Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Champion tortoises

It would be really awesome if we could have champion tortoises! The normal ones are so cute, imagine how awesome a huge one would be. Tortoises are rare anyway, which would make champions extra special. +1 if you agree! :) 

• Like 5

really the issue is more broad, every kind of creature should have special forms like champion etc. Never understood why spawning dens are so limited to only certain creatures. Spread the fun.

• Like 5

That's a great idea! Let all animals spawn from lairs and give us champions :D

Comparing the sizes of wolves and champion wolves to tortoises, if they use the same ratio, champ tortoises shouldn't be that much smaller than champ wolves - so at least a story tall and over a tile wide :D

And the champ tortoises drop a 99ql tortoise shell which uses Large metal shield rather than small wooden? if so, then i would +1

That would be the best! Then I could make rare large tortoise shields for everyone :D

Oh yes! More Champoin animals to the Hufflepuff deed.

+1 here.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:54 PM, Wanttobuy said:

And the champ tortoises drop a 99ql tortoise shell which uses Large metal shield rather than small wooden? if so, then i would +1

All champs should drop 99ql items.  It is a champion.  Champ Troll 99ql club, Champ Lion, 99ql pelt (and other items) when butchered.

I would like to have a HUGE champ tortoise shell though. :D

• Like 2

Not opposed to the idea, just recognize they'd first have to bump up tortoise spawn numbers. Last time I found a tortoise was when they were first introduced. I travel and hunt, so it's not as if i'm combing the same 1k tiles. 

I know a lot of people complain about different creature's spawn rate but unicorns are not rare, nor are whales or any of the other critters that are usually griped about. The real rarities are sea serpents and tortoises.

I'm all for increasing the spawns of tortoises and sea serpents! Even if they didn't, though, I'd still be willing to sail around searching for champion tortoises with reveal creatures until I found one, even if it did take a long time.

Someone mentioned that it would take extra calculations and coding to account for the width of a champ tortoise's shell if players are going to ride them. I was thinking maybe we could bypass that by having riders sit crossed legged on them like when meditating. We could not give them a minimum body control to ride, but have a chance of falling off at lower body controls.

Hi,

would they be ridable the champs would be the same size as the normal ones ...

All champ animals you can ride are as small as their vanilla cousins, look at brown bears & crocs!

Have fun!

I think the tortoises would have to be bigger if they were to be rideable - it would look a bit ridiculous riding a normal-sized one!