Sign in to follow this  
Yiraia

Locking Crates

Something small. There are plenty of crates inside our deed and it would be nice if they can be locked so people can manage certain personal crates, and for all the public use crates to be renamed by all. As of right now, you can only name what you unload. It becomes very VERY annoying when you have an neat crate room, and you have to load a crate, then unload the crate just to rename it properly. I would assume a small/large padlock would be good for a crate (small or large)

• Like 2

Not needed. If just to allow for renaming, it should allow that to those who are allowed to load. Probably an easier fix and also without new permission hell.

• Like 1

I don't see the need for locking crates. You can use locked bsb-fsb if needed. Crate rename tied to load perm in deed sounds neat though 

• Like 1

What could be done and would have it's uses for shipping purposes.

Write information on a paper label.

Activate hammer,

Crate targeted,

Right click on paper label.

Action "seal crate"

->consumes 1 small nail or large nail + paper label.

Effect:

Crate name is now locked, contents of crate are not view-able. Upon examination only the information on the label is read to include signature of person who wrote said label.

Purpose:  This would allow people to become freelance shippers, and deliver crates from point A to point B for people.  Receiver would know if a crate was intact, shipper knows it cannot be tampered with, without notice.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

Not needed. If just to allow for renaming, it should allow that to those who are allowed to load. Probably an easier fix and also without new permission hell.

27 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I don't see the need for locking crates. You can use locked bsb-fsb if needed. Crate rename tied to load perm in deed sounds neat though 

When you decide to go grind woodcutting and leave the crates around, you do :p. Don't have much space back at home

well, grind something that needs tons of logs - shipbuilding / coalmaking. There will be no problem using up the logs :)

The post title is Locking Crates. Then it is mentioned as a suggestion that crates be able to have locks attached to them. This I think is a good suggestion that would be helpful to those who want to lock their crates so others can't access the contents. Those who don't want to bother with it don't have too. Simple really. Now if only the Devs would make it happen...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

well, grind something that needs tons of logs - shipbuilding / coalmaking. There will be no problem using up the logs :)

Sorry but I have a life to attend to. When I'm not playing wurm, in in classes. I usually only have 3 hours to play wurm on week days and then plenty of time on the weekends. When there are locks available in a game to keep containers safe in pve, I use them. Sadly crates didn't fall under the category. I understand if you don't need to lock your crates, but look at the cons and then think "If this doesn't negatively affect much, and it positively affects people other than me, must be a +1". Only Con i see is that people who like to steal goods from abandon places would most likely not get things from crates anymore.

• Like 1

This seems like it would be a simple addition to large and small crates. I think it is just a matter of preference. I personally would like to sell crates of goods on vendor without needing to build a fence for each crate or using bsbs. 

We can apply locks to many thing. Why not crates?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 8:56 AM, Tallios said:

Purpose:  This would allow people to become freelance shippers, and deliver crates from point A to point B for people.  Receiver would know if a crate was intact, shipper knows it cannot be tampered with, without notice.

+1. Much as i have an issue with navigation, i still love sailing, and transporting goods for someone else for a few copper would be a good way to see all of Wurm

• Like 1

Dog just barked and made me drop wrong q ores in wrong crate in wagon while mining. Yes plase! Locks on crates, so we can lock quality! And not be so supercareful all the time when out mining :)

• Like 2