Sign in to follow this  
Sophorino

[Release] RecipeEditor

lJUXat0l.png

Source: https://github.com/encode32/RecipeEditor

Release: https://github.com/encode32/RecipeEditor/releases/latest

Java 1.8 required

This is the oficial cooking documentation for WO: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhEhJkjNy-jl3_L5mdaQRVzyfdS7MfAt8_iNwSaHYYE/edit

13 minutes ago, joedobo said:

I went throught WU code and made a spreadsheet listing valid recipe construction namings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u7OMB3lcvaKHFuOtsD1lYUv_N-sqNIf2PPKQcQUuWQw/edit?usp=sharing

If you see any bug please post here or github issues.

Feel free to contribute.

Edited by Sophorino
  • Like 9

great, but how do you run it? all I see Is a jar file, sorry lol i'm not a programmer and haven't messed with java before

SWEET!!!!!!!

Will definitely give this a try

QUESTIONS:

• hmm we need ITEMID numbers for all cooking tools, ingredients etc?  Is there a written down list anywhere so that we don;t have to open the game and mess around with GM wands to find each ID number? It would be nice if there was a way to select off a "nested"  menu, may not be possible.
  • When we set a RECIPE ID NUMBER is there any way to make sure we do not choose numbers already in use? I decided to try 7100-7199 but I have no way to know if those are legal numbers, or in use by others already. I imagine people making up "bundle packs" will need to go through and renumber recipes to keep some order.
  • I have no idea what CSTATE PSTATE etc mean, how to determine ratios and difficulties, so maybe i will have to wait till some super nice person comes up with a n00b guide ^_^

Still a little complicated for newbie users but probably in the perfect comfort zone for most serious modders and  MUCH BETTER than the JSON template script alone, very grateful and eager to see what people come up with

i will poke around and think up more questions 

Still does not quite make up for the rather sorry lack of recipes that are so far included  (which are almost all 'recipes' we either had already like casseroles and cheese, or that we cannot use like butter cream) but maybe if they add more a few dozen more official recipes before release, this program  will help heal the worst of the gaps. My previous gripe still stands,  that this should be 'rstra content' and  new users should not have to look to third party programs to make up for basic elements lacking from the game, but at this stage ANYTHING we can get is welcomed). IE, If we have sugarbeets, we should have a way to actually use  sugarbeets. Same with Copper Stills, roasting pans, a dozen other items we have no way to use ingame.. 

And just in time for people to practice before the RECIPE CONTEST retrograde hinted they might have ^_^ 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

This is the oficial documentation for WO: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhEhJkjNy-jl3_L5mdaQRVzyfdS7MfAt8_iNwSaHYYE/edit

• you dont need itemid, id can be like "any herb", "tomato", "any flower" etc.. by the end ill try to be implementing all the options but need time.
  • custom recipeid start from 1500, all i can do is implement a function that will say you if that recipe id is already on the folder and you want to continue exporting it anyway.
  • cstate is "cooking state" and pstate is "phisical state" its all explained in the documentation.

Hope this helps future users figure out things.

Ok great thanks! So cstate is things like "steamed" and pstate is things like "minced", got it

difficulty is things like, 0 for stove, 5 for campfire., 10 for forge, maybe a basic 5 for each added ingredient

ratios for liquids is still hard for me to figure it so I just said "water" :P I am not sure if the game decides the nutritional/CCFP value so that less water = more nutrition per unit, or how liquids work in the equation

Went through and tried making a "leftovers goulasch", with stuff like meat onions garlic cheese tomatoes potatoes cooked in a cauldron, but I can already see I am too much a noob, and instead will be looking forward to seeing more talented cook-slash-modders to give it a shot ^_^ this is a huge step forward to encouraging some to give it a try

It actually would be nice to see them implement something like this INGAME as part of the cookbook, but I suppose that's not very likely so i might be back to making "GENERIC STEW-MEAL-CASSEROLE" all the time and just throwing whatever I can into the pot.

Kind of like before the 1.3 alpha, except now I add add chopped carrots too ^_^

Correctly, thats it, always in lowcase btw.

Hope this help people make easily recipes.

Thank you very much Sophorino.

I started to mess around with javaFX to try to make something like this. Although, not only am I a complete noob with javafx, also designing the layout of the GUI was more difficult than I thought. Now I can focus on just filling out the GUI forms.

• Like 1

things that are needed especially are recipes that:

• use otherwise unusable objects (copper still, roasting pan, wooden plate, baking stone, dairy products, sausage skins, roasted spits, hops hazelnuts/pinenuts sugar  beehive honey
  • add missing basic building block components (cooking oils, dried pastas, I forget now some of the other things

Hopefully we will find some people specialized in making distilled spirits (rum whiskey gin etc) so that there is some base consistency in recipes of the same type/class, as it may get chaotic if recipes all use  totally different steps for use of the copper still (do you start with it or finish with it, etc) . Might also be nice to have  things like dried preserved foods (fruits mushrooms jerkys smoked fish pickled dishes) good for travel without spoiling, though I am not sure we can actually DO that with the new system

This will still cause issues for people who have problems with downloading and installing mods, using third party sites etc but perhaps we can get devs to bundle a "critical 100 recipes" directly into the game at some future point that make sure new players don't end up growing 500 sugarbeets only to discover they cant even use them in anything. .

• Like 1

Thanks for this, Sopherino. It's a bit tricky to use in its current state, but it's a LEAP in the right direction. Some in-app documentation would go miles to make it more user-friendly (such as listing the possible IDs for containers and cookers, or mouse-over tooltip explanations of what cstate, pstate, real template, loss, ratio etc. are.

Partially related to the application, where is the file supposed to go? We've tried adding the "recipe 1500.json" to basically everywhere, but it seems to refuse to work in-game. Maybe something is wrong with the actual recipe? Wife did up a quick recipe in the application to test it, but still no luck actually adding it to the server.

Spoiler

"name": "butter chicken",
  "recipeid": "1500",
  "known": true,
  "skill": "hot food cooking",
  "trigger": "heat",
  "cookers": [
    {
      "id": "oven",
      "difficulty": 0.0
    },
    {
      "id": "campfire",
      "difficulty": 5.0
    },
    {
      "id": "forge",
      "difficulty": 10.0
    }
  ],
  "containers": [
    {
      "id": "frying pan",
    }
  ],
  "ingredients": {
    "mandatory": [
      {
        "id": "paprika"
      },
      {
        "id": "cumin"
      },
      {
        "id": "any meat"
      }
    ]
  },
  "result": {
    "id": "meal",
    "difficulty": 15.0,
    "description": "Darkren approved."
  }
}

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joedobo said:

Thank you very much Sophorino.

I started to mess around with javaFX to try to make something like this. Although, not only am I a complete noob with javafx, also designing the layout of the GUI was more difficult than I thought. Now I can focus on just filling out the GUI forms.

This is the first time i make a GUI in Java, so mistakes are everywhere, ill be getting it better.

1 hour ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

things that are needed especially are recipes that:

• use otherwise unusable objects (copper still, roasting pan, wooden plate, baking stone, dairy products, sausage skins, roasted spits, hops hazelnuts/pinenuts sugar  beehive honey
  • add missing basic building block components (cooking oils, dried pastas, I forget now some of the other things

Hopefully we will find some people specialized in making distilled spirits (rum whiskey gin etc) so that there is some base consistency in recipes of the same type/class, as it may get chaotic if recipes all use  totally different steps for use of the copper still (do you start with it or finish with it, etc) . Might also be nice to have  things like dried preserved foods (fruits mushrooms jerkys smoked fish pickled dishes) good for travel without spoiling, though I am not sure we can actually DO that with the new system

This will still cause issues for people who have problems with downloading and installing mods, using third party sites etc but perhaps we can get devs to bundle a "critical 100 recipes" directly into the game at some future point that make sure new players don't end up growing 500 sugarbeets only to discover they cant even use them in anything. .

Totally agree, would be awesome if people contribute and devs add a bunch of recipes.

40 minutes ago, Darkren said:

Thanks for this, Sopherino. It's a bit tricky to use in its current state, but it's a LEAP in the right direction. Some in-app documentation would go miles to make it more user-friendly (such as listing the possible IDs for containers and cookers, or mouse-over tooltip explanations of what cstate, pstate, real template, loss, ratio etc. are.

Partially related to the application, where is the file supposed to go? We've tried adding the "recipe 1500.json" to basically everywhere, but it seems to refuse to work in-game. Maybe something is wrong with the actual recipe? Wife did up a quick recipe in the application to test it, but still no luck actually adding it to the server.

Reveal hidden contents

{
    },
    {
      "id": "campfire",
      "difficulty": 5.0
    },
    {
      "id": "forge",
      "difficulty": 10.0
    }
  ],
  "containers": [
    {
      "id": "frying pan",
    }
  ],
  "ingredients": {
    "mandatory": [
      {
        "id": "paprika"
      },
      {
        "id": "cumin"
      },
      {
        "id": "any meat"
      }
    ]
  },
  "result": {
    "id": "meal",
    "difficulty": 15.0,
    "description": "Darkren approved."
  }
}

INFORMACIÓN: recipe file name (.\Adventure\recipes\recipe1500.json) is not in correct format, expected " recipe xxxx.json" where xxxx are the recipe id (same as in the file).

my bad, i was exporting file names without the space between

Working great :D

2onwCgT.png

The folder for recipes are in ".\Adventure\recipes\"

Right now pushing a fix for recipe names exported correctly.

EDIT: Fix is available, 0.0.1a

Edited by Sophorino
  • Like 1

Took a bit of fiddling, but thanks to knowing where the recipe files are supposed to go, we finally got it working on the main server. Thanks so much!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sophorino said:

Its a runnable jar, just double click, or "java -jar jarfile.jar"

yep that worked thankyou

This is not as easy a CodeClub seems to think it's going to be.

com.wurmonline.server.support.JSONException: Result item 'applesauce' does not exist as a template.

So do I use "stew" as the result ID and name it "applesauce"?

also....

With liquids you have to have a ratio and a loss values. Loss is how much of the water's weight is destroyed upon recipe creation.

more wierdness:

[10:19:29 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.items.Recipes: Failed to load recipe bacon, lettus and tomato sandwich {1508}
com.wurmonline.server.support.JSONException: Optional Ingredient 'mayonnaise' does not exist as a template.

There is no template for mayonnaise so that isn't too much of a surprise. You can make mayo using the white sauce template and name it mayonnaise. But when it comes time to use that mayo in something I don't get how you'd choose just it and not white sauce. Also, how is a milk, flour and butter sauce anything like an egg, oil, and acidic-liquid sauce ?

I know Wurm wants it to be easy to add recipes but it just seems we will still need to mod in new item templates in some cases. In this case there should be an entry for mayonnaise in the ItemTemplateCreatorCooking.class.

8 recipes down and close to 400 to go...lol. This isn't fun at all. I predict this isn't going to go well for CodeClub.

Thats the same im thinking about it, later ill take a look over all the system and try to determine how actually works, make no sense.

i'm leaving this stuff to you guys to figure out, i'll jump on when you have it figured out

i'm getting a headache just reading what you guys are doing to get things working lol.

This will be great for users who want to advance and expand their recipe listings, glad to see it come to fruition!

More recipes will be coming from us in the beta and live versions, and recipe packs may be available down the line

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

More recipes will be coming from us in the beta and live versions, and recipe packs may be available down the line

Great news, I know before you said "may" so hearing that upgraded to "will" is wonderful news

Good work on this so far, yes Java GUi succcckkkkssss. When waiting for WU to come out and budda was working on the WGen, I was like yeah budda buddy I will clean up the GUI for you and pretty up the buttons.... I did it, and I found out quickly why he didn't want to hahahaha.

If i click on the buttons, the editor is asking for an ID, which id is this example for cookers?

Eject

nvm id is just the name =)

Edited by Eject

my test recipe recipe1500.json is in the recipe folder but i cant see it ingame in the cookbook

edited it to recipe 1500.json but still i cant see it

Eject

maybe i do some wrong?

{
  "name": "schnitzel",
    {