Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Troll Spawned Inside Building

I had a Troll Spawn inside my house while I was building the roof. The doors were locked (have been for days) and the house is on deed. First and second floor have already been completed, just missing the top roof. 

There is a mountain next to the house but there is a tile of space between the mountain and the house, so it isn't possible for the troll to fall from the mountain in. Here is the screenshots: 

d162aea0cc6b8ea2ce03f929ab420022.jpg

d34460d3d2ea5d1e7afa837f4e172a81.jpg

Screenshots show that I was on the second floor when attacked and the house had locks on it. Locks are set for villagers so I assume thats why the guards could come in. I can confirm the house is on deed, and that I had no mobs already inside my shop (I didn't have a dominated pet troll, if that is even a thing.)

I was lucky I was actually at the keyboard and not afk or else I would had died.

Let me know if anything else is needed!

• Like 1

Server and deed please?

There is a known issue that critters can enter a building if there is a bridge going into the building.  There are also issues with steep slopes next to buildings.   Do you have a bridge involved in this?

Xanadu - Deed Name is Hunter's Creek. Mayor: Bloodtooth.

No bridge but there is a steep slope next to the building so that might be the case. I find it particularly problematic since it's the only building I have and I have no Spirit Templar.

Edited by Angelklaine

Lock your doors.  Humanoid creatures can walk through unlocked doors - trolls, goblins, etc.

I had logged in once my trader alt mayor to find a troll inside a locked building on a deed surrounded by locked fence, and a fairly flat deed. It can happen, just not that often.

Bridges are the devil though, and will allow animals and trolls into your deed and buildings that are connected with a bridge.

On 2/28/2017 at 1:57 PM, Alectrys said:

Lock your doors.  Humanoid creatures can walk through unlocked doors - trolls, goblins, etc.

Doors were locked. I said that and even provided a screenshot of my locked doors., So that was not the issue.

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Doors were locked. I said that and even provided a screenshot of my locked doors., So that was not the issue.

I had a GM check the area so that I could reproduce it on test to see what was going on.  At the time of the GM visit, all doors to the house were 'unlocked'.  They had locks on them, but the state was unlocked.

Please lock the doors and let me know if you experience animals getting in again.  Any humanoid created can get into a house with doors in the unlocked state.

Have you seen other types of creatures inside the building?  The other issue with bridges at fault usually allows spiders and other creatures in as well.  Please let me know.

Well there is no bridge issues so I don't think that is. To be honest this is the first time I hear about locking doors. I thought they were managed with permissions. And I am damn sure that I have set permissions on the house, or else anyone would be able to walk in. I will take a look and figure out what this "locked" state is and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Anyone is able to walk in if doors are unlocked. What is managed with permissions is everything else than walking in, for unlocked buildings, like picking up stuff or planting stuff and so on. You can't pick up stuff even if you walk in, that is, if permissions are set as such.