Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Sorcery items

Please change  the way sorcery items are earned. It's very disheartening spending many hours smashing out missions instead of putting that time into my skills in hope of obtaining an item that might be worth the effort. When you do win and someone  lucks out who barely contributed and you with your 10k+ scenario points don't get jack makes you want to cry. I think it was Posteh who suggested something like this a while back but the idea is simple:

Allow players to buy sorcery items using their karma and reward scenario wins with moonmetal or something else. This way everyone gets to earn their rewards and not just occasionally get to throw the dice for something nice. Some guy posted some stats about missions completed by each server and you can clearly see one server in particular blows everyone else out the water. Something isn't right there.

So I say something like 50k to buy a specific tome and 25k to roll for a random one. Scenario wins can still give keys and wands and whatever else but tomes since they are essential  to being competitive in PvP now should be readily available to all who are willing to work to achieve them and not throw dice.

• Like 1

"Hey, is anyone could move Magranon please?"

"Sorry, saving karma for a tome"

4 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

"Hey, is anyone could move Magranon please?"

"Sorry, saving karma for a tome"

"Hey someone can help us doing mission please?"

"Sorry, not time, Mag is winning anyway"

11 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

"<A> Hey, is anyone could move Magranon please?"

"<B> Sorry, saving karma for a tome"

"<B> Why can't you move it yourself?"

"<A> Saving karma for tome.."

• Like 2

Like the idea. It would balance game on pvp server a bit more.

• Like 1

Not saying that idea is bad, just showing very possible situation, that would happen after : )

Edited by Wilczan

The main issue imo is: What is longterm more dramatic for the game and the fun for all player on pvp server?

1) The minigame being not played as often as it was used to.

2) PvP beeing such unbalanced that weaker kds don´t have a chance to close the gap and get competive.... ending in people quitting and pvp dying.

For me its 2).

I am new to game, but it looks for me as there are a lot more problems for serious pvp then in other games i played. Wurm is a longterm game. So you cant get competive by grinding a bit stronger or get new players in. Therefor balancing is imo even more important than it is somewhere else. But:

- The priests arent balanced so far as i can judge that atm.

- The best equiq you cant get as weak kd, as material for them is mainly given in pvp battle. In pvp battle your arent competive.

Additional to that this issue is a problem.

Edited by Andruil
  • Like 1

less mission and valrei bugs would be nice.

• Like 2

@Retrograde

What about allowing to convert scenario points into 'Valrei Essence' which could then be used to buy tomes from an NPC at starter towns. This 'Valrei Essence' could even drop from Valrei mobs, giving incentive to actually hunt them instead of the horde we have massing all over the place.

This way no ones effort is going unrewarded. I'm serious when I say I'm tired of wasting many many hours of effort on missions and having it all sneezed on when another kingdom wins. I could be advancing my character in more meaningful ways if I wasn't chasing my tail with missions.

• Like 1