Sign in to follow this  
Wrecker

Chicken coop

I would love to suggest what I think would be a wonderful idea. Having/keeping Hens is really nice, especially for getting eggs with the new cooking update. I was thinking, how great would it be to have a container/item "chicken coop" that you could fill with feed to keep your hens happy and not starve? Just by having it on the same tile as where the chickens are would keep them nice and fed. No more worries about having to drop piles of whatever to keep them from starving. Or it could even work like the new bees addition, where a hen inside a coop would perhaps live longer or produce more eggs that you can go collect! Please I hope other people find this idea as cool as I

Thank you,

Wrecker.

• Like 1

I really like this idea, especially the "hens in coops" part. One thing that makes dealing with the hens in general meh is that you really cant breed them, and they have such short lifespans when found in the wild. Hatching from eggs takes quite a while before they can produce any eggs, and there's no guarantee if you leave an egg out it will even become a chicken. It would be really nice if we could build something like this using an egg similar to making a birdcage, and then chicken just lived inside for x amount of time and laid eggs as long as we kept the food hopper full :) 

+1.

Keeping chickens needs to become more game friendly, could immediatly do something similar for all non grazing animals (like pigs)