Sign in to follow this  
Shakatra

Hey, I'll be honest.

4 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

You also built quite a few bridges Toey (inside and outside the game) :) 

Yes for that i am thankful,i like the  outside ones the best, some crazy friend builds those massive insane bridges in game ,no they were really fun too :) i miss those big projects

On 3/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, Shakatra said:

The internet was an amazing phenomenon, but I can feel, more and more, that it will not be here forever.

You are sadly mistaken if you truly believe this.

at least if everyone dies then temperature change is no longer an issue

On 3/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, Budzilla said:

There will always be a thing called "the internet', but it's already something completely different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beanbag said:

There will always be a thing called "the internet', but it's already something completely different. 

Agreed. And it stands to change in a major MAJOR way within as little time as a month for people from the EU with article 11 & 13 of the copyright directive. They'll have the final vote this month.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:24 PM, Niki said:

Are you a scientist or just believe what crazy people type? It's helpful to think for yourself, world isn't perfect insects and animals die out, it happens. Human race is not perfect, we learn and attempt to make things right. Reading fear and doubt facebook posts like that is extremely unhealthy for the mind and just spreads the fear to other uneducated minds. I dabble in Eco stuff, it's not great but it's not extinction level or even close to that currently.

Sorry to necro this thread, but this is an important discussion to have. One doesn't need to be a scientist to possess critical thinking, which was my favorite subject in college (though the two pieces you read were both written by scientists, so they are not "crazy people"). I can definitely think for myself. I saw this article today, and it made me feel that it was intended for you to read, "The human race is not special. So why do we think we're immune to mass extinction?"

As Carl Sagan stated, "Extinction is the rule, not the exception."

On 3/5/2019 at 6:34 PM, Budzilla said:

Really? Climate change, the ensuing ecological breakdown, and civilization collapse go hand in hand together. You really don't think there is a chance that one day (possibly in our lifetimes), electricity will not be around?

On 3/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, Beanbag said:

What makes you believe that there will always be internet? Or is it that you just cannot envision anything different from current reality? I firmly believe that people who will survive whatever is coming at us, are ones that are able to think outside of the box and see all possible realities.

Edited by Shakatra