Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International 008

header.png

I actually forget who did this one but I really like it

Hi Everyone!

An exciting weekend ahead of us as we near the final countdown towards 1.3 landing in Wurm Unlimited! so before all that, let's catch up on a few things

Wurm Unlimited webpage
Now we've had http://www.wurmunlimited.com since the launch, but it's been mostly a landing page for this time. That's about to change though!
We'll be using it as the devblog page for news about WU, as well as other giveaways and features, along with full detail patch notes and beta releases.

Our dev blogs can be found at : http://www.wurmunlimited.com/category/devblog/
Major reason for this is it doesn't fit in with the Wurm Online news (and gets lost) and we'd like a place away from Steam (1.3's patch notes exceed the 32,000 character limit!) So expect that site to get it's makeover soon!

WU 1.3 release

As you all probably know, the big WU release is nearing it's time with the 6th of march set as the date. The update will most likely be around midday CET, but we'll put a time up in #wurmunlimited when we know for sure.

Catching up
Some of you may remember the post about clearing the dust of 2016 and addressing the "niru case" back at the end of the year, that's not forgotten! We're currently looking at what we can do and formulating a plan on how we go about achieving our goals. Players trading is a huge part of this game and it's unfortunate when some take advantage of others, I'm glad to see many do still work with each other with trust.

Choose your recipe!
Of course we now have the voting up for the recipe competition for 1.3 in WU! Pick your favourite recipe and the top three winners will get their names on the recipe ingame! These recipes will also come to WO, so make sure to pick a good one!

Teaser

We showed a few hell horse colours last week, but what colour is this?!

teaser.png

Community Content - Esert makeover comp
So uh, a tad late, but better late than never! The entry is up for voting, and I must say, it looks amazing (I did say it!)
Check out and vote here:

That's it for this week, we're extremely excited for 1.3 to land in WU, and I know you all are, until then though, keep on wurming!
Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 10

THAT HELL HORSE. I NEED IT.

Very excited to see the results of both the Esert competition and the Cookoff! \o/ Yay for new, fun things!

• Like 3

Great, now I need to learn taming. I need that horse!

Love the new teaser but please can we get protected corpses for branded/tamed animals and can we have hitched Hell Horses past aged back please.

• Like 9

Is that hell horse from the plane of hell where My Pretty Ponies go when they die ?  That's a lot of pink and purple or maybe my monitor is flaky.

Nice work never the less :).

Edited by belthize
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

Great, now I need to learn taming. I need that horse!

Or a Fo priest I think, right?

Great work Retro & the gang, Wurm's looking strong!

ps. if that's a dead Pretty Pony, then I'm afraid all Pretty Ponies must die :ph34r:  I kinda like seeing vibrant colors around.  I might not necessarily choose it to ride, but the stream of color wizzing by would be cool looking imho.

Oh my I need these horses on my pink cart !!

• Like 1

I can be a pretty pretty death princess with those pink hellhorses! >:D

YES to the rainbow hell horse!! And green, pink, blue, purple - all the colours :D:D

THE PINK HELL PONY MUST BE MINE!!!!!

When can we expect those in game?  Seriously, most psyched I've been about WO in ages!

1 hour ago, Aeryck said:

Love the new teaser but please can we get protected corpses for branded/tamed animals and can we have hitched Hell Horses past aged back please.

+1

teaser.png

IT CAN RIDE ME

That's fricking sick, I hope there is a green/blue and yellow version as the suggestion thread showed but with the same style you used here, wow.

5a39f698a6aade809f296b8b62359045.png

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Aeryck said:

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Another preview fresh out of the pixel factory:

F72eMCC.jpg

• Like 19

Hell horses just went from being, "This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol," to "This fiery creature is rumoured to be FABULOUS!:D

• Like 15

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Teaser

We showed a few hell horse colours last week, but what colour is this?!

teaser.png

My guess is that is the EBONY JETSPEED because really, that is the ONLY version that serious horsebreeders put a super high priority on knowing (before they are dead) because of their super secret hidden speed bonus that makes a JETSPEED HELL HORSE the fastest damned critter on the face of Wurm ...

And if that is NOT it -- well, it should be

Also it should get a rare item shimmer and glowy orange saddle and bridle set and special unique evil-oriented names and an aura of superiority and a month pass to Disneyland.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Saroman said:

Another preview fresh out of the pixel factory:

If that is the graphics for the current horse bridle I sure hope that it is just the outline of an unfinished model because I would not like that showing up on my horses equipped with them. It should be the leather color of saddles and leather barding with some of those type patterns running through it. Then if displayed with no choice to hide it, it would be a nice addition to see on horses. Needs more work along those lines I would say.

=Ayes=

51 minutes ago, Ayes said:

If that is the graphics for the current horse bridle I sure hope that it is just the outline of an unfinished model because I would not like that showing up on my horses equipped with them. It should be the leather color of saddles and leather barding with some of those type patterns running through it. Then if displayed with no choice to hide it, it would be a nice addition to see on horses. Needs more work along those lines I would say.

=Ayes=

relax, it's a preview, and just the model with no texture!

• Like 2

Visible bridle!  Reins!  Plasma hell horses!   Squeeeee! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aeryck said:

+1

Will you be adding a tab on the top of the forums here for that WU site? 

As incentive to get your taming up, since we're on the topic of hell horses..... plus a few tips wth.... 

Fish near the shore, fillet a lot.  Only truly reliable source of taming material and you can use an "afk" alt for it if push comes to shove.  Catfish are your friend (I hit 93 fishing on WO and 70 taming, way before WU).

Start easy, dogs are cool for that, same as cats and lions.  Upgrade to normal wolf when the ticks diminish too much, from there you can go up to hardened wolf (they're just awesome).  Don't bother with champ anything for training.

Next step is brown bear, and once again eventually find a hardened or fierce. 

From there, and don't give me that look, cave bug with or without modifiers.

Older also means harder to tame so you gotta find that balance of difficulty vs. ticks.  Good news is hardened wolf was good until 45ish.. Ol' Nero.

By the time you're at "cave bug" you should even be able to reliably tame hell hounds with good ql fillets but dang... madness for training.  Unicorns are also %$%/&s, reliably tamable to catch and use once you got the levels, but snobby as hell to try leveling.

Pros of being able to handle hell horses:

{{You get to talk like this in local chat}}

You can explore other servers horseless and just lead a croc in case you find a yuge lake (say, Xanadu).

"Explored" your way into more aggro than you think you can walk out of?  Tame something if you didn't have a tank croc to begin with.

You get the idea.... really fun skill. ^_^

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

That hellhorse model looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in game.

Looks like I've got some fishing to do. Thanks Mordraug! :)