Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: PayPal back online!

WSA.png

We’re pleased to confirm that PayPal transactions are back up and running, all purchases should be processed within the next hour and will return to their usual speed from now on. We appreciate your patience during this time.

-The Wurm team

• Like 9

It seems the problem is back. I purchased premium for my wife 3 hours ago (I have the PayPal e-mail confirmation), but the premium has not been added to her character. Can you verify, what the problem is?

It would be unrelated to this issue. It can sometimes take a bit for paypal to notify us of the transaction (they send you your receipt but for some reason take a while to let us know)

If nothing has come through in the next few hours email payment@wurmonline.com with the transaction ID and player name/email

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. It got me worried that the problems are back, but it got processed through the night and now it's been updated. All fine here now, luckily :).

Is paypal broken again getting message not working at the moment.

2 hours ago, Becket said:

Is paypal broken again getting message not working at the moment.

At what stage of the transaction are you receiving this message? I can't see anything when attempting one here. Does the transaction go through?

29 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

At what stage of the transaction are you receiving this message? I can't see anything when attempting one here. Does the transaction go through?

Just tried again it happens at processing.

Will see if anything is occurring our side, it's not the same issue though, as that issue allowed transactions to pass, just didnt apply the premium time as paypal wasn't communicating with our servers.

Just had a paypal problem (starting about an hour ago) trying to pay with paypal but it's resolved now evidently. Maybe related (or not)

Not sure what the problem was, but was very strange and not Wurm related as far as I can see.  Wurm store transaction kept getting hung up and wouldn't connect.  I tried to connect directly to paypal with my sign-in bookmark, kept getting a server-can't-be-found message.  Tried google link for paypal, same thing. Flushed dns cache, no help.  Tried ping and tracert, neither could reach the site.  But upon checking, paypal servers were up and running with no problems.  I was able to reach any web sites but paypal.  Called paypal and no problems on their end. They suggested it was something to do with my internet provider or malware blocking.  Full scans with Malwarebytes and Avast showed nothing. Calling provider was next step but it started working again so I ended up not calling them.

Anyway, it's working now (for me) so thought I'd post as a FYI. Basically I was told to check with my provider to see if they're blocking the website for some reason, and to check my comp for malware blocking.  In my case, it simply started working again, for whatever reason.

Edited by Amadee

On 4/7/2017 at 2:22 PM, Amadee said:

Just had a paypal problem (starting about an hour ago) trying to pay with paypal but it's resolved now evidently. Maybe related (or not)

Not sure what the problem was, but was very strange and not Wurm related as far as I can see.  Wurm store transaction kept getting hung up and wouldn't connect.  I tried to connect directly to paypal with my sign-in bookmark, kept getting a server-can't-be-found message.  Tried google link for paypal, same thing. Flushed dns cache, no help.  Tried ping and tracert, neither could reach the site.  But upon checking, paypal servers were up and running with no problems.  I was able to reach any web sites but paypal.  Called paypal and no problems on their end. They suggested it was something to do with my internet provider or malware blocking.  Full scans with Malwarebytes and Avast showed nothing. Calling provider was next step but it started working again so I ended up not calling them.

Anyway, it's working now (for me) so thought I'd post as a FYI. Basically I was told to check with my provider to see if they're blocking the website for some reason, and to check my comp for malware blocking.  In my case, it simply started working again, for whatever reason.

One thing you can try is a Google search for "Is Paypal Down" - there are a number of sites with varying accuracy that rely on user reports to detect issues with websites. With today's Internet, one website is most likely load-balanced and distributed across many servers in varying regions to provide the most up-time. What often happens is the server closest to you has issues and the fail-over doesn't kick in to route you properly or the routing just takes a while to update. Anything more beyond this would be between you and your provider or you and PayPal. If you have issues accessing PayPal's website, there's not likely much we can do from our end.

A transaction failure we may be able to help with is when your payment goes through on PayPal's end, but it doesn't on our end. That's when you should reach out for support as there may be an issue with the communications channel between us and PayPal or some other issue. Keep in mind that this is usually instantaneous, but the Internet often has other plans at times. It's usually best to give it a good hour before asking for help.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this