Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International 007

header.png

Lava Fiend by Yldrania

Hi everyone!

Another week down as we move through February, and we continue with some awesome art updates! But first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler
  • Bugfix:  Gold and silver horseshoes now use Jewelry smithing for improving.
  • Bugfix:  Storage unit shelves will now be the same wood type as the external container (last wood type used in creation).
  • Bugfix:  Remove internal components of items from missions.
  • Bugfix:  Add to crafting window option was removed from completed cupboards and storage units.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue where built-in internal components of a storage container did not reflect the rarity of the external container if the container turned rare upon improving.
  • Bugfix: Planted banners and flags limit per tile increased to 4.
  • Bugfix: Fix for items taking a massive decay tick when removed from a decay reduced container after a period of time.
  • Bugfix: Gold rune of Fo will now correctly have a 10% chance of an extra item per harvest for Forestry and Milking actions as opposed to the 10% bonus to skill.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed attaching runes to boats.  Manage permission is required.
  • Bugfis: Corrected an issue where some skills were not using the correct Skill knowledge value for checks when non-prem, allowing them to perform skill limited actions over the 20 skill cap. If non premium all actions requiring higher skill should not be possible.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the Area of Effect for a random prayer heal to the 3 x 3 area intended.
  • Bugfix: Planted herbs and spices will only grow while planted on the ground or in planter racks.

Hella Stylish

Long awaited updates to hell horses and showing off your gear are on their way! With saroman hard at work, studying under Xzibit , he's gotten the best info on just how to bling out a hell horse!

Translation: Saddles and barding will soon be visible!

Leather Barding

Spoiler

leather.jpg

Chain barding

Spoiler

iron.jpg

Gold chain barding

Spoiler

gold.jpg

Cloth Barding

Spoiler

cloth.jpg

That's not all though, can you play spot the difference?

Spoiler

hellHorses.png

Tutorial sprucing up

As you all know a major overhaul of Golden Valley and the tutorial is in the works, but for the short term we've adjusted a few parts of the tutorial deed, Gateways. Adjusting the flow to make the tutorial a little more obvious, as well as a few building additions. We'll continue to look at what we can tweak in the upcoming days and weeks to make sure the current one is as effective as possible until the new one is ready for testing and release

Esert makeover

We've had one entry for the Esert makeover, but that just makes things easy! We'll put up the entry in the Esert thread for you all to review, and choose whether to go with the new one or keep the old, expect to see that this weekend!

Community Content - Masterchef Wurm style!

This week's community content is a little special, because it's the competition to have YOUR recipe wind up in game! Submit your favourite dish, or the meal you loved as a kid, and you could be able to make it in Wurm Unlimted and Wurm Online! We'll be opicking 10 winners from this, and then open up voting to you all to choose the top three! The top three will get their names on the dish in both the Wurm Unlimited and Wurm Online release!

Full details here:

That's it from me this week, I hope you all have an awesome weekend, and as always, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

That's not all though, can you play spot the difference?

*twitch* going to have to expand the deed again to accommodate more hell horses now!

(not complaining tho - will be great :P)

Edited by Kasumi
  • Like 5

Would rather seem more normal horse colours and no hellhorse colours, but the armor looks rad.

im not using cloth on a fire horse, ash barding wont do much good.

LOOKS SICK

• Like 9

Barding looks sweet.

But should there not be a split in the middle for cloth so horse can move?

• Like 1

Well, dead hellhorse have a color type not showing usually, so that's kinda rad. Nice bugfixing, but any news on the broken affinity system or any 'real' overhaul for the rifts?

• Like 1

Wished the bardings were a lot difference from the normal horse

Kinga like Berserk

skull_0066-1.jpg

• Like 1

leather barding on hell horse looks sick :) i might have to start riding horses ;)

Now when does 3rd person camera view become available? :)

Edited by KrisWald

Looks good, I think the metal bardings should glow thou as they would be hot, also maybe a dripping metal particle effect. Would allow for just one metal texture for all metal types. Also noticed the gold horse shoes.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 2

@SugarFoxx I hate to break it to you, but the hell horse stables are going to have to be expanded. Need all the 5speed heck ponies!

Awesome job on the hell horses, @Saroman! I'm so excited about it.

Please please please give us back hitching HH past Aged. And protected horse corpses on Freedom.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ausimus said:

Looks good, I think the metal bardings should glow thou as they would be hot, also maybe a dripping metal particle effect. Would allow for just one metal texture for all metal types. Also noticed the gold horse shoes.

YES

That's some nice endgame content right there, combined with unicorns its definitely making BC a state to up.

Now if only I didn't have to rely on item creation rolls to up my BC.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bugfix: Planted banners and flags limit per tile increased to 4.

It's something, but we still need better options for storing tall banners more effective...

1 minute ago, Grumpysmith said:

What does "Remove internal components of items from missions" mean?

It means missions won't ask you to sacrifice "food compartment" from a picnic basket or a shelf from a storage unit.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, kochinac said:

It's something, but we still need better options for storing tall banners more effective...

Do they maybe fit in the new large storage? I haven't tried but will test it today.. It's an idea.

nice that horse shoes have a look now or is this just HH?

All horse-like critters that wear shoes should show the shoes (with different colours for gold and silver).

• Like 1

• Bugfix:  Gold and silver horseshoes now use Jewelry smithing for improving.

How was that a bug fix. I don't know any jewelry smiths that can make me a gold horse shoe.(and most them would stop talking to me) I know smiths that can make me w/e type of metal horse shoe though.

EDIT: if you arm't going for logical smithing fine but really it isn't a bug fix.

Edited by shankiest

2 hours ago, Joelle said:

Do they maybe fit in the new large storage? I haven't tried but will test it today.. It's an idea.

[22:47:36] The Horde of the Summoned tall kingdom banner will not fit in the shelf. To my knowledge, they can't fit anything, not sure if runes help....

And also it looks like the shelf wood type mismatch is kept on storage units made before fix and afects only the ones made after fix or i'm mistaken?

Can I just point out that cloth barding should burn on hell horses...

Jus' saying

• Like 2