Sign in to follow this  
Veldez

Single Player WU villages

So, since Steam apparently disallows running multiple clients at once, is there any way someone playing a strictly single player map can invite other characters into a village? I would like to replicate my WO set-up, with my main character as deed-holder, and a couple of priest alts. I guess I could just give the alts full permissions, but it would be simpler to just add them to a deed as villagers. Also, I can't convert anyone to priest, so......... how would I get a priest started in the first place?

yes it can be done quite easy and with dev approval. The easiest way is to copy the file named steam_appid.txt from one folder to another, i always forget which folder so i usually just drop a copy into all the "main" wurm folders. i think it might originate in the server folder and want a copy added to the launcher folder. With this I can run a 'singleplayer" server then launch 2 3 or even 4 clients at once. it also works on public servers and is usually acceptable to server admins, might ask first to be sure. 

BDew has a post here on it, let me see if I can find it.

edit: found it:

They mention creating a new file but all you have to do is copy the one from /WurmServerLauncher/  and make a copy to  /WurmLauncher/. Some people say after that is sometimes depends what shortcut you use, I usually just have a shortcut on my start menu and use that for all the clients.  

usually you 'get a priest started" by findng and visiting the Alter of Three (White Light beam from heavns) which allows conversion to Vyn, Mag & Fo, though it might also be possible with a GM wand. But I always liked making a real quest out of it  by finding the shrine. Not too hard of you can see the white beam to the north (black one is usually to the south). 

it's also possible to use a mod allowing one character to use all priest spells without restrictions, though I find i enjoy the company of fellow alt characters ^_^ it's included in Ago's Server ModLoader which also has some other handy mods, like making crops never wither. You can pick and choose which mods you want to use.  

• SpellMod: a mod that makes all spells avaible and removes many priest restrictions to make playing a priest with only one character more enjoyable

"

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

7 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Some people say after that is sometimes depends what shortcut you use

The shortcut should be directly to WurmLauncher.exe. If you use the shortcut that steam creates (to steam://rungameid/366220) - this method won't work.

7 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

visiting the Alter of Three

Note that if you play on the Creative map, or a custom map you need "end game items" to be enabled in server properties for it to spawn.

Thank you for the help! I haven't tried multi-clients yet, but I did set up the app id file and a shortcut linking directly to the executable, and that all seems to work.