or retro? i believe this could work

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

collapse the right and mine out the middle again.

You can't colapse it because underground in the rock mesh it is collapsed but there is still a hole in the surface mesh.

Tich helped us to figure out how to close it by putting a mine door on it and then replace the hole with rock. So this is how to fix it. I will try to figure out what went wrong.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Did you try restarting the server after it happened (and before fixing it manually?)

There's a method Server.fixHoles that runs on startup and is supposed to fix holes in the surface layer that don't have a matching entrance on the cave layer and other weirdness like that.

Edited by bdew

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Did you try restarting the server after it happened (and before fixing it manually?)

There's a method Server.fixHoles that runs on startup and is supposed to fix holes in the surface layer that don't have a matching entrance on the cave layer and other weirdness like that.

Ah never noticed that pretty sure that would have worked too. No, I haven't tried a restart, I can't restart my server when I don't really need to, I would always kick around 30-60 players out.

Edited by Sklo:D

I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me out :) I have another exit to make that is just like this - should I collapse the middle and go south to north this time?

Try the same way so we can see if this bug is reproduceable. Do a /support ticket if you have troubles again.

Thanks, I shall do that. Will update later (might need another day or two to finish some other things first).

I'm obviously missing someting, how do you actually get the entrances flat?  Sorry to hijack the thread, but yea.. What am I missing?  Something simple I'm sure.. 

Gelavin: You have to collapse and open them up from the inside - AFTER making sure the outside tile is the level you want it to be.

As for the other side - it opened up fine, opening it in the same order (from the inside, middle first, then south, then north). So I did not replicate the bug.

• Like 1