Sign in to follow this  
jackjones

Jack's Wurm Tools - Android App

g20wWrDENeXQuXDQRffrIuok3-l-S9VaD2xdWlkl

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jackswurmtools.app

I've coded up an Android app for Wurm Online, with the following features:

Access key details about Wurm Online, including server status, current Wurm Online time and weather (wind), server login counts, harvest timings (including hops, hazelnuts, oranges, and pine nuts), latest village founds/disbands. Also included are charts tracking key details about your favorite Wurm Online home server, including village counts and premium subscribers.

Will there be a version for the iPhone?

It's not outside the realm of possibilities. At the present time, I do not have the capabilities to build a version for iPhone, but that could change.

What's to come?

• Better harvest timing calculations,
  • Snazzier look and feel,
  • Possible map integration,
  • Public release of Web APIs that help reveal data metrics for all your Wurm Online custom development needs.
  • Like 8

Reason #3785 why I should ditch my iPhone. This is super neat, great work!

Uhm ... thanks. But: I just installed it and the first thing I was greeted with was a fullscreen advertisement. :o

Good job Jack. Although I agree with some others that the advertisement at start is a bit off putting.

Also I am no developer, but an option to view characters in Niarja (a redirect button to it) would make it even more impressive. Not sure if that's something you can do or not. I would love to be able to click a button and see my own stats 

2 hours ago, Yaga said:

Uhm ... thanks. But: I just installed it and the first thing I was greeted with was a fullscreen advertisement. :o

I hear you.. I will remove the interstitial ads on the next push.

• Like 1

Do you plan or are you interested in adding Wurm Unlimited servers to this app, looks like a nice tool.

There's a little typo in your app: the server is called "Deliverance", not "Deliverence" ;)

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

Do you plan or are you interested in adding Wurm Unlimited servers to this app, looks like a nice tool.

I could. Is there a list of publically available stats.xml dumps out there? 

17 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Also I am no developer, but an option to view characters in Niarja (a redirect button to it) would make it even more impressive. Not sure if that's something you can do or not. I would love to be able to click a button and see my own stats 

Also an option to follow Niarja's skilldump updates and a notification like
"PLAYER's XXXXX SKILL IS 95 AND YOURS IS 34. SKILL UP, SLACKER!"

Edited by zigozag

3 hours ago, jackjones said:

I could. Is there a list of publically available stats.xml dumps out there? 

Cool stuff!

There's no list of every stats.xml. Every WU server can expose a stats.xml if they want to. It's probably best practice only to consume it if you have the owner's permission.

Edited by Chakron

Thanks for the first update. This is a nice app, similar to Glomby's WurmAgent - but: your new version still contains annoying advertisements. Is this really necessary? (None of the other available tools needs commercial ad spamming - and honestly I don't think it's appropriate for a Wurm community tool.)

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

Advertisements are what makes the developer get paid for his work. They are not horrible as long as it's the small bar at the bottom, plus a $0.99 option to make the ads go away. I'd go for that. But a full size add that takes the whole screen? Yeah f-you mobile strike. I'm so sick of seeing that stupid ad. 

Sorry, but I won't use it as long as it is full of annoying ads :(

Such a shame. It's such a nice little app to use. Ruined by ads. I really really wanted to like this and tried to put up with ads for so long. Just uninstalled it because I got sick and tired of having to navigate the stupid full screen  Mobile Strike ad Everytime I log into the application, along with all the other ads.

Please let us know if you include a way to remove ads. I will gladly pay a reasonable price just to be rid of them. Until then I give up.

Regardless, thanks for your work, JJ.

Although 77% of mobile apps contain ads (according to DJT), I have removed the ads.

• Like 1

Wonderful tool. Simple and useful.
It could have ads, I don't care. As long as they don't get in the way or can be closed.
If you want some kind of reward for your work, just put an ad, but keep working on it I love it

Edited by Mosquete

If you give me a donation box, I'll donate to you. Its great work. I just rather not have ads even if I have to pay for it. PM me a donation link and I'll throw money at you!