Sign in to follow this  
Tamorlane

'Pile of Marker' or 'How I keep the Spirit Guards in My Pocket'

I logged in after the maintenance restart to find a "Pile of Marker" on the ground in front of me (my alts hs).

Upon opening the pile there was an item called "Spirit guard[1079429301505]"

The following hilarity ensued:

[11:18:49] You get a Spirit guard[1079429301505]. -> Seen in inv. as ? item with same descriptor.

[11:18:54] You start to pray at the stone altar of Vynora.

[11:19:13] You finish your prayer to Vynora.

[11:19:13] Vynora is pleased with your devotion.

[11:19:21] A spirit guard[1079429301505] is useless and you throw it away.

There's decay, and then there is decay.

I've never heard of markers being labeled, but all markers I've ever seen decay very rapidly, yes.

Basically, Markers seem to be placeholders for various events or graphics that's supposed to take place somewhere, a sort of special effects. For instance, if an unique does an AoE attack, it will spawn markers where that Aoe attack affects. The red dragon used to throw down markers every time it would spew fire (on the test server), but it was later replaced with the bonfire graphic, so whenever the red dragon would spew fire, there would be half a dozen of campfires lighting on the ground.

I don't think markers as items do anything though. They're simply there to point attention to some event that has already taken place. The bug is probably that the marker spawned with the spirit guard, and then you picked it up before it disappeared (decayed) again. Don't think it's intentional that markers spawn with deed guards, I have never heard of it happen.

cant use em for anything, tho they litter alot it does dissappear quickly.

we have spirit shadows

Thell the maintenance guys to clean up the markers before starting the server again xD

My sincere apologies, Manny.  I searched the forums for the phrase "pile of marker" and it returned no results, hence the post.  Regardless, I stand behind my assertion that the phrase "A spirit guard is useless and you throw it away" is not only delightfully ironic, it is just plain funneh.  :P