Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Forum Bugs - Issues since the transition

On 10/03/2017 at 6:57 PM, Sklo:D said:

yup same for me

that is the exact message i get it is really annoying, now im stuck on a stupid default picture forever D: 

On 3/27/2017 at 2:52 PM, The Moidart said:

Unable to access account settings. 

The forum.wurmonline.com page isn’t working

forum.wurmonline.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Ever gonna be fixed?

Delay sill there, full site and mobile versions alike.  If I fire off multiple pm to the same person it posts to the conversation in the wrong order.

Edited by Nomadikhan

you should use a own forum not anything jokeforum from other companies.

you have a own server for the games, you have a webserver but no forum (the simplest stuff that you can get everywhere in the web)

who the hell has looked for this bad odd terrible forum here?

Eject

There's nothing wrong with using Invision Power Board. A team of this size coding their own forum software is a complete waste of time and almost certain to be insecure (not because they'd do it poorly, but because security is complex).

• Like 1

Same thing here with posting/replying.. takes a WHILE..... 

On 3/2/2017 at 9:52 PM, Yldrania said:

Posting and sending PM's is extremely delayed for me. At times it takes up to 3 minutes to go from "saving" the reply to actually posting it.

Stuck on this:

forumdelay_by_bmastock-db0xol4.png

• Like 1

i dont even get emails to reset my other forum accounts passwords anymore.. terrible service provider why dont you do something about it?

5 hours ago, blart said:

i dont even get emails to reset my other forum accounts passwords anymore.. terrible service provider why dont you do something about it?

This should be fixed.. And it was not the service provider that is not letting you get the emails from  us, It was your email host, blocking us. I have since resolved this issue, and waiting to see if any others are blocked.

• Like 1

Still getting wierd random posting delays...sometimes it just works, sometimes you click 'Submit Reply' and nothing happens, but if you refresh the page, your post is there.  And sending PMs randomly sends the same PM twice...

1 hour ago, Wonka said:

Still getting wierd random posting delays...sometimes it just works, sometimes you click 'Submit Reply' and nothing happens, but if you refresh the page, your post is there.  And sending PMs randomly sends the same PM twice...

I have this same problem. Any time I click "Submit Reply", the button changes to "Saving" and doesn't go any further. I get the same issue with PM's. The only way I can check to see if the reply or pm was successful is to browse away from the page & go back.

Another "issue" is that I will refresh the forums and have a topic turn bold, showing that there was a new post or thread since the last time I went there. I'll click on the bold topic and no threads will show that they have new, unread posts. Sometimes the lag between the topic showing a new thread/post and the thread showing that there's unread posts can take 10 - 15 minutes. This issue is random unlike the posting issue.

Funny bug with images on mobile phones. Tested with both Opera and Chrome.

bump , still massive delays and lag when posting, jeez fix this, or change forums, 

i have the delay too but my message is already there when i click on another thread! so it seems there is a loop in your code who doesnt close the "sending comment"! or maybe one of these is missing in your code: ( ) ;     so that it becomes a zombie.

bump

Still not back where it used to be before the migration. A ton of issues.

On 8.3.2017 at 7:35 PM, Sklo:D said:

Another issue:

I am logging in with my Smartphone => my PC is logged out, then I am logging my PC in again => my smartphone is logged out. So annoying :(

This issue was fixed a few weeks ago but since the update yesterday it is happening again. Very very annoying.

Edited by Sklo:D

3 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

This issue was fixed a few weeks ago but since the update yesterday it is happening again. Very very annoying.

Yes, I see that as well.

• Like 1

The problem persists. This is really annoying!

@Keenan

The popular plug-ins for auction and event timers do not appear to work.  They are displaying when you use them, but they're not counting down/up. Given how important these timers are across a variety of post types, please consider prioritizing this fix.  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Finndar said:

@Keenan

The popular plug-ins for auction and event timers do not appear to work.  They are displaying when you use them, but they're not counting down/up. Given how important these timers are across a variety of post types, please consider prioritizing this fix.  Thank you.

This has been reported. The issue is that we are local-caching images as to not break HTTPS. I can turn this feature off, but would rather not. We'll try to find a solution that keeps things secure while also adding this functionality back.

Edit: I've actually turned this off for now, so they should not be cached on the forum server anymore. I'd like to find a smarter solution that will only cache images hosted from insecure hosts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yaga said:

The problem persists. This is really annoying!

Test this out, made configuration changes today. I tried with an incognito browser and it worked fine.

On 1.7.2017 at 6:44 PM, Keenan said:

Test this out, made configuration changes today. I tried with an incognito browser and it worked fine.

Unfortunately, the forum still logs me out in my desktop browser, after using the forum on a mobile device.

Still the same problem. But fair enough the rest of the forum is working really awesome, great work! Only the last little details need to be mined out.

Edited by Sklo:D

Well, it seems to work after signing out and signing in again on both devices. Was that some sort of Cookie Setting? That would explain things.

So the problem is fixed atm for me, let's see if it persists.

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

Well, it seems to work after signing out and signing in again on both devices.

Nope - not for me. :(

Just had to sign in again at the desktop computer after using a mobile device earlier.