Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Looks like 1.3 (open) beta is here

As Brash said, I would strongly advise the beta branch only be used to test mods and existing data.

The live release is not far away, expect more info in tomorrows devblog

I am unclear what Beta means. Does this mean that it's all ready to go, done with testing, and all Wurm Unlimited servers can now update to it?  Or does Beta just mean phase 2 of testing, not yet intended for all WU servers?

Edited by Batta

1 minute ago, Batta said:

I am unclear what Beta means. Does this mean that it's all ready to go, done with testing, and all Wurm Unlimited servers can now update to it?

not quite, beta means it's good to go, but we'll released a pre version, just in case anyone finds any bugs in game that needs to be fixed before we mark this as ready to be used across a wide array of servers.

a beta

a version of a piece of software that is made available for testing, typically by a limited number of users outside the company that is developing it, before its general release.

• Like 1

Once it's released to all, will a Steam update cause my server to automatically update to the latest WU version?

7 minutes ago, Batta said:

Once it's released to all, will a Steam update cause my server to automatically update to the latest WU version?

that I cant help with, as I run a private server from my pc, so someone else could help there...

@Retrogradepie hmm not sure how you will taste LOL

Ok, understood.  It will be my first version update since choosing a server host. Citadel appears to offer only the "Steam update" option in their one-click buttons, so if it isn't that, then I'll have to learn something new again, lol

is the web site broke  almost every thing i click is sorry message.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batta said:

I'll have to learn something new again, lol

learning is good, so many people buy computers but they don't prepare the learning curve that comes with it, and as we get older it's always good to keep learning, keep the mind sharp, that's why I love wurm because it keeps my mind sharp

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, Batta said:

By default the client side is set to automatically update to a released update but not a beta. This behavior can be changed by finding the game in your steam library and going to it's properties. As far as a server goes, if you are using steam for the server on your machine the behavior should be the same default, and you can configure it to use the beta if you prefer. For servers hosted with a third party then it really depends on how they have things set up. Your players will need to be running the same version (released or beta) as the server. Servers that run with many users and mods should probably do some testing with a separate copy of the server running beta (or ideally even new release) software to make sure everything is working correctly before updating the main server.

• Like 1