Sign in to follow this  
shikohadou

Mining - Adding more features

Mine Rock or ore, then add the option to mine the tile, which would take roughly 5 minutes to destroy, but adding the option to mine one tile in such a way might be interesting since the long task of clicking one tile 50 times can be rather annoying after mining to like 90 skill.

Also adding a rail system to drag wooden mine carts to the surface would be cool. or even mining carts which are more designed to take loads of rock and ore to the surface and might require to players to move when full? ( second time iv suggested this.)

Edited by shikohadou

sorry but i dont see this happening at all.

the game rules state that players should actively attend their sessions. so adding a way to afk-mine ore does not seem like a suggestion that would be considered.

as for the mine carts. i dont really see a use for this. most people go mine with a wagon full of crates for shards or with a bsb and a smelter for lumps now that you can load full bsbs.

If you mean a seperate action that allows you to mine out a tile in one 5 minute long action, I dont see why that wouldn't be too unreasonable if the requirement was at a certain mining skill level perhaps. It would make tunnel making a bit easier and less tedious, which I think is just one of the steps wurm must take in order to make the game a little more friendly to potential newcomers if it wants to do better at retaining players. It could be like the level action for mine floor tiles.

Mine carts would nice.

Edited by Madt

bleh, double post. :P

Edited by Madt

an efficient miner can mine out a tile in like 3.5 mins, I think a 6 minute time would accommodate the semi-afk players (like myself) better because i dont always play one toon or one game at once. and it wouldnt be OP as you are sacrificing a lot of time.

Mine carts could use the siege shield mechanic, and you have to push them every tile.or something, not needed tho tbh.