Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Why I decided to Monetize my Youtube Channel

Hey guys,
So I recorded a quick little video yesterday in which I decided to talk about why I've finally come to the decision to monetize my channel. It's not about the money, instead about increased online presence and prioritization  on Youtube;  and it's certainly worth a watch if you're a wanna be youtuber aswell. I just figured it might be astute to make a video being on the level about the reasons behind it instead of someone being like "yo dude wtf?". If anyone else has any additional knowledge on how Youtube works in terms of giving videos better visibility I'd love to hear your thoughts on it all. 

Spoiler

I'll throw links to the videos that I reference in my video down below, thanks everyone for your continued support!

I'm actively playing Wurm again quite abit so ya'll can expect plenty of Wurm content coming up so I hope you stay tuned, much love.

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 3

flip you man you sold out flip you unsubscribed

;d

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 4

/me unsubscribes

Just kidding thanks for the video buddy! :) I love watching your Wurm content especially.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough it's not about the money

I was unaware of your youtube channel and am not too worried about what you do with your channel but theres no need to bring clickbait to the Wurm forums.

Edited by Meman46

23 minutes ago, Meman46 said:

I was unaware of your youtube channel and am not too worried about what you do with your channel but theres no need to bring clickbait to the Wurm forums.

Not my intention dude, fair call though. I edited the post to better reflect the content, cheers! 

54 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Narcissistic.

Hey man, loving me is a tough job but someone's gotta do it - might aswell be me. Afterall seems you don't wanna do it ;)

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Emoo said:

Hey man, loving me is a tough job but someone's gotta do it - might aswell be me. Afterall seems you don't wanna do it ;)

I love you, Emoo!

but you didn't come to the goblin leader today... why lie hmm? rude.

Edited by Joelle
  • Like 1

There is nothing wrong with getting paid for your work!

• Like 1

Lol i decided to monetize my channel .. but it aint cause of money... lol

6 hours ago, Snoo said:

Lol i decided to monetize my channel .. but it aint cause of money... lol

Well the amount I'll earn is still such an insignificant amount that it's entirely irrelevant. Like I say in my video, the reason lie more towards the way Youtube prioritizes suggesting videos that are monetized over ones that are not so hopefully I should see a small bump in traffic to my videos.  :)

I think for all my uploads and some I motetized, not really sure why it had an option I clicked it, think there was 10k views total on the said videos, split across 3-4 of them, think i made like 8 cents, if he was in it for the money at this stage then he'd have better luck crawling the ground and hoping to find a dollar on the floor, lol.

Interesting you said it gives priority / suggestions of said videos tho, never knew that but makes sense. Hey this person makes us money, push it.

Might start hitting that button myself.

• Like 1

...wait, you have a youtube channel? since when?!?

5 hours ago, Mclovin said:

I think for all my uploads and some I motetized, not really sure why it had an option I clicked it, think there was 10k views total on the said videos, split across 3-4 of them, think i made like 8 cents, if he was in it for the money at this stage then he'd have better luck crawling the ground and hoping to find a dollar on the floor, lol.

Interesting you said it gives priority / suggestions of said videos tho, never knew that but makes sense. Hey this person makes us money, push it.

Might start hitting that button myself.

Yeah exactly, I'd never really thought about it before I watched the videos I linked.  But it does make sense for Youtube to push the videos that actually make them money over the ones that don't. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

#BeerMoneyForEmoo

Fosters is expensive

One day (maybe) when I actually wanna make money I'll get a pratroen or something  like that and that will be the Hashtag I'll use :lol:

He sold us out for booze money!

• Like 1