Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Large Crate Storage Rack

With all these new storage racks popping into the game, I have to suggest:

c5cecf01567340b593684ddb85a6ad32.png

Large crate storage option? Pretty please?

• Like 9

And a smaller one for all the small crates. Make small crates great again! :ph34r:

Thats a +1 from me.

Edited by Nordlys

+1 :D Cause why not. Can make serious warehouses then! 

9 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Just one corner of my shop, we need!

g6MBDLa.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you TOC Lag: Exhibit A.

Edited by Joelle

While I love the idea of a large crate storage rack, I also doubt it would happen.

However keeping in line with most of the other racks, I think a small crate storage rack would be totally within the guidelines.

Holding 30 small crates.  This could be the cost of great storage.  Only using small crates and not large.

Crate storage rack... you mean a Knarr? :D

How would we get the crates on the shelves? Wouldn't we have to.... embark... the shelf?

Other than that issue,

+1

Edited by drvst

25 minutes ago, drvst said:

Crate storage rack... you mean a Knarr? :D

How would we get the crates on the shelves? Wouldn't we have to.... embark... the shelf?

Other than that issue,

+1

Could use the new dragging method. Have the crates loaded into a vehicle then drag them from the vehicle to the shelf.

51 minutes ago, Joelle said:

Could use the new dragging method. Have the crates loaded into a vehicle then drag them from the vehicle to the shelf.

this!!!!!

I have a big bunch of crates here and there - and two caravels plus a corbita full of them as best (but cumbersome) current storage method.

1 hour ago, drvst said:

Other than that issue.

You can, as we speak, drag crates and other containers between inventories (i.e from a wagon inventory to a knarr inventory). I cannot see why you shouldnt be able to do the same from a wagon to crate rack.

Or there can be shelfs which you can activate, then right click crate and load.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

I have a big bunch of crates here and there - and two caravels plus a corbita full of them as best (but cumbersome) current storage method.

We have a caravel on our mountain deed for storage as well, but a rack for storing crates would fit the theme of storage updates we've had recently and it would be useful for places you can't easily put a cumbersome ship--like a smithy or something.

Edited by Joelle

Ya know what I'd love to have? A pallet type thing, fits/locks on a tile or half a tile like a planned floor & could look a bit like one too. Possibly loadable, takes multiple crates along the lines of a wagon quantity, and has a few model changes as it fills with crates just like bsbs do.

Edited by cccdfern
  • Like 1

+1  bump.... we need this one bad

I have seen a bunch of the same suggestion posted this was just the first one in my search.  With the drag and drop this should be very easy to manage and make storage less of a mess with better access to what we need. 

• Like 3

Am I correct in thinking these types of storage containers (FSB, BSB, Crates, etc.) help lessen server load since there's no need to check the contents for damage, or even at all, unless container is opened?

If so, +1.

Sounds like it would be better to have one large crate container than 50 bsb's.

If not, though, how far are we going to take the mass storage mania?  Still a +1, but just wonder where the upper limit lies.

Went to bump this and it was already bumped! Thanks, guys!