Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

One time skills transfer to Epic

3 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

+1 from freedom to epic

-1 from epic to freedom

If you come at it like that then all Freedom players should be treated like the players that left Freedom/Chaos when Epic was launched, start from scratch. Since that's what is expect of those that want to leave Epic to try or play Freedom/Chaos. It goes both ways or not at all imo.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, BeardedMan said:

If you come at it like that then all Freedom players should be treated like the players that left Freedom/Chaos when Epic was launched, start from scratch. Since that's what is expect of those that want to leave Epic to try or play Freedom/Chaos. It goes both ways or not at all imo.

its about the diferent system for raising skill, not about territory.

Because it doesnt work the same both ways. And you know this, you are just being silly.

2 hours ago, Rathgar said:

its about the diferent system for raising skill, not about territory.

Because it doesnt work the same both ways. And you know this, you are just being silly.

It doesnt work the same way indeed, but why then +1 freedom to epic lol?

Some skills on epic are much harder then they are on freedom cluster...

Drop Epic completely, focus on fixing chaos (seems like most development has stopped completely on it) - Bring back Challenge server - each challenge server had more activity and fun for pvp than anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bramson said:

Drop Epic completely, focus on fixing chaos (seems like most development has stopped completely on it) - Bring back Challenge server - each challenge server had more activity and fun for pvp than anything else.

ok

What with existing accounts? Delete?

• Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 2:06 PM, LorenaMontana said:

It doesnt work the same way indeed, but why then +1 freedom to epic lol?

Some skills on epic are much harder then they are on freedom cluster...

Yes, I read a lot of times the claim that raising the last tier of a skill is harder on epic, and that some actions dont give certain stats the same way they do in freedom.   So ultimately, you are right, both clusters should stay separate forever untill one of them dies out.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:49 AM, Rathgar said:

I read a lot of times the claim that raising the last tier of a skill is harder on epic, and that some actions dont give certain stats the same way they do in freedom.

Sounds like you don't actually know anything about Epic or the players that choose to play Wurm there. It sounds to me like you are just a $#!tty and spiteful person that is trying to dump on a whole group of players because it somehow makes you feel better.

-1 Because we already have enough negativity in Epic we don't need to import it from Freedom

12 hours ago, Maxthx said:

Sounds like you don't actually know anything about Epic or the players that choose to play Wurm there. It sounds to me like you are just a $#!tty and spiteful person that is trying to dump on a whole group of players because it somehow makes you feel better.

-1 Because we already have enough negativity in Epic we don't need to import it from Freedom

Sorry if I offended you with my opinions, but this suggestion affects both clusters.

I am waiting for an apology over those very personal remarks you made.

2 hours ago, Rathgar said:

Sorry if I offended you with my opinions, but this suggestion affects both clusters.

idgaf about apologizing to a guy who clearly just posts in these threads to get attention, and so should Maxthx.

if you would have spent just 5 minutes reading about the difference of the two systems (epic and freedom) you wouldn't have made such dumb posts.

either way, this thread is one of many threads that will just be ignored by staff, cause you know, they do what they want not what the community wants.

• Like 2

On 8.3.2017 at 5:10 PM, Quicktor said:

either way, this thread is one of many threads that will just be ignored by staff, cause you know, they do what they want not what the community wants.

+1

ich brauch keine entwickler, ich stell mir einfach vor wie es sein könnte und verkauf das als roleplay

devs pls... do something

Edited by Army
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rathgar said:

Because you have apologized for any offense given, I will also apologize because I might have over reacted to your comments.

However, I will also inform you about the two specific things (which I quoted in my original post) that set me off.

1) The increased difficulty with improving skills is an extremely well documented and known issue on the Epic Cluster. Basically the game begins to judge your skill at much higher than it actually is, which affects the frequency and magnitude of your skill ticks. So going from 1 to 30 is super easy, 31 to 50 is probably a little easier than Freedom, from 51 to 70 might be the same, but from 71 above its torture. Getting absolutely ridiculous after 90. As a disclaimer, this is entirely my personal opinion. I have not played on Freedom in over six years. So I admit my estimate could be inaccurate.

2) When Epic was launched, there were a number of a changes in how certain stats/skills were gained. I am specifically referring to Body Stamina only be available through Woodcutting and Milling, and that you could no longer get Channeling skill from casting vessel on gems. Both of these restrictions have been removed. So now there is no difference between how skills are gained besides the curve.

These are (or were) two fundamental aspects of playing on Epic which basically everyone that has played there more than a week knows about. When you so casually disregarded them with what I'm going to call both distrust and misinformation, it angered me greatly. Because it is all too common for Freedom players to discuss Epic related content like this. Which is to say, with inaccurate information, condescension, and having very little interest in representing the Epic players. In fact in several cases Epic players are looked upon with scorn or even disgust. And it angers me.

But I apologize for taking out that anger on you when it appears it was undeserved.