Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

moving bee hives

once a bee hive has "residents" can it be moved onto deed, or will that disturb the bee hive?

i'm starting to get 2-3 bee hives on an area now, that has been migrated from wild bee hive, and I want to know can I move the domesticated bees onto my nearest deed, without buggering things up?

thanks

As long as it is a player made bee hive; Ligth bee smoker, load into cart, move it, unload, win. :)

yep it's one of mine, i'll wait until the second and third hive are domesticated before moving,

thanks

probably want to make sure there is sugar or honey inside, i hear they might starve  if there is none

(based on rumors and hearsay not actual experience)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Ah, and I think I heard that moving a noicy hive is not good, better move in the active stage.

I haven't moved any yet, and i'm not referring to the "wild bee hive" i'm referring to the player made one...

You can't move wild bee hives.

We all talk about domestic ones.

Domestic hives also get noicy when they produce an extra queen.

If you want to know more about bees there are topics about it here in forums also.

You can move noisy aswell, or atleast ive done it many times without that having an impact on the bee hive.

they're "active" so I think for now i'll just leave well enough alone..

If you move a noisy hive, and the server 'notices', you'll lose the extra queen; not a big deal, as so long as the conditions are right, another will be along soon.  This check is done as part of tile polling, so it's a bit hit and miss whether you get it; the longer the hive is in your transport, the more chance there is.  If there's no honey in the hive when you move it, put some sugar in instead.

43 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

If you move a noisy hive, and the server 'notices', you'll lose the extra queen; not a big deal, as so long as the conditions are right, another will be along soon.  This check is done as part of tile polling, so it's a bit hit and miss whether you get it; the longer the hive is in your transport, the more chance there is.  If there's no honey in the hive when you move it, put some sugar in instead.

So the server hasnt noticed any of my 8 noisy hives ive moved then? :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Thanks for that info, im thinking maybe moving all my player made hives that are active into the middle of my winery, where there will be loads of grapevines and maple trees, i have 24 bee hives and well over 100 wild hives on the map, but ove only spotted maybe 20-25

You need to place them with some space between for optimal harvest of honey and beeswax.

9 hours ago, Cecci said:

You need to place them with some space between for optimal harvest of honey and beeswax.

Oh yeah thereis like 200 x 100 tiles wide so there willbe tons of room for them.