Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Gender Swap - Alright, Let's Do This!

Based on my base thread in Community Assistance, here is the suggestion: Let Us Swap Genders.

This is based on my current situation - I've accidentally created and prem'ed a character with the wrong gender... and unfortunately it's my main: Yldrania. What is supposed to be the Elven leader to an Elf-Inspired deed design is now instead of a pretty woman, a harsh looking man. Well, I love my male alts with their red eyes and black beards but on this particular character I NEED a gender swap.

This could be a paid service, restricted to once per account or what not, even restricted to specific support requests with GM's is possible - any restriction is alright but please make it possible.

Apparently this is actually super easy to do by changing a simple line of code, since the mechanic exists in the game already. 

I say: Wurmians, let's make gender swaps possible. 

So, let's discuss this :P

Base Thread:

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

instead of a pretty woman, a harsh looking man.

I shudder at the thought.

+1 from me, don't see why not.

• Like 2

But this raises the question, what washroom will your chr use?  :P

+1 as a paid service that has a limit.

• Like 3

I don't know if I care one way or another about this, but what you are really requesting is a whole new remap of the character.   Simply changing from male to female isn't enough, you will need to go through the process of redoing the complete appearance of the charactor.  You want a silver mirror in addition to the gender  change or your going to have one ugly woman.

• Like 5

To avoid ugly comments and behavior from people who think this is hilarious, it should probably be a GM based action, though I think using with the mirror makes sense, if people could act like adults. 

• Like 4

Heh, been lobbying enough for that change since a while,

+1 for gender / face / name changes (with restrictions if needed). it's 2017 gdi!

• Like 2

Used to be able to just type /gofemale (something like that) and you'd change to a female if you were a male, one time only and couldn't change back. I'd like the option to edit my toon and as mirrors can't be traded anymore and there's no option for changing genders I'd don't see why we couldn't have a paid option.

+1

• Like 6

+1 just add mirrors in the traders for 5s or something, and let that have a change gender option.

• Like 6

+1

Put mirrors on the traders and let Name/Gender change (with complementary mirror) be a paid service.

• Like 2

Did they ever remove the gender-based Valeri sorcery stuff? And I've heard word it effects player ID, so might hit your food affinities too.

There's issues before this could be implemented, but a nice little touch. +1.

Yes, of course. In a game where you build your character for years, so you can't just swap your main and can't even change name, these cosmetic details should be available to us. Mirror for 5s on traders sounds good. Another mirror-like thingie that allows gender swap could be there too.

I don't see any harm, and it may bring some money, I guess.

• Like 1

+1 with a mirror

+1 to adding mirrors

-1 to people trying to stick name change to gender swap suggestion.

• Like 10

On 2/23/2017 at 11:28 AM, Greyfox said:

But this raises the question, what washroom will your chr use?  :P

+1 as a paid service that has a limit.

The bush on the left instead of the bush on the right.

21 hours ago, faty said:

+1 just add mirrors in the traders for 5s or something, and let that have a change gender option.

• Like 1

+1

My Fo priest is a female trapped in a male body and its damaging to her well being.

• Like 1

Other people's gender identity sure ain't nona mah business,

+1

On 24/02/2017 at 0:45 PM, Rathgar said:

-1 to people trying to stick name change to gender swap suggestion.

Heh, seeing i'm the only one to point out that's something common on most MMo, i wonder if i should be flattered or take offense.

The whole bundle (or specific changes) are offered almost everywhere. You can want to change your character gender because ###### happened at the creation start, change it's gender now because girls look better (or others reasons - not here to discuss gender identification or whatever) and then might want to adjust others parameters like the name.

And obviously, if you change your gender, you will need to change your face seeing that wurm randomness is horrible (unless you always wished to look like an alcoholic old hag).

Those changes being tied together, it was worth mentionning as a whole. No point to go further in derailing the thread though.

So lets do a big :

+1

and stick at that (for now ).

• Like 1