Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Mini Games

I thought I made a post about his looong time ago, but can't find so I'll post it again.

There are times when with groups of people waiting around and can't do much, but wait.  Sometimes standing around waiting for others to get ready to meet up.  Most of the time I keep a fishing pole to fish, or can do some quick carpentry grind, but there is no interaction with the others that are waiting with me.

I remember when I played Ultima Online you could craft games or buy them from vendors.  These games had no logic and were just board games and pieces that people had to setup.  Games like Chess, Checkers, Backgammon and Dice in a Cup.  The game wouldn't keep track of anything, just raw pieces with a window that popped up where you can move the pieces around the board.  If the devs could put logic into the games then that's cool too.  We carried around dice for loot rolls, but I know Wurm has /random.

Be fun at imp-alongs and get-togethers also.  Another idea would be to mail the board game to another person like "chess by mail". :P  Send the game back and forth.  Something to look forward to in the game.  Interaction with others.

As long as it's a physical game that can be carried around or put on a table (floor in Wurm) and play with others.  Just thought could make a table that has a check board built into the table itself.

df_dc_chess2.jpg

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 12

Some mini games in game would be neat.  As you say for those times when you and other players are in game but just waiting around.  
I'm no Chess master(Actually I suck at it) but being able to play against another player at an impalong would be neat, or in the hours before a Rift.
Could even invent some new games for Wurm, or use some more obscure games.

-1, I already spend too much times with minigames ( look at the new cooking mechanics!!!!! it is like playing chess trying to bake ) - I do not need another one :P

I want the dev to focus on fixing some much needed TLC versus making something we do not need at this time

Edited by Bramson

I would love to be able to craft dice, cards, and etc.

/random was initially going to be a good step in that direction, as such a feature was kept out for years due to legal concerns.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

hate to down vote this, but tbh I have too much going on as it is, buildings, waiting for grapes to grow, learning the new cooking system, ...

On 2/20/2017 at 2:06 AM, ozmods said:

hate to down vote this, but tbh I have too much going on as it is, buildings, waiting for grapes to grow, learning the new cooking system, ...

You guys make no sense at all.  Like you have to down vote it because you have too much to do already?  How is that even a response to the suggestion.  And then "make your own".  No ###### and I would if they were in the game to make.  So if they made a checker game in this game for others then you are forced to start using it while you grind on your deed?  I swear Wurm community been getting worse and worse.  That's why I don't post much anymore on forums.

• Like 5

+1 if you have to craft them yourself.

Black and red dye + papyrus for cards... 52 pieces of papyrus, about 1l of each ink (yes, YUGE deck... just to keep some difficulty alive).

16 Pawns, 4 Rooks, 4 Knights, 4 Bishops, 2 Queens, 2 Kings, 1l black dye, 1l white dye, 4 planks, 1 small nails: Chess Board.  Replace those chess pieces for 32 wood tokens to make a checkers one.  Similar for a backgammon...

"#!%!%!%load of wood scraps + press to make dartboard face, combine with a few planks, green and red dye, a few nails and feathers to make the darts, treat with same mechanics as archery practice.

55 troll teeth for 9-9 dominos.

• Like 4

I have a lot to do as well, but, uh, not everyone does, and I'd love some kind of game to play with other Wurmians, even if just at impalongs. I suppose there's some concern about games leading to gambling, so maybe no cards or dice, but we need chess or another board game!

Always loved omok in maplestory.

certain mobs had omok pieces as a rare drop from kills, and you needed 100 of two different types of omok pieces, and an omok board to make, was so proud of my set.

Minigames would be a lot of fun, and also be a great excuse for why i spend most of my time standing still

• Like 10

We used to have a large chessboard outside of DNPA, even had chess pieces made with statues. Unfortunately that is long gone at this point.

25 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Always loved omok in maplestory.

certain mobs had omok pieces as a rare drop from kills, and you needed 100 of two different types of omok pieces, and an omok board to make, was so proud of my set.

Minigames would be a lot of fun, and also be a great excuse for why i spend most of my time standing still

Mushroom-Slime Board was my pride and joy.  (so many hours grinding)

+1 for ingame minigames, it helps pass the time when trying to wait for favor regen or folks to meet up.

Hoping they could add dice since we have /random already which is almost the same thing except have a set to carry around for backgammon.

Double click board game you want o play, right click on person and chose "play game".  Board game pops up on screen and you go from there.

Allow us to use while on the ground.

At least one person has to have the game with them to be able to play with someone else.

Make table sets also since we can't put things on tables as of current.  Be nice new decor item we can pull chairs up to.  (A table that would be actually used for once.)

Would like having raw board and raw pieces to move around.  Make the games without logic so its more realistic and no automatic part of it.  If you screw up you screw up or someone corrects you.  Not the PC.  If you feel like lining the checker pieces up differently to make a new game then do it.  No snap to square so can be moved on lines.

Certainly crafted by us. Not something appearing out of the game, but items we craft, which allow whatever - like make and put down visible tables, make and move pieces.

I wasn't sure at first, but after reading the comments I think I actually like this idea. +1 good suggestion, @nicedreams! Out of the box.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:06 AM, ozmods said:

Lol you have so much going on no one else should have mini games!!

+1 I am all for mini games as described by the OP that can be played or not if people want to do so. I however do not want mini games tied to tasks.

• Like 1

I swear if legitimate changes are put in the dark to add minigames...

Nicedreams some of these youngins saying no or down voting is because 2 things... 1 they never had the chance to play UO in its prime like we have so they wouldnt have any idea how much fun it was when just messing around to play one of the games at the tavern while waiting for everyone to meet up.. 

And 2 those saying they have to much to do already are selfish people not understanding they dont have to take part if they didn't want to... But I'd be willing to bet IRL money that if mini games like that made it into thd game these same people saying no would be playing them as well.

To the devs about this suggestion. This is a java game so I'm sure there could be some integration to already made game launchers on the web that are also java ran. Or just try and do what UO did and put all them in game (think reward items) people will enjoy it... Make different games and pass them out for a reward or some kind.

• Like 1

+1 (kinda another suggestion for another time, but allow them to be put on tables to play with friends) 

Bump!  Was thinking about this again bored standing next to someone waiting for someone else which was taking forever.  Fishing is boring with others.