Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Upcoming changes

Can we get a fix on doors? It bugs me that some other person can go though a door that fysicly is closed for me but open for him. Pressing the fact that this is a stimulation, I hereby demand it being fixed!

;D

You wanna get inside too?  :P

I have received notice that people want more specific information about the upcoming changes so here's a small faq:

Will HotS still have basics on wild, like Gold 1?

No. We will have to come up with the best solution here. One solution is that the account is teleported to wild as usual in case of low reputation but unplayable until you pay premium. Another is that the account is banned a while instead. None feels good so there will probably be some third solution like prisons.

Will there be any deed compensations like when MR was added?

Yes, when the wild server goes premium. Possibly when the new MR home server is added as well but that is undecided.

What will happen to deed holding alts?

They will have to be made premium. The intention has never been that alts should hold deeds. It violates the idea of land hogging limits which are there to ensure that a player can control only so much land without paying for large deeds.

What will happen to storage alts?

They will have to be made premium.

What will happen to prem players that run out of money on wild? & will it be different for different kingdoms?

No players regardless of kingdom on the wild server will be able to log on until they purchase premium. I don't see the problem with this, since it is the same in a lot of other games.

The free to play functionality is to a large portion a trial period in Wurm and it is endless because time limited trials are annoying for a couple of reasons.

There are other political and moral reasons for having and endless free to play functionality as well but they don't bite on the frequent PvP situations that occur on the wild server.

I do not want teleportation to a home server in case you log on when the premium runs out. It is weird and possibly abusable. You have to stand by your decision to play on a premium only server.

When is MR home coming?

Hopefully before the summer which is.. well late June or early July. The old web server is pretty much evacuated but we may want to exchange it for a more powerful machine.

So when is wild going premium and when are full upkeep + deed costs going active so i can move to wild?

how do i make a request for somthing from orical?

Step One: Send me 10 US dollars by paypal. Steps two through ten will be forthcoming then  ;)

A main reason for alts holding deeds is that you can't be in a homestead and a village at the same time. Maybe this is something you can change.

I did not realise that and I concur with the idea that we should have both, for the following reason:

A basic homestead deed gives you 121 tiles and there is no way that a village deed is going to be able to provide the same amount of 'safe' land for each villager which, to me, seems to negate the idea of a community that has its own fields etc.

To me, an ideal situation would be for villager to be able to build their house in the village and then, optionally, have a farm or whatever in the surrounding area.

But, I do understand that 'land grabbing' could be detrimental to the game (I dont foresee that being an actual eventuality tbh since the server areas are so large) so, why not introduce a smaller deed that is maybe 9x9 and can only be purchased by someone who is a villager and must be located within 50(?) tiles of the token.

In the event of the village being disbanded all such deeds would also be disbanded but each one could also be individually disbanded?

WRT Writs

I may be admitting a breach of the rules here, though I hope not:

When Tritus left for Aeldell, I asked a friend to transfer my house writs to my alt Svelte.

Being unable to voluntarily drop writs made that process a bit of a nuisance, since I had to wait 2 days for someone I trusted to log on.

I would have liked to be able to drop my writ and have my alt pick it up.

In the same vein, the Friends List seems inadequate to me since I also had to have my friend add both characters to the writ permissions.

Inability to add non-local or offline characters to my Friends List has several disadvantages, one being that I cannot add someone, subsequently add them to the writ and then travel elsewhere safe in the knowledge that they will be able to access my home when they arrive from wherever N hours or N days later!

Obviously agreement to being on someone's friends list is part of the reason that things work this way. But I am unsure why that has to be the case? Perhaps /invitations turns off that requirement?

When is MR home coming?

Hopefully before the summer which is.. well late June or early July. The old web server is pretty much evacuated but we may want to exchange it for a more powerful machine.

Its that time now. Is it almost ready?

When is MR home coming?

Its that time now. Is it almost ready?

Why is this? You going MR?

lol, no never. Just wondering how its going.

Removed a few posts breaking rules 1,2 and 8.

/Daz

Oh, who's coming over to try to beat the real MR to the dragons?

Oh, who's coming over to try to beat the real MR to the dragons?

already had this discussion, posts got trimmed

Heh, PO's premium ran out. :P

And figures, I miss the posts I actually wanna read because I work. :(

So what if they wanna kill the dragons, it's not up to you.

So what if they wanna kill the dragons, it's not up to you.

Weren't you the guy who was kicked out of Kyara and threatened to quit Wurm because of it?

Wow, that's relevant and not a senseless personal jab at all.

It was an honest question. Maybe not entirely relevant, but an honest question.

It was an honest question. Maybe not entirely relevant, but an honest question.

Personal jab, also I currently reside in Kyara. That's all you need to know.

Edit: Ill explain what happened, I was playing another game the whole week, then got kicked out due to inactivity during the joining period. I said I didn't want to play wurm anymore, but then DM (<3) told me to keep playing... this was half a year ago?

[me=Klaa]activates his autojabber[/me]

JK Drama

Yeah. Bump the thread for that. Totally worth it for some solid RP.