Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

Modders discord or something similar

Sindusk and I while speaking with Nappy one night had brushed on the idea, but never really followed up. I would think it could be fun and useful for us modders to get together and create a little community where we could live chat, voice chat, and be able to read a history. It would be great for collaboration, idea sharing and even just wtf have you run into this type situations.

What do you other guys think, or is there something like this together already I have been missing?

Created a Discord server for modders to hang out: https://discord.gg/s7p6XCr

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 2

I just wanted to get the idea out there. I personally do not have a lot of experience in setting up discord and managing it's communities. Only even joined a couple of groups before. So while I am very fond of this idea, I do not think I am qualified to be the community manager of it.

I love the idea, and we don't necessary have to just make it just for modding, we can simply have text channels laid out for a wide range of things, modding including.

I'd be willing to set one up

There is a modding IRC channel but not many use it (myself included)

yep I know about the irc channel, its mostly dead really. The idea sparked because of some good conversations that Sindusk and I had on Nappy's teamspeak server. It was nice while working on mods to be able to chat with another modder.

Someone messaged me offering to set it up. Personally I do not have the experience with discord, or the time between my 2 jobs to properly run it, WU takes up all my remaining time, but most of that is modding so would love to sit around the campfire talking with you guys.