Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Gender Swap - Alright, Let's Do This!

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

The only reason I was against this.. is because one of the things I liked about the game is that your choices mattered for something, but that keeps changing.:unsure:

#wogic2017

Choices do matter in wurm, what skills you pursue shape your gameplay, every dirt you dig and brick you place changes the world around you, you have an impact on the game in such a profound way that is not seen in any other MMO.

Considering accounts are bought and sold means those who own the account never even made the choice, and this limits their abillity to immerse themselves in the game and feel more connected to the character.

Adding the ability to change gender will actually allow players who have never felt connected to their character due to a difference in gender to fix that and begin to form an attachment to them, and the choice they make to change gender will matter to them far more than you.

After all, what's a pixel or two when someone feels happier with their toon?

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Choices do matter in wurm, what skills you pursue shape your gameplay, every dirt you dig and brick you place changes the world around you, you have an impact on the game in such a profound way that is not seen in any other MMO.

Considering accounts are bought and sold means those who own the account never even made the choice, and this limits their abillity to immerse themselves in the game and feel more connected to the character.

Adding the ability to change gender will actually allow players who have never felt connected to their character due to a difference in gender to fix that and begin to form an attachment to them, and the choice they make to change gender will matter to them far more than you.

I agree. But your 2nd paragraph contradicts the first one, the very first thing you do in wurm when you start playing is choosing how your character looks, and gender selected during registration(which is a bit confusing and maybe intended by Rolf or whoever wrote the registration..) for the newly created character.

Which now being changed. It's one of the core things that make the character what it is. When buying a character.. buyer often doesn't have much choice with name or looks of the character or old backstory of it, they buy it for the skills it possesses. If the character is a good, same as a brick or a torch, shovel even... we weren't able to change on a whim creator's name, color or creation material, now there's an option to do that with characters. Which is something major and noticeable as we interact with these goods every day.(well most do whatever they do day and night on their deeds) but at game events where players meet, there will be slight confusion.:unsure:

It doesn't really affect me, it's just confusing to see Jon as Jenna tomorrow, but still be named Jon:mellow:(parents.. wt*);

First few encounters with people you knew before to look one way... will be now looking differently, but all will fade soon enough, whatever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That's cool you guys care about us now. Seriously though how come silver mirror got nerfed then? I can't change my haircut pls add in a way?

I sense some deeper things that are disturbing, not the mirror. :) Good job on the campaign again.  It doesn't break the game but makes plenty of people happier and less anxious about the future. 

• Like 1

Idea...

Since it's very hard to trade starter mirrors to change your appearance, make it special mirror you can purchase for 5s or 10s from a merchant that a character can only use once every 6 or 12 months.  That special mirror will allow you to change gender and also change your appearance.  I do like the idea of not everyone being completely white so we have a more dynamic view of characters in Wurm with more skin tones to choose from.

I'm aware some feel that there are other cosmetic options that are important as well, such as skin colour.

That said, this thread is about one specific issue, please do not derail it or disagree simply because your desired option has not been implemented, such posts will be considered off topic and removed as such,

If you'd like other options implemented, feel free to make a new thread, and obey the rules.

• Like 4

Good change

Edited by Redd

Wait.... this is really coming?! Yay!!

Im not super concerned about all the cosmetics, i just want my toon to be correct gender. Tyty, now the patient wait.....

• Like 1

Yeah, they announced golden mirrors in cash shop soon.

if ur gonna add stuff to cash shop add bear cloaks and eye patches also.

this should be a feature on a regular mirror.

Why isn't the golden mirror out yet?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Niki said:

Why isn't the golden mirror out yet?

Edited by Xallo

+1 you should make a choice later in game life and identify as you want

+1 to OP

On 27/04/2017 at 0:27 PM, Alexgopen said:

Activate scissors, right click body

+1 to haircuts

+1 to hair growth potions as well (alchemy love anybody?)

Don't want to see this at the bottom! +1!

Edited by Wiolo

Well :P It's working but still not implemented and I'm sort of tired of waiting now. So BUMP.