Sign in to follow this  
Czar

2000 bricks to a bsb

I suffer from OCD and every time I fill up a bsb with bricks I start twitching, pulling my hair out and foaming at the mouth and then I go find a puppy to kick. Please change it from 1999 bricks to 2000 for the sake of OCD sufferers and puppies everywhere. Thx

Edited by Czar
  • Like 7

+1 I feel that this tiny little change could really help.

Wurm is a game in which a lot of the players are very obsessive with their deed order - myself included. I frantically plan every little detail of my deeds and nothing can go in any way that isn't according to that plan I set. In a game like this, a lot of older and rather mature people play, but with the game's features of being very calming and soothing and extremely slow paced, while providing a lot of variety and the opportunity to actually feed that compulsive need for order in one's deed design, I feel that the game is extremely suitable for people who suffer from mental disorders, including OCD. The game has an option to reduce spiders to a glob of goo for people who are afraid of spiders, and I feel that with a rising amount of people suffering from OCD, the amounts of materials in storage containers should receive a work-over. 

In such a work-over, 1999 bricks can be changed to 2000, 853 dirts or rock shards could be changed to 850 or 900, and we could just have nice round numbers for every material in every container. It would make a lot of our lives a lot more pleasant in the game by taking away these little things that are a huge annoyance to us.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Like 1

It's based on volume, not count.it's not possible to mix and match what can be placed in. If OCD is an issue crates can be used, or you could simply store a round number instead of maxing it out

• Like 3

Speaking of volume. Volume of brick = 8.00, max volume of bsb = 16000, theoretical max bricks in bsb = 16000/8 = 2000, actual number of bricks that fit in bsb = 1999, volume 8.00 left over.

WHYY

sad-puppy.jpg

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Czar said:

Speaking of volume. Volume of brick = 8.00, max volume of bsb = 16000, theoretical max bricks in bsb = 16000/8 = 2000, actual number of bricks that fit in bsb = 1999, volume 8.00 left over.

+1

2 hours ago, Czar said:

sounds more like it's a bug then.

• Like 3

Always figured this was some kind of bug as mentioned above.

It is indeed a bug, in this method:

public boolean hasSpaceFor(final int volume) {
        return this.isInventory() || this.getContainerVolume() - this.getUsedVolume() > volume;
    }

The check should be >= not >.

• Like 8

the odd numbers always seemed off to me, like someone set the size wrong, fix that math

On 2/18/2017 at 3:27 PM, Czar said:

WHYY

sad-puppy.jpg

Math doesn't add up - +1 needs to be fixed 16000 volume = 2000 bricks.