Sign in to follow this  
Maiev

Hybrid Characters

Let people have hybrid characters that can be a priest and crafter in the same time, got none of the priest penalties and always pay double ammount of premium cost of a normal character.

I havent really thought the pros and cons of this, just an idea.

Edited by Maiev
  • Like 2

-1. The system with restrictions is in place for a reason. 

With the ability to buy/sell toons, isn't Wurm pay to win already?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

By that logic, I could argue that because you bought 10 silver a long time ago to buy your first premium, you are P2W.

42 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

By that logic, I could argue that because you bought 10 silver a long time ago to buy your first premium, you are P2W.

*Claps slowly*  You're just getting that point?  Wurm, by definition is pay to win, the entire buisiness model of the game is based on the pay to win model.  Wurm is in no way a level playing field, it is 100% pay to win.

3 hours ago, Yldrania said:

-1. The system with restrictions is in place for a reason. 

Damn right!  And its a very good reason too!  I mean if it wasn't in place everyone would just be a pri- oh wait no, most of the players who would go for this option own priests anyway.

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

most of the players who would go for this option own priests anyway.

All the more reason that no change is warranted.

2 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

A Player purchasing 10 silver to buy premium is no different than a Player paying a subscription to another MMO or Online game...

However once Rolf officially allowed Players to participate in the sales of characters/accounts and ingame items Wurm crossed a line in the sand and became P2W because of RMT. Now the ambition of players and their ability to spend as much real life cash as they choose... that effects the real life value of any character through Auctions alone raising and lowering such values in real life cash... makes Wurm P2W more than anything else. Players spending hoards of cash on their claims and deeds on Chaos and purchasing the characters they desire to win their conflicts proves beyond all doubt how P2W Wurm is.

Edited by geode
  • Like 4

OK, then if you're talking about what's "good for the game"  explain to me how a "champion" (lets call it) on Freedom that costs twice as much premium is any different than the current system of owning a main and a priest?

Will the champion be able to make bulk twice as fast?  No.

Will the champion be able to build a house twice as fast as two "mains"? No.

Will the champion be able to cast LT without a battery?  No.

What would make this suggestion better than having two toons that someone could play simultaneously?

P2W implies there is a win condition.  Perhaps so on PvP servers... but on PvE freedom isles? 

As for priests without limitations... WU servers have this.  I don't know that the world has ended, but it did seem to water down the priest experience, perhaps, as everyone had the ability to do what they wanted.

Just out of curiosity, because I can live without the benefits of a priest just fine, but what are the reasons for the limitation?

@ Wargasm

First of all some Players may not want to run more than one client on their computers because of the Computer itself, or because of Bandwidth considerations. Not everyone has unlimited Bandwidth available in their area. Each client uses bandwidth.

Secondly even if Players can run two clients at once and therefore two characters... what makes you or Rolf and the Devs believe everyone wants to run two characters at once? I myself can run several clients and won't, I run one client only except in special situations. You won't see me mining out my Mine system on my deed with an army of alts. (the reason for WHY I won't run more than one account is another topic entirely) Since the OP suggests this perhaps they too don't want to run multiple clients either.

For Players that desire to run one character at a time that is both a Crafter and a Priest, that costs the price of two characters, what is the harm to the overall game? I see one area of concern... Possibly bugs associated with the melding of two character templates is the biggest concern I have, but as far as how much money is generated for CodeClub this suggestion would most definitely still make as much money (after expenses to develop the new character template are covered).

So except for the possible bugs introduced with the new character "template" that would have to be introduced in the game I don't see that many issues and it would answer a customer request. A player that is that concerned over needing a "battery" wouldn't want this option anyway so I fail to see why that would be a consideration.

+1 to suggestion.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

Do champions get 2x sleep bonus regeneration speed?

I seriously can't think of a single benefit of this suggestion other than your own naïve laziness.

Why do you always attack peoples personal traits without knowing them? Just wondering.

-1 the actual idea, if you want both come Chaos, earn something money can't buy [trust] and become a champ and join a world that lets you have your suggestion.

Edited by Mclovin

38 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Do champions get 2x sleep bonus regeneration speed?

I seriously can't think of a single benefit of this suggestion other than your own naïve laziness.

When in Libila's boudoir did being able to game less hours a day become goddamn "laziness"?  If they're paying more it's because they have a job to afford it, sick and tired of people who get to play all day calling those of us with limited time "lazy" for ######s' sake.

9 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Why do you always attack peoples personal traits without knowing them? Just wondering.

-1 the actual idea, if you want both come Chaos, earn something money can't buy [trust] and become a champ and join a world that lets you have your suggestion.

"-1 bla bla bla come to Chaos".

NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PVP SAME AS YOU GUYS DON'T WANT PURE PVE.  

But fine, you two hold the absolute truth, no whining when even more people switch to WU because you guys know that WO has to cater to the "hard working" more extreme gamers.  Damn you Twelve Doctriners.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 3

Just now, Mordraug said:

When in Libila's boudoir did being able to game less hours a day become goddamn "laziness"?  If they're paying more it's because they have a job to afford it, sick and tired of people who get to play all day calling those of us with limited time "lazy" for ######s' sake.

How does playing less hours have *anything* to do with this post?  Are you stupid or are you blind?

6 hours ago, Rolandt said:

And once you champ up, sit on deed and craft :)

Die to archery whilst picking your nose xD

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

What would make this suggestion better than having two toons that someone could play simultaneously?

Because playing two toons is a mark of poor game design and wurm needs to look professional?

How about....  Folks who can't afford an all powerful computer being able to enjoy the game without being forced to run in minecraft graphics mode?

How about....  More folks being willing to pay double rather than skill up two toons in a game that already has horrific grind?

"Laziness", the wargasm words for "baawwww, I might lose out on silver and have to pay for the game".

• Like 1

You still have yet to explain the benefits of a single toon that costs the same as two.  You still get to grind channeling like everyone else, so explain why this change is warranted.

Because everyone is a champion in epic and chaos, they have unlimited lives, they have no cool down to champ again despite the unlimited lives!, they dont have %60 damage reduction and all the other good stuff so they are exactly the same thing in this suggestion (which is why this would be very unfair to champions in pvp if implemented), they have no obligation to attend battles despite the fact they have unlimited lives (wow amazing!), there is nobody in pve servers anyways and those living there are already packing up to go to chaos or epic. That is why this suggestion is completely unnecessary.

On a serious note, you can already get a priest and a crafter and benefit from double sleep bonus regeneration and even use them both at the same time if you wish which increases efficiency on many things as some people pointed out, so it is not really unfair for someone to pay the premium of two characters and use only one. This wont matter much to people who own many priests but it will let people to priest up their crafter to have benefits from low difficulty casts and passive faith bonuses, let people who only want to play one character to have the option of having both priest and crafter, let people who wants to play solo priests an option to pay more to be freed from priest penalties, let crafters who just want to have priesthood for fun priest spells have it, make it more likely for champs to battle instead of sitting on deeds in fear of losing that last 1 life if they are willing to pay double prem, give an option to people who only wants to have a priest for spells like genesis or strongwall but not prefering to create and use a second character so they can bring more money to wo, give an option to people who want their main to get both crafter and priest characteristics but want to live in pve, characters with both crafter skills and priest skills for whatever reason will be more valuable when on sale, make it so that people who want to bring their main to chaos and become a priest of their choice without losing their abilities without having to champ up or champ up but still keep them after losing champhood can do it if they are willing to pay for it and maybe other stuff that I cant think of now if there is any.

Will this ruin economy? No, because people who want to make and sell things usually (that word is an understatement btw) have a main and at least one priest  I know I do, many actually

Will this ruin champs? No, champs already have great bonuses that are focused on pvp and this will only give them an option to keep their crafting abilities after losing champhood and hence make some people less worried about losing their champhood, making them more active in pvp.

Will everyone be a priest? Perhaps many people will become a priest but not all of them will grind channel to high lvls and those who were willing to grind channel high for trade or personal use are already able without this change, by creating a second character.

Will this bring more revenue to the game? Probably, since people who are willing to pay more, interested in priest abilities but doesnt want a second character will have more reason to pay.

Will this reduce online count? Unfortunately that is very likely

Will this destroy pvp? No, but it might actually help it a little bit since many people in pvp are priests and there is a big advantage to being a priest in pvp, and people would be more willing to come to pvp with their mains after this change if they actually had pvp in mind but was held back knowing they wont have the benefits of being a priest or lose their skills becoming a priest there.

This looks overpowered as heck! How to penalize this? if this is indeed overpowered in the big picture, then a good way to penalize this might be to make the change permanent.

This looks like a huge change. Who will be really bothered by this change if it ever happens? People who champ up in pvp only for the crafting ability and removal of priest penalties or wanting the casting ability as a crafter, want to feel special and intend to remain champ forever, people who worry that everyone will have more reason to priest up in pve and economy will take a hit, people who want priests and crafters to be seperated in the game for immersion, people who dont like big changes, people who dont like priests and dont want to see more of them, people who have many alts and would have only been okay with this if this were in the game before they started playing, people who worry that just like all big changes it might be the end of wurm online, everyone who is not planning to benefit from the change.

Edited by Maiev