Sign in to follow this  
PinkishFloyd

Please close

7 hours ago, ozmods said:

is this specific for your site, or can it be used anywhere?? thanks

It can be used anywhere. Just be sure it installed to your wurm directory. I will be adding a better version soon that will detect where the game is installed and set the path accordingly.

Edited by Governor

The new ships have arrived on Requiem of Wurm! 15 new sails for the cog's, corbita's, caravel's, and knarr's. 17 new sails for the sailing boat's. All with 10 different color wood types possible for each sail type! Come build some of these new boats with us :)

20171021170216_1.jpg

Halloween is almost upon us and the creatures are coming to Requiem! New creatures spawning around the map for a limited time.

20171021161326_1.jpg

Edited by Governor
  • Like 2

Hello from Requiem of Wurm, a free Wurm PvE Unlimited server! A fast growing community with plenty of build space available and a great community to help you with your questions. Feel free to come find me at Lychgate Shores south of Marzi's Landing. Still working on the road from here to there and adding guard towers to make your travels safer. North East of Marzi's Landing is a bit more built up and not so wild so if you are looking for safer adventures that may be a good area for you. Lots of events and community things to do or go it alone far away from town. There should be some free rowboats left, they will me marked FREE, so if you want to get away from it all grab one and start sailing. After you have built up a bit please return the boat or build a new one for others to use. Pay it forward!

Look forward to seeing you in game, make sure you say hello!

• Like 3

Hi there!

The crazy crafter/grinder Taita of the Springton deed here (for those of you who have watched GGJ's videos)

I can for sure recommend this server!

The GM's are wonderful friendly and very helpful :)

The content they have added is well done and beautiful.

We have some cool events, arranged by either the GMs or other players...

People are very friendly and helpful, just cry help in the chat and you will get help.

All in all we have a blast, of a time on this server! :P

Drop by and have a look-see.

• Like 3

Great friendly server.

GM's are helpful in game and with getting mods set up.

Tons of places to be able to build.

Mods add a lot of extra content.

All levels of experience are present on the server.

Come check it out! You won't be sorry you did.

• Like 3

I really like this server so far. It may not be the most populated but is extremely well balanced and is a very pleasant community to be a part of. Highly recommended!

~Reisigbundel

• Like 2

I have been playing Wurm for only 2 weeks and this server has been amazing.

Being a new person and trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can...having a strong community of very help people including the GM's is very nice. If you give the server a try you will not want to leave once you get to know a few of the people on it. I highly recommend this server whether your a new player like myself or a seasoned player looking for somewhere new to call home.

• Like 2

Requiem of Wurm is a fantastic server with many unique looking items and creatures.  What really separates this server from the rest is the active GMs both in game and in discord.  They're usually available to answer questions or point you in the right direction.  They also appreciate and greatly consider new ideas to be added to the game (textures, skills, titles, events). If you're looking for a new place to begin your adventure, definitely check out Requiem of Wurm. 

• Like 2

This server is the best wurm server i have seen so far, it has a nice community that is willing to help out any player that asks.. i could go on for hours talking about the nice stuff people have done for me on this server, but i obviously going to keep this short.

I would suggest this server to new plays who want help learning the game or even the veterans who want a nice friendly community.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the help with the barnyard roundup Reisigbundel, soon as your stable is up and pasture is ready we can return the favor! Goes for anyone else, need some help wrangling up some wild horses and cows just let me know, as long as it's not a 4 hour one way trip i'm happy to help. :D

• Like 2

ANNOUNCING: Our first ever Impalong event on Requiem of Wurm! Want some items of yours improved to at least 70 quality?! Come join us this weekend and do just that. December 29-31 only! Check out the event on STEAM to see how it works! Hope to catch some of you there!! :D

• Like 1

I will be looking for a helping hand at developing the server. I will be holding open interviews with people this coming week. If you think you have the skills, start sharpening them now! You WILL be compensated with REAL money. Specifics will be posted later.

• Like 1

Who is ready for another event?! I know we are! Check out the details of Zenea's Fishing Derby here on Steam: HERE

We had one of these last year and MAN was it fun! We had a really nice turnout, too. It's on Sunday, March 11th at 2pm EST (GMT -5:00) We really hope to see you there! :P

• Like 1

Ready for a NEW and different event?

Check out the details and register for our very first Racing Tournament ? on our website: HERE

Our very first Requiem of Wurm Racing Tournament will be held on:
Sunday, April 1st at 2:00 PM EST @ The NEW Event Center Racetrack!
Entry deadline is Friday, March 30th (Register on our website under Events)
Horses ? will be provided to make it fair for
everybody!
Hope to see you
all there and good luck!

• Like 1

Started on Requiem of Wurm a week before Christmas 2017, and have been there since. Nice mods and a great community. :)

• Like 2

New feature - Jousting

Lances are made with a carving knife + log + iron sheet.
Lances are not considered as a weapon for normal WU combat.  A player will default to unarmed combat with a lance equipped.

In order to joust, both parties must do the following....

Have a jousting lance equipped in their right hand

Be mounted on a creature, horses usually

Right click on opponent and choose joust

Charge towards each other!

Jousting is dangerous, wear at least some kind of armor or you will die, a lot.

Players will only take a certain percentage of the damage based on the type of armor equipped in the body location that was hit.

Armor QL has an additional damage reduction effect as well.  i.e.. excellent chain armor will be almost as good as crappy plate.

Armor reduction rates are as follows:

none: 100%

cloth: 90%

leather: 80%

studded: 70%

chain: 60%

plate: %50

dragon leather: 40%

dragon scale: 30%

A jousting area will be constructed at the event center soon. Stop by and try it out when it is set up!

New Commands

You can now find out the server time to better coordinate events, or even just to tell what time it is in Pennsylvania, USA.

/stime

/servertime

Additional commands added to tell your location other than using the regular /location command.

/gps

/coordinates

Misc. Changes

Tower guards and spirit templars models have been replaced with new ones. I will create a poll for everyone to tell me what sort of model they would like to see implemented.

Edited by Governor
  • Like 2

Leaderboards

New Leaderboard Section - Achievements

There are 134 achievements to choose from with a variety of conditions. These achievements have been hand selected out of the nearly 500 in Wurm because they have a counter attached (more than a yes/no).Many achievements have been edited with new names, descriptions, and requirements to make them more functional than their vanilla iteration. Some of these achievements are essentially duplicates, with conditions such as "Kill a Spider" and "Kill 50 Spiders" being some examples. The achievements which are done in multiples will be removed later.

There is now an entirely new section of leaderboards specific to achievements.

• Most Affinities - Leaderboard displaying which players have the most total affinities across all their skills.
  • Most Unique Achievements - Leaderboard displaying which players have the most unique achievements. This is not the sum of all achievements, but rather a counter for how many they have at least one count in.
  • Largest Structures - Leaderboard displaying the largest and most complex structures on the map.

Affinity Orb Rework

Affinity Orb price will be 50 silver from traders.

When using an affinity orb, instead of being a completely random affinity, a new window will appear.

In this window, you will be able to select 1 of 10 random affinities to select.

This change is retroactive and will affect Affinity Orbs that existed before the patch.

Each Affinity Orb's selection will remain exactly the same regardless of where it's used or who uses it.

The Affinity Orb is consumed only if the accept button is used. When you see 10 affinities you can close the window using the X and trade it away to another player. They will also be have those same 10 affinities to select from.

New Item: Affinity Catcher

The Affinity Catcher can be used to "capture" and sell your affinities to other players or characters.

You require a minimum of 3 total affinities in order to use an Affinity Catcher.

To use the item, you must have it in your inventory and activated. Right-click on the skill in your skills window with the affinity you want to capture and use "Capture affinity"

When this is done, assuming you meet the conditions to have the affinity captured, it will absorb the affinity from your character and place it in the catcher. The catcher will automatically rename to "captured X affinity" to signify that it contains the affinity.

To redeem the affinity, simply activate and right click the captured affinity and select "Gain affinity" - the captured affinity will be consumed and you will obtain the affinity it had captured.

Affinity Catchers will be available at traders for 10 silver.

New Item: Eternal Orb

The purpose of this item is to allow players to move their runes, imbues, and enchants from one item to another. While I've had a hard stance against adding something of this nature in the past, I'm introducing it now at high cost due to the new material changes. Forcing players to re-create their highly enchanted, runed, and imbued tools as a new material seems unjustified and un-fun.

Eternal Orbs will be able to be purchased from any trader for 20 silver.

To use an eternal orb, activate the orb, then target the item of choice and use "Absorb enchants"

This will consume the Eternal Orb, create an Enchant Orb, then move any rune, all imbues, and any enchants onto the Enchant Orb.

If the target item does not have any enchants, it will give a message saying so and the orb will not be used.

Eternal Orbs do not transfer rarity.

Item Update: Enchant Orb

With the introduction of Eternal Orbs, there were significant improvements to the functionality of Enchant Orbs.

Enchant Orbs can now handle rune application. If there is a rune on the enchant orb, and a rune on the target item, it will refuse to transfer the rune, and remain on the Enchant Orb.

Enchant Orbs now handle imbue transfers intelligently.

• If there is no imbue on the target item, the imbue will transfer in its entirety like any enchant.
  • If there is an imbue, and the combined total of the imbue on the Enchant Orb and target item are less than 100, it will add them together and apply it to the target item.
  • If there is an imbue, but combining the two would total over 100, the Enchant Orb will only transfer as much as necessary to achieve 100 power in the imbue. The remainder will stay on the Enchant Orb.
  • If there is an imbue already at 100, it will refuse to transfer the imbue and it will remain on the Enchant Orb.

Enchant Orbs will no longer transfer a lower enchant to an item that's already enchanted with that spell. For example, trying to use a 50 WoA Enchant Orb on a 70 WoA item will no longer consume the Enchant Orb and replace the 70 with a 50. It will instead refuse to transfer the enchant and the 50 power will remain on the Enchant Orb.

If there are two conflicting enchants on the Enchant Orb, such as AOSP and Web Armour, it will apply the first one, then negate the second one down the list because it now has a negating enchant.

Enchant Orbs are now only consumed when all of the enchants have been transferred off the orb, instead of when any transfer succeeds.

Enchant Orbs can now transfer enchants to items that used to refuse to accept enchants from Enchant Orbs (like Expand casts to frying pans, forges, etc.)

New Item: Book of Conversion

The book of conversion will soon be able to be purchased off any trader for 5 silver.

This book can be consumed to change religious deity. You will automatically become a priest of the deity you select.

Alignment will update. If you are black light and switching to white light, your alignment will swap to positive. In the other direction, if you select Libila, your alignment will swap to go negative.

The conversion will come at the cost of 10% of your total faith. There is no cooldown.

Decorative Updates

Skulls and Stone/Marble Keystones are now tagged as decorations. You can now place them in areas where there are piles of items and they will not enter the pile of items.

Miscellaneous 

The new meditation abilities now have spell effects associated with them. The amount of benefit you gain from each should be visible from the Spell Effects window. Please note that while Shield of the Gone icon/buff is used for Insanity's new action timer increase, it is not giving damage reduction: it is giving increased action speed. Furthermore, "deity movement speed bonus" is being used for the Hate bonus. Knowledge and Power should be displaying correctly.

• Channeling leaderboard now displays the deity that the player follows. 
  • Animal head can now be eaten and in return have had the decay rate adjusted to that of normal food items.
  • Planks can now be created with a press + wood scraps
  • Shrine of Rush is now able to be crafted with the following items:

Starting Items:

• Activate clay
  • Right-click slab

Additional Items:

1. 1x clay
  2. 100x brass lumps
  3. 100x planks
  4. 10x small nails
  5. 11x slabs
  6. 10x blue flowers

Abandoned Vehicle Removal

An ongoing problem is that players that are no longer playing leave abandoned carts in villages they used to play in. I've implemented a system with an attempt to solve this while being fair to both the player owning the vehicle (if they decide to return) and the mayor/citizens of the village that the vehicle was abandoned in.

• First condition: this system only takes effect if the owner of the vehicle has been logged out for at least 7 days. If this rule is not met, none of the below applies.

• Second condition: the vehicle must be parked within the deed limits. Perimeter does not count.

• Third, and final condition: the person who would like to move the vehicle must be the mayor of the deed. 

I'm putting the responsible usage of this system specifically on mayors, so if the player returns with a complaint, I will be contacting mayors directly to resolve any abuse of this system.

If all of the above conditions are met, the mayor may command the vehicle ignoring any permissions that maybe set to avoid this, including exclusion. This does not enable the open hold permission, and the mayor may not take any items from inside unless given permission. Once aboard the vehicle, the mayor is allowed to move the vehicle to anywhere he chooses. Please be responsible with this system and either move it off deed into an open space, or into an area on your deed open to the public so that the player can retrieve their vehicle if they decide to return. If you, as the mayor, opt to move the vehicle off deed and disembark, you will not be able to re-embark as this would break the second condition. Please be mindful of where you move them. This system is going to be closely monitored and any cases of abuse will be dealt with severely. I highly advise using common sense and erring on the side of caution when moving carts to ensure the player can re-obtain their abandoned vehicle if they decide to return.

Meditation

The timer between Meditating skill gain has been changed from 30 minutes to 1 hour. With this change, I've also corrected a bug/issue (existing in Vanilla WU) where players could go on cooldown and not receive their skill gain tick.

Skill gain for meditation has been significantly increased overall.

Meditation tiles no longer require a flat area under conditions such as near water, rock, etc. Instead, you can meditate on any tile for the following paths to advance or obtain your path:

Insanity: Any tile in a mine.

Knowledge: Any sand tile.

Power: Any rock or cliff tile (on surface).

Hate: Any mycelium, infected tree, or infected bush tile.

Love: Any grass, tree, or bush tile.

Beyond this, the following changes have been made:

Path of Insanity's Shield of the Gone has been removed.

Path of Insanity now grants a permanent action timer haste starting at level 7.

Action timers are reduced by 2% for each level after 6. This will grant a total of 12% reduced action timers at path level 13.

Path of Hate's 50% damage against animals and humans ability has been removed.

Path of Hate now grants a permanent scaling increase to walk/run speed starting at level 4. Speed is increased by 1% for every level after 3. This will grant a total of 9% increased movement speed at path level 13.

Path of Knowledge skill gain bonus now scales from level 7 onwards instead of being locked to level 11. You now gain 5% increased skill gain per level after 6:

• Level 7: 5%
  • Level 8: 10%
  • Level 9: 15%
  • Level 10: 20%
  • Level 11: 25% - Previous Level 11 value
  • Level 12: 30%
  • Level 13: 35%

Path of Power's hidden body stamina bonus now scales from level 7 onwards instead of being locked to level 11. You now gain 5 hidden body stamina per level after 6:

• Level 7: +5
  • Level 8: +10
  • Level 9: +15
  • Level 10: +20
  • Level 11: +25
  • Level 12: +30 - Previous level 11 value
  • Level 13: +35

All new items will be able to be purchased at the Marzi's Landing Exotic Goods Merchant until placed onto traders.

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

Halloween creatures are now roaming the lands! They have a chance for random loot including Strange Bones(a varying rarity), Pumpkin Shoulder Pads, and a Troll Mask. These special creatures also have a chance to drop some delicious candies! Go out and find some ghoulish fun this Halloween ?

• Like 2

Hey everyone! It's been awhile, hasn't it? ?

We've been quite busy behind the scenes here at Requiem, both with real life and working on the server. Many new additions have been made since the last update here.

We have a new website out now that is much more pleasant to browse and is far simpler to view. 

In addition to the new website, we have been hard at work gathering all of the info about custom items, creatures, and features to add to our new Wiki!

If you want to know what cool things we've added, check it out here!

We REALLY hope that you stop by our server to check out all our hard work! See you soon ?

• Like 2

Small update today for the server.

• Gems can now be destroyed with a large maul to form 10 fragments of the gem type. You will gain Gem Crafting skill when doing so up to a maximum of 40 skill. The fragments will vary in quality up to a maximum of the quality of the original gem.

• New players will now start with a scroll of summoning (horse). It can be used one time to summon a horse.

• Dark Pylon will be able to be turned and moved.

• Compasses can now be repaired and improved.

• Changed the name of certain kingdom items to indicate what ones are able to be changed by a Heraldic Certificate. The new name will be "changeable (item)". Example, "changeable wagon".

• Combat Scythe - equal damage to the Battle Yoyo, but hits faster and can parry.

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

I think it's time to announce another event!! How does DOUBLE 2️⃣✖️ skill gain sound?!?! Friday, July 12th at 8am EDT (Server time) through Sunday, July 14th at 8am EDT, enjoy 2X the skill gain AND slaughter to your little hearts desire at our awesome Arena! Hope to see you all then ?

I don't know if any of you have heard.... but DOUBLE SKILL GAIN started a few hours ago!! Let's go!! ?⚔️

• Like 1