Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

The great blessing of deliverance!

As many if not all of you know, we can now bless the lamps for some perma lights in tunnels, highway, cave canals and whatnot:

On 09/02/2017 at 3:07 PM, DevBlog said:
  • Changed the resulting location of lamps planted using the corner tile.
    • Lamps previously planted using the tile corners if on tile corners that bordered deed and perimeter may have actually been ‘located’ on the perimeter tile rather than the deed tile for lighting and decay. If you have lamps planted in this manner, pick up your lamp, stand on the DEED tile and replant in the corner to assure that the lamp is located on deed and not in the perimeter.
    • Lamps in the past could not be planted on certain tile borders if there was a house or fence on that border as well. You can now plant and interact with lamps on tile corners even if there is a house or fence intersecting that tile corner.
    • Blessed lamps will auto-light off deed when planted on pavement tiles. When planting, please be certain you are standing on the pavement tile if planting using the tile corner method.
  • Feature: New behavior for off deed blessed lamps.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on pavement tiles will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on bridges will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.

No priest, no time, want to do some community oriented job WiTH the community, drop a word here to coordinate our efforts.

Remember the need for reinforced cave floor, so some tunnels will need extra love.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 6

Done so far :

• Yellow cave canal (odynn)
  • Bear Echo cave canal (odynn)
  • Orange tunnel (darmalus)
  • Rainbow Cave canal (Koroth)
  • Eridanus tunnel (SE peninsula) - Yaga/Odynn
  • Serendipity Bridge (odynn)
  • Red tunnel - Theshawv/Subie
  • Blue tunnel - Theshawv/Subie
  • Green tunnel - Theshawv/Subie/Odynn/others nice fellas

To Do: (classified by how easy the tasks are)

• Purple Canal - reinforce the tiles beneat the lamps  (Nicrolis is working on it)
  • Wolf's den tunnel to mystic lake - only need a blessing on the lamps and pushing some back on the reinforced tiles.
  • PPM tunnel - much flatten, so many reinforce! And bless all (didn't counted the tiles in that one either, priest didn't like the hell hound)
  • Mystic lake - East Sea - need to reinforce the central line where the lamps are (odynn doesn't swim well enough to count the tiles, sorry peeps)!
  • GreenDog <-> West coast - reinforced tiles beneath the lamps - or straighten tunnels with GM autorization and add reinforcment.

Cause Odynn need new glasses:

• Any others bridges with lamps in need of blessing

Main highways or roads with lights in need of blessing:

• Do we have any?
Edited by Odynn
always more infos
  • Like 4

It would be good to straighten the GD tunnel but there is a deed on top to consider also again.

Cecci is on Xanadu with the bridgeproject so I don't really have anyone that can make reinforcements but I have priests that can bless (in GD tunnel).

Some tunnels are easier to do than the others, some only require a tiny amount of works, others are high level community projects.

That survey of mine was done on the main canal on deliverance, i didn't checked the highways, so if any readers want to do so and add their input, please do so.

On the same note, some of those tunnels are owned : deeds at the end / middle / active creators / etc. Project like those, even if done for the benefit of the community cannot be imposed to them. Working together will and always remain the deli way.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 1

Nice post here! You have made a good point about how blessing these lamps within the public boat canals and tunnels will really improve those situations with permanent lit lamps. I have planted a few lamps in small open to the Public Mines in my Local area and hopefully should ever a priest *visit* them they will cast a bless on those lamps as well without me needing to contact them to point out locations and make arrangements.

Small quiet improvements to Local areas has always been my preference, so let's not forget to contribute to those as well...

=Ayes=

5 hours ago, Ayes said:

I have planted a few lamps in small open to the Public Mines in my Local area and hopefully should ever a priest *visit* them they will cast a bless on those lamps as well without me needing to contact them to point out locations and make arrangements.

A wandering priest got lost in your area, seen a few lamps, but none on the required reinforced tiles... feel free to badger me in game (or any willing priests) if i missed the proper ones.

Updated the list

Edited by Odynn

5 minutes ago, Odynn said:

A wandering priest got lost in your area, seen a few lamps, but none on the required reinforced tiles

I was wondering about this and I am thinking that perhaps they can still be blessed without the tile reinforcements? Then maybe later I could reinforce them and they would function properly for the blessing. Anyway, yea I'd best check my Public Mine planted lamps and reinforce those tiles. Thanks for the reminder.

=Ayes=

yes, they can be blessed, easier imho to know which ones to bless instead of trying to find all of them in the mines.

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Anyway, yea I'd best check my Public Mine planted lamps and reinforce those tiles. Thanks for the reminder.

One possible option would be to pile them up at an indicated spot (with a sign "bless me plox" or anything similar) and any priest in the area could do the job, leaving you the time to reinforce and place the lamps at your convenience.

And even if Ayes raised the point, said solution is valid for anyone willing to get some lights in his/her area and without access to a priest. Plant the lamps at one spot, give said location on the map, let the priests do their blessings and pick up your lamps without any risks of thievery to fulfill your projects.

• Like 1

Serendipity Bridge lamps went on at night (after the needed blessing, filling, lighting) kinda nice to see it working as intended.

The tunnels lamps behavior might take a bit longuer to check (ie. staying full and lit), but overall it is quite positive.

The main question will now be to set up crew to improve the main tunnels (and highways if we do need lamps on them) to do the flattening and (the horrible) support beams needed.

Just woke up so forgive me if I am not totally with it. Starting to work from Wonderland outwards today, leveling/ re-enforcing/ planting/ blessing lights. Once I get the main travel tunnels from mystic lake/old acme coast area north to wolfsden done, I will look into maybe starting to work on the red/blue/green tunnel system , needs the floors and ceilings done along with the lights.

What an awesome community project!  Thank you for the idea and for making it happen, Odynn. 

And thanks for blessing Serendipity Bridge and Eridanus Tunnel! 

Edited by Yaga

7 hours ago, TheShawv said:

I will look into maybe starting to work on the red/blue/green tunnel system

Red and blue are kinda easy, still require a lot of beams. From a quick survey, i believe most of the red one is flat some spots are a bit odd and might require some concrete / leveling down.

We have iron veins in those, forges can be loaded as well as crates of logs. So if we can get a team ready we can surely work on those tunnels directly (and rather quickly).

The green tunnel will require a lot more of efforts seeing the amount of veins and caveins in the way and how uneven the floor is not to mention the lack of ceiling raise on the central tile (which is the trademark of the others two, as well as a lot of others tunnels / cave canals on deli).

As I mentionned in freedom the other day, for the GD tunnel to west coast, but the same apply here, a proper mapping of the tunnel and veins, one or two pop toons and a mag priest or two will do most of the job to remove the veins in the way (this tunnel being already well set), smoothing the floor will take some time as well, the frequent slopes changes making it a death trap when it's filled by mobs.

[Do note that the sooner the tunnel is mapped the faster the vein removal can be done]

Last point would be those tunnels status, they are not heritage sites but modifications on them (specially the green) might be worth having a GM agreement and once polished, maybe ask for the heritage status seeing their importance in connecting Deliverance North and Center to the southern steppes and east peninsula.

Could also see if some blacksmiths would imp some of those lamps. Only thing you would need is a hot lump.

just seen that some work is being done on the blue tunnel, red tunnel already got some love, good job!

Found the 'guilty' party, many thanks to shawv one man mining army!

Edited by Odynn

Wolfs den to Mystic lake needs attending to, but i fully intend on turning Merlyn into a priest so can take care of it myself.
so as not to burden anyone.
but i felt it worth a mention

On 10/02/2017 at 3:58 AM, Odynn said:

Wolf's den tunnel to mystic lake - only need a blessing on the lamps and pushing some back on the reinforced tiles.

just need to catch mandi (lamp owner) to push them back for the blessing. (unless it was already done). No point in running around and blessing them for now if they are not on reinforced tiles.

they appear to be on tile corners of reinforced tiles. 

Spoiler

pNdvC3i.jpg

I will of course try to catch mandi on.

Red tunnel is done, Blue tunnel is done, road between them and crater road done also. Thx Odynn for reenforcement beams on the floor. Only need to use concrete to level the blue tunnel right side that is in the process of being made.

Next will be the Green tunnel. Massive project. I will get the surveying done Sunday and make a plan. Any donations of support beams or iron vein removal is appreciated.

• Like 2

Green tunnel will need 1k concrete . I am willing to make the concrete for this tunnel like I did the others but could use donations of ash for lye. 

directly spoken to subie ingame, but another possible option would be to lessen the load by collapsing / mining the tiles again and only using concrete to fix the possible screw up (cause mining forward sucks)

Green tunnel is almost done, lamps blessed, floor tiles will be reenforced today, E-W section roof needs raised up, The northern end floor is passable but not as pretty as I would like. I requested ash for concrete because it was something everyone could help with if they wished even though it may not be the fastest way to do it. Since its usable and concrete can be added at any time I will complete that part as I see fit. Looks like we are on target to get the colored tunnels done real soon, thank you everyone who helped with donations of ash, support beams and leveling of cave tiles. - Keep calm and Mine on.

was thinking also of making entrances 3 wide but will need a mag priest to break reinforcement and collapse 1 side of entrance so it can be remined

having failed to get hold of mandi, i got my alt to priesthood and have started blessing the lamps in the North Mystic Lake > Wolfs Den Canal.
much of the deeper mine network has already been taken care of by Wonderland Mines. 
My progress will be slow but eventual.

edit - update
The canal is now illuminated in full. 
the connection with wonderland mines still needs doing. I need to add a sign to the mystic lake entrance. 

Edited by Steveleeb

Heh! I wasn't aware it was you! :D

• Like 1