Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Mini Games

+1. Would help toy making skill be a little more useful.

• Like 1

Would be nice playing reversi at an impalong

• Like 1

Monthly bump!

Setup monthly tournaments that people can travel to that is hosted at different deeds.

Edited by nicedreams

I really would love to see this implemented. Some suggestions how this could be added and enrich the game we love:

Chess board, created with stone cutting, built into small table similar to bedside table, great for a library or hall

mQAgset.png

Bone dice, bone harvested with butchering from certain animals, based on carving knife skill for creation, nice pass time waiting on Rifts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjsnRFiY2t9uMDe5xuVZV

Card games made with papyrusmaking and several colors of ink/dye, nice to keep in your pocket for that occasional game in a pub/inn

dc124c220d3cf5c77e2042cac35bd4df--cartom

• Like 1

Marble chess/checkers table.... a game room... the possibilities are quite freaking endless

• Like 2

There's an impalong coming up and be a really nice addition to Wurm at that time.

I'm guessing mostly Sindusk working on PvP modifications (thank you my man (and rest of the team)) so any interested other developer interested in adding, if not redoing textures?  If this takes any effort away from PvP then please....wait.

+1 id love to take my own set of chess pieces to a mini chess tournament to pass the time while at a rift or a other event or just at random and yes make them be tied to toymaking so that that skill becomes more useful again

• Like 2

This is a good idea, I dont know many who use the puppets and yoyos from the toy making skill. We already have the skill implemented, even if it's a place only item, like to setup a table, place tiny statuettes for chess, or iron/copper coins for checkers. We just need a game table. It doesn't have to be a popup like trade. Dice would also be a nice feature, when placed they "roll" a random number. Card games could be harder as they would need to flip and probly have a ingame menu for them. But it would be nice to collect cards or play something while we wait for events. I always like the fallout caravan cards, collect randomly, trade and play.

Just thought of this, make dominos, can be played on any table or floor... made from marble.

Edited by ZeldaGold

Dice. 

• Add a leather game mat, a dice cup, small dice bag, and  set of 7 dice to the game. 
  • Craft a leather dicing game mat. Dice mat may be laid on the ground or on any table.  Players who wanted to join would take the dice from a small leather dice bag and place the number of dice needed for the game they are joining into their dice cup in their inventory.  Activate dice cup, and then right click the dice mat to join game. Game initiator (mat owner) would have option to set allowed number of players at start of game.
  • Game mat can be laid on a table, or on the ground.
  • Each player must own their own set of dice.
  • Players can add as many dice to their cup as the game they choose to play requires, up to 7.

From there the community will come up with their own games and rules. Dice have been around forever.  No rules or other details need to be placed in the game, just the dice, dice bag, and a set of dice crafted from the materials of your choice.  Would be nice if they could be crafted from just about all materials in the game, and the cup for them as well.

Similar mechanic can be employed with chess and checkers.  Players craft their own set of pieces to use and carry with them to play. 

• Craft a game piece set of your choice (dice, chess, or checkers- and of course other games pieces as other games are added to this feature).
  • Craft a leather game mat.  Game initiator (mat owner) chooses game to be played at the time the mat is laid, and sets number of players allowed to join when a dice game is being played.
  • Game mat can be laid on a table or on the ground. (Players can sit in chairs placed around a table and still access the game mat).
  • Each player can use their own game piece set, or borrow one provided by the board owner.

As mentioned, players can of course carry extra pieces on them to share with other players who don't have pieces, but each set of pieces would need it's own leather pouch to carry it in.  No logic would be needed to be added to the game to make the games work (as has been suggested with other posts on this subject), we just need a game mat where the game that is to be played can be chosen when the mat is placed, upon which the game piece set can be placed and pieces moved during play, and that can be "joined" by right clicking when proper game piece set is activated in player's inventory.

And of course, the means to craft the pieces for the various games that could be played on it.  I would recommend a high lvl of skill be required for the crafting of nicer dice sets, and better looking checker and chess sets as well (should they ever find their way into the game).  Perhaps the higher the quality of the pieces, the better the set looks.

Community is a key part of the Wurm experience.  Something like this would be a fantastic step toward enhancing that aspect of the game.

Humbly submitted for consideration...

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Hmm, got me thinking Thalius, quite interesting notion, why would we need separate game windows and stuff. What if we could make chessboard of the right size put it on the table and players just move figures with place option, it would be so immersive ? 

The biggest issue I can see with that is how playable it would be and get right size of figures so it's visible and easy movable while standing or sitting at table. No need to regulate rules or anything just give us boards and figure pieces. I suppose placing would need to be tweaked with entering into some micro mod of placing following the fields on the board. 

BUMP!  And +1!

Please add playing cards!  I want to play card games with my villagers at times.  Good way to get to know new members and extend that friendly community feel.

Also makes the game feel less dead when people do stuff together!   I can't commit to a long hunting session or major project most of the week, but I'd leave my castle to play some cards with the locals anytime!

Give us more non-grindy activities!  Especially cards!

I am still absolutely in love with this idea and the additional social aspect it could bring to the game. Please give us more reasons to come together apart from stabbing things in groups.  ❤️

• Like 1

Bump.

Games don't have to have logic since it's a sandbox and just be where you can right click a board that we can see zoomed in and move pieces around manually.  It would create some interesting various rule sets too since can do anything on the board and pieces if want to get creative with custom games.

Have board and pieces that can travel with in inventory and be played while in boat with someone or standing near them.  Throw the game on the ground or in a bag in the boat and start playing.  Add new decor of a game table with board built into the table with larger pieces that can be moved with "place" feature.   Maybe have the board game be a box with board on top that you store the pieces inside of so it's a set.  Like a lunchbox or fishing bait box.

At least have Chess and Checkers, but other games would be fun also.

Chinese Checkers

Backgammon

Go

Yahtzee

Sorry

Trouble

Dominos

Dice