Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alamkan

MR Farming Commune

Fellow Mol Rehanians, we are divided. We have no place we can call a true home, all the great citys and even small villages are dead! Dead i tell you! Remember the great Jenn-Kellon bear attack, months ago? Many died, and such could be avoided if we were unified under a central government for our portion of the great valley. I suggest we go back to the good old days, remember when we all had a farm? When the town had a blacksmith, a mine, even some animals, and some not so friendly animals. As such i recommend we band together and build farms, blacksmiths, a mine, all the things that we hold dear. The leaders of this village will not be a mayor, nor a dictator. Nay, it will be a council! The council of Golden Valley. The great golden valley rush left many ghost towns, but we shall rebuild! Fellow Mol Rehan's, when the towns died we died, but now we can live again.

This is of course, the thread to discuss a capital village for Mol Rehan. Many things exist we need to talk about, i've thought of the three most important things.

1.Nearby Resources

2.How many hostile animals?

3.Who will form the council?

4.Where shall The Great Town reside?

This is of course, the thread to discuss a capital village for Mol Rehan.

MR has a capitol in GV already; Glitterdale.

You want to play with actual players and not alts of actual players that disappear for months at a time? You want to see the bustle of a city? How about instead of trying to form some sort of council on GV, bite the bullet and go premium. 

You want to play with actual players and not alts of actual players that disappear for months at a time? You want to see the bustle of a city? How about instead of trying to form some sort of council on GV, bite the bullet and go premium. 

I totally agree with this guy.

GV "settlements" are merely a shack towns probably runned by power mad person and will die off within month or less.

Go to premium. Join a village or buy one. That is the only way to see and feel the real Wurm

GV "settlements" are merely a shack towns probably runned by power mad person and will die off within month or less.

Go to premium. Join a village or buy one. That is the only way to see and feel the real Wurm

You know, you both could decide to not flame, that'd be nice.

Or can you not do that? Glitterdale isn't really a capitol, it's a starter town. You can't build inside it, or anything like that. Now, there's a reason i posted this in VALLEY TALK, so premiums wouldnt say "Hey, i'm bored. Let's go flame those MR non-prem posters!"

Friend:"YEAH!"

Or can you not do that? Glitterdale isn't really a capitol, it's a starter town. You can't build inside it, or anything like that. Now, there's a reason i posted this in VALLEY TALK, so premiums wouldnt say "Hey, i'm bored. Let's go flame those MR non-prem posters!"

And my post has nothing anti-nonpremium in it. It's the goddamn truth.

Always when you make a huge city or town in Golden Valley it goes fine for long as there is someone to get new people in it. But when you or bunch of other people goes premium it will be forgotten and abadonned within week or two. I was in GV for 4 months and i know what is like there.

Also starter towns are always capitols. Because there is huge ammount of people builded/living around it. A deed that size could barely hold 10 people and people living around it is about 20 or more. So Don't go bitching about that you can't build inside it. Besides you can't plant a deed in GV anymore so they are basicly only deeded settlements.

And my post has nothing anti-nonpremium in it. It's the goddamn truth.

Always when you make a huge city or town in Golden Valley it goes fine for long as there is someone to get new people in it. But when you or bunch of other people goes premium it will be forgotten and abadonned within week or two. I was in GV for 4 months and i know what is like there.

Also starter towns are always capitols. Because there is huge ammount of people builded/living around it. A deed that size could barely hold 10 people and people living around it is about 20 or more. So Don't go bitching about that you can't build inside it. Besides you can't plant a deed in GV anymore so they are basicly only deeded settlements.

MR doesnt really have a central government, or even people that noobs can talk to when they need supplies.. or something.

This argument is pointless, you can never really change someones view unless your maybe good friends with them, even on the internet, on forums it just degrades into countless posts of flame.

EDIT/PS:I was quoting you so i could quote both of you.

I wasn't flaming in the slightest.

It is common knowledge that majority of GV's population consists of alts of current premium players. I would go so far as to say that 70% of the players that you run into on GV are already playing on a premium server as well. The day that GV was implemented, the test server stopped being the "vacation" server and GV picked up that role. For what reason(s) do these premium players have to use the freebie server? Many. Some like the thrill of feeling like a "newb" again; starting out from the beginning. Some go to explore the map. Hell, some go because they're elitists and feel that this is "their" game, so they grief the real newbies in hopes that they'll quit.

As for the idea of a "capitol"... you can't even plant a settlement on GV, so that idea is basically out the window.

There is a town up from the start of the server, and still kicking:

Scorpion Stone

Do I need to follow you everywhere ripsi to prove you wrong? lol. After the experience from taking care of Black Cat (2-3 months old), Blood Gulch (4 month old) will stay up for a long time. Scorpion Stone will too. Sure that I'm a power mad person enslaving 14 people and we'll probably die in a year or two. (Unless GV wipe happens) ;)

Fellow Mol Rehanians, we are divided. We have no place we can call a true home, all the great citys and even small villages are dead! Dead i tell you! Remember the great Jenn-Kellon bear attack, months ago? Many died, and such could be avoided if we were unified under a central government for our portion of the great valley.

Lmao there was no attack just a bunch of paranoid newbies. =P I had the only boat.

MR doesnt really have a central government, or even people that noobs can talk to when they need supplies.. or something.

Have you played on MR at GV before?

Us MRs think of JKs as weaklings who huddle in small villages. JKs think of us as scattered people with no united objective.

Thankfully, both of the common perceptions are wrong are wrong.

Us MRs think of JKs as weaklings who huddle in small villages. JKs think of us as scattered people with no united objective.

I have seen both sides, i must agree. JK likes to think themselves advanced when MR is actually equals.

The real enemy is HOTS!!!!!! lol

Yes, in fact i have been MR my entire wurm life, and you only quoted part of my message and it's taken out of context now, the point of that was to point out that we need a central government.

There is a town up from the start of the server, and still kicking:

Scorpion Stone

Yes, Blood Gulch has also been kicking for a long time, and is almost in the format of a deeded village, just without the deed.

These are, of course, JK towns though. Being JK myself I've never heard of MR having any villages, that seem to exist anymore anyway - just because its a trial server, which every premium player harps on, doesn't mean people DON'T stay there, because there are people there that aren't alts and enjoy GV, It's not as great as premium in some aspects but it has its own qualities.

Anyway, this sounds like a good idea and I wish MR the best of luck.

Sorry for being abit off topic but:

I live in an all MR village, theres about 5-6 of us and it's pretty well developed now. You guys need to look harder ;)

I think this is a good idea. not being on GV for myself though, I understand the need of teaming up.

Try recruiting some people through the Kingdom chat. Flatten a steady area, build a guard tower. ( no worries, many hands make light work) Wall it of, and you will have your own fort!

And then off course, you can do the opposite to jk aswell xD

Lol, all well and good, except you can't build guard towers :P